Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2023 11:29:13 PM EDT
Got to shoot mine today after more than 4-5 months of owning it. I only ran 2-3 mags through it, so I really didn't test it for accuracy. Plus I haven't shot for score with a handgun in over a year, so I'm really rusty. Still got 3-4" groups around 12-14 yards. Used GA Arms ammo, decent but not match level.

Trigger was nice, IMO. Stock OEM, nothing fancy. Still 1000 times better than Glock or H&K USP. I didn't think to check for reset, was tired & ready to go when I shot it last of the group.

As one would expect with a steel frame gun, recoil was nicely minimal. Clearly 9mm isn't a handbuster, but the SF smooths over a lot of felt recoil, IMO. This is a huge reduction over the polymer framed models. No frame flexing either. Super nice ergonomics, nothing to say that might be an improvement. This gun is wonderfully designed and built, IMO.

I can't honestly think of any gun on the market right now that can outshine this one by much. I'm a H&K guy, but Walther hit it out of the park on this one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Put a Walther DPT in there and take the gun to a new level.

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to try that trigger before I drop $150 on it, or whatever its cost is. I think the OEM trigger is actually pretty decent, IMO.

I've wasted hundreds of $$$ on trying to better my USP triggers, all to no avail. I've learned my lesson there, to try it first.

Send me your gun for a week or two & I can try it..............    
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The triggers are very good out of the box. Reset is excellent. They can be made better with a Sprinco spring kit. I have also installed a Dynamic Performance Trigger in my PDP Compact. I also put the Sprinco spring kit in it and it is the best striker fire trigger I own. I was thinking about installing the DPT in my PPQ Q4 Tactical but I may just leave it alone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sigmund22:
The triggers are very good out of the box. Reset is excellent. They can be made better with a Sprinco spring kit. I have also installed a Dynamic Performance Trigger in my PDP Compact. I also put the Sprinco spring kit in it and it is the best striker fire trigger I own. I was thinking about installing the DPT in my PPQ Q4 Tactical but I may just leave it alone.
View Quote

Interesting.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top