Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2023 1:45:10 AM EDT
Hello everyone, I just got my prodigy a few weeks ago and have put about 300 hundred rounds through it. It shoots amazingly but every few rounds I will be hit in the right arm or chest by the brass. I've seen some videos on how to tune the extractor but it seems like its on the money from the "shakes". If anyone can tell me if it is a brake in thing or if I should tighten or loosen the bar it would help a bunch!
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a weak extractor. So you’d want to tighten it/increase tension.

It’s the direction labeled “more” in this image:

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for the novice questions but I have the Weigand extractor tool.

Will that still work on the Prodigy?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By phungus:
Sorry for the novice questions but I have the Weigand extractor tool.

Will that still work on the Prodigy?
View Quote

Yes, top end is a normal 1911.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Before doing ANYTHING, replace the recoil spring. I've seen way to many crappy [low tension] one's from SA. After that, extractor, just replace it, don't even bother with the original, not impressed with those either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Before doing ANYTHING, replace the recoil spring. I've seen way to many crappy [low tension] one's from SA. After that, extractor, just replace it, don't even bother with the original, not impressed with those either.
View Quote

What weight recoil spring for factory 115gr FMJ (I'm mostly shooting Fiocchi and S&B) would you suggest?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top