Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2022 1:42:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF]
Got the Sprinco trigger and safety springs for my Canik and PDP . Did the Canik in less than 10 min, with no problem.  Trigger spring on the Walther was a breeze ,But you have to take off the top plate /RDS mounting plate to get the safety plunger out .I have an RDS mounted on it and would prefer to not remove it. I have the gen 1 mounting plate and it is on there nice and tight and secure ,and don't want to remove it if I don't have to . So what I  want to know is ,is there a worthwhile significant improvement on trigger pull and feel after changing the safety plunger spring ?  I do plan on getting the Walther Dynamic trigger in the future.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a PDP today, the stock tigger is crazy good. Why mess with it at all?
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#2]
While it is good ,it could be better. And with the new trigger spring it has made it a bit better. In the end I plan on installing the Walther Dynamic trigger . If your happy and satisficed with the stock "good enough" trigger pull then you need not modify . Sprinco sells the springs because there is a need/market for them .There is a reason Walther makes and sells the upgraded Dynamic trigger for those of us that want it to be better. Some of us who shoot and have quality 1911's know how nice a pistol with a great trigger is and want our striker fired pistols to have better feeling triggers . In the end ,it's like a stock car and a modified car . Some of us enjoy and appreciate the added performance .
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The trigger on my PDP is  not that  great.!
I did put a lighter safety  spring (Ghost/Glock) in a Canik and it did make the trigger smoother .
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GONIF:
.... Some of us enjoy and appreciate the added performance .
View Quote

I get it, I have aftermarket triggers in all of my ARs and some pistols, but the trigger in my PDP is crisp and about 3.5 lbs. It's an early one and I wouldn't want a carry gun with a lighter trigger.
In fact I'm not sure spending more money on their performance trigger could improve on this. My PDP marked 2023 isn't as great but it has zero rounds so far.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GONIF:
Got the Sprinco trigger and safety springs for my Canik and PDP . Did the Canik in less than 10 min, with no problem.  Trigger spring on the Walther was a breeze ,But you have to take off the top plate /RDS mounting plate to get the safety plunger out .I have an RDS mounted on it and would prefer to not remove it. I have the gen 1 mounting plate and it is on there nice and tight and secure ,and don't want to remove it if I don't have to . So what I  want to know is ,is there a worthwhile significant improvement on trigger pull and feel after changing the safety plunger spring ?  I do plan on getting the Walther Dynamic trigger in the future.  
View Quote

I have both Sprinco springs and the PDT trigger on my PDP PRO SD.  Yes, the safety plunger spring made a noticeable difference.  The combination is scary light.  I would not run it in this gun for anything other than gun games and range time.

I have the FCD mounting plate on my gun.  I suffered no loss/appreciable change in zero from dismounting and remounting the optic.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top