Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2023 6:29:20 PM EDT
I thought that id go for the traditional grip but i couldn't find one with a threaded barrel,  i never handled a 22/45 before and then this followed me home

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You will not be disappointed!  Better start stocking rimfire deep......
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nyeoj:
You will not be disappointed!  Better start stocking rimfire deep......
View Quote

At around 10,000 rounds now.  Will add another 10k or so now that the holidays are coming to an end.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Egads man
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Phillbilly:
Egads man
View Quote

I mean when you're used to buying 300blk 22lr is so easy to stock up on
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Good looking pistol. I would loose the rails and get a Maddmacs or Lobos red dot mount and go to town.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:21:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#6]
Nice, you'll enjoy it. I prefer the 22/45. The 1911 contor is much more comfortable and quicker for me.
Shoot a brick of higher velocity ammo(1200+fps) through it to get everything broken in and smoothed out. They are fantastic pistols.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there anything in particular these things dont like to run?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:36:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#8]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
View Quote

Great choice OP! I have one and love it, goes to the range with me 90% of the time. It's proven reliable and very accurate. I swapped the pic rail for a Madmacs RDS mount and am very happy with it.

Regarding what it'll run, I use CCI SV the vast majority of the time, but any SV or hotter runs great. I can't remember if I ran any of the downloaded/"quiet" stuff or not as SV with a DA Mask is already very quiet. I think I tried it but don't recall being overly impressed.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
mine has trouble cycling with "subsonic" rated ammo, like 850fps stuff. you can get lighter recoil springs to help..
even though minimags and SV are subsonic out of this gun...
SV and minimags run GREAT and is all that I shoot and stack deep.

I have the same gun, with a mask, trijicon coyote rmr on a maddmacs rear dovetail mount. I posted a photo in the picture thread above about a few weeks ago.

I love it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

My magazines are too sluggish when I attempted to use CCI AR Tactical.
This ammo appears to have a great deal of gummy lubricant on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gont:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gont:

You can tune the mags - there s a video out there on how to do it. The competition guys do it, it does help. Tandemkross may be the one who made the video.
Basically you polish the follower to get rid of injection molding artifacts, polish the loading knob where it rides in the channel on the mag, as well as the channel itself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Just add a VQ trigger kit, red dot, suppressor,  and you're all set!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Does the volquartsen kit help with reset?  Mine is not exactly tactile
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:30:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#14]
View Quote

Yes, trigger pull down to 2/2.5# as well as shorter reset. Its adjustable
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#15]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

Yes, trigger pull down to 2/2.5# as well as shorter reset. Its adjustable
View Quote

Probably will order one once i recover financially from these two blasters

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

it will and the trigger is nicer too. just like the other poster said.
I kept mine stock, but I did add a volq extractor as I do on ALL my other rimfire stuff.  99% of the troubles is extraction and feeding. and because it extracts then it tries to feed, reliable extraction is key. I also did their firing pin as well due to shit rimfire ammo reliability.. I got their bolt tune up kit to be exact.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Volquartsen’s EBay store will occasionally have their trigger kits at a discount.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#18]
Yeah im gonna order one but put the tandemkross trigger shoe in.  I put 300 rounds down range today and only had 3 malfunctions but that was with really weak subsonic ammo.  This thing is a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#19]
The TandemKross trigger shoe and Volquartsen internals is an excellent combo.  Running that on my Tactical MKIV’s.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#20]
One thing i would like to find is a fiber optic front sight that is still suppressor height
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#21]
What can are you going to run to need suppressor height sights?   Dawson precision would probably have what you’re looking for.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Well i just meant i didnt want a low sight im used to using suppressors on guns like glocks where you need specific suppressor height sights...ideally anyway
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#23]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By thebert:
Good looking pistol. I would loose the rails and get a Maddmacs or Lobos red dot mount and go to town.
View Quote

This here.  It will change your life view.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice, you'll enjoy it. I prefer the 22/45. The 1911 contor is much more comfortable and quicker for me.
Shoot a brick of higher velocity ammo(1200+fps) through it to get everything broken in and smoothed out. They are fantastic pistols.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20231228_191703_jpg-3074184.JPG
View Quote

Does the 1,200ish FPS ammo stay sub sonic out of the 4 barrel?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:38:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#26]
Originally Posted By GZ1:

Does the 1,200ish FPS ammo stay sub sonic out of the 4 barrel?
View Quote

Yes, so does mini mag.

I was having trouble cycling 1025fps Aguila subsonic and 970fps fed suppressor though it when testing ammo when I first got it.
Shot a brick of mini mag through it to smooth everything out and break it in, and and now it functions everything I've tried in it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I have the same one, just in black.  I threw on a Tandemkross Blast Back (magazine safety delete), their Victory trigger, and a Volquartsen upgraded bolt (seriously check out their ebay store, I picked up a factory bolt with their internals for $45 shipped) and it runs great.  Personally, after getting rid of the mag safety and adding the trigger, I'm perfectly content with the pull on mine.  Right around 4# and pretty crisp after getting the pre/post travel adjustements set.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I also have the same in Black. I took the top rail off but kept the lower for use with an Olight mini Valkyrie just in case some nighttime garbage pail poachers are about. I filled the holes with some plug screws from Ruger. I can't remember which but one of the holes goes thru and into the chamber so be careful to not go too deep. I added blue loctite to the threads.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#29]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20231228_191703_jpg-3074184.JPG
View Quote

How do you like that can?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:15:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#30]

How do you like that can?
View Quote

Lightweight, modular, sounds fantastic, keyed baffles and no first round pop.
The mounts and threads are titanium, but the baffles are aluminum so I wouldn't recommend cleaning them in an ultrasonic cleaner unless its adjustable and you can set it to at least 78 kHz or you risk corrosion. Or you can use the suppressor cleaning liquid everyone's raving about in the silencers subforum. I just clean mine with a brush and clr.
The mustang is by far my favorite .22lr only pistol can. Can't even tell its on the pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top