Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2023 5:42:07 PM EDT
My daughter is getting a G43x for Christmas and I have no idea what works/doesn't work well in terms of purse holsters. I assume type/style of purse will have some impact. You guys/gals or spouses have any input?

Also...started to post in Women's forum but almost no activity there so here I am.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My DW carries, but "purse holster" is kinda confusing.

She carries a purse, designed for a gun, that has a zippered pocket (along the side) for a pistol- no holster. She carries a Hellcat in there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If she is a slim lady belly bad is great way for women to carry and keeps the gun on your person, instead of left in a purse somewhere
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Tessah Booth

I think you should show her this youtube channel and let her watch this woman's videos so she can see that carrying on body isn't difficult with the right equipment. Phlster also has a lot of good, educational videos that aren't long and drawn out.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a JM Custom kydex IWB-holster for the wife to carry her Hellcat in the cross-body slung purse. It fits into a zippered center-compartment, attached to a soft-neoprene 'frame' that holds the pistol/holster in a way for consistent/fast/easy draw. If she ever does want to carry on her body, she will simply use the holster that lives in the purse.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Women are not men, you know this being this is your daughter and I assume you have a wife/women in your life.

I say this because I know the usual choir-routine that chimes in, "purse carry bad, women better off dead and disarmed than carrying in a purse..."

I know several women who carry and choose to be armed, even some that have looked into belly-bands/IWB/etc holsters for keeping the gun on them. But reality is they almost always default to a purse.

Women don't tend to 'dress around' a gun, they want their tight fitting leggings, fitted-shirts, a belt? lol, no, and they just prefer to do things 'their way'.

All this being considered, its usually pretty simple to get them to go the extra inch and treat their purse with more care and up their situational awareness. End the bad habits of tossing their purse on the floor when visiting a friend, maintain control of it in busy-environments, avoid tossing it in the shopping-cart while shopping, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top