Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2023 12:43:58 AM EDT
I recently picked up a new Sig P322 last week. I immediately used small screw as a spacer for the hammer spring. Strike was 50% better and had 100% ignition. First range trip I had mixed results. I shot about 500rds total consisting of Blazer, Fiocchi TT Sport, Federal Match, CCI SV/ Mini-Mag, Rem Golden Bullets, Browning (Rebranded Winchester), and Aguila SuperEx HV. All ammo was 40gr RN. Decent accuracy and function but I noticed the barre's last 1/3 near the muzzle was heavily leaded. Bore snake was no help. So I decided to polish the barrel lightly with iosso bore paste on a brush and drill carefully. I suspected the GB and Browning ammo but I just think the barrel may of just been a little rough out of the box.

Second range trip I brought another 500 rds of Blazer, CCI SV/ Mini Mags, and Aguila SuperEx HV. I actually had zero leading. I used a bore snake before switching brands to clean the carbon out. Near the I decided to run 60 rds of Mini Mags and immediately noticed the silverish lead coating on the muzzle and first inch or so of the rifling near the muzzle. Bore snake wouldn't remove it. Well I shot 60 rds of Aguila and it cleaned out the light lead build up lol. Overall great improvement over the first range trip leading disaster. When I got home the barrel was spotless. Just a normal cleaning was needed with no lead noticed. Sig customer service was quite surprised CCI Mini Mags started lead build up since it's a premium high quality offering.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE

Fast forward to this weekend I went out for a third range visit. This time I had a new Holosun 507k and armory craft trigger installed. Great optic and trigger for this set up btw. I put 1,000 rds though it. Aguila, Blazer, CCI SV, Stinger and this time 200 rds of Mini Mags which half were same lot number from the previous lead build up issue. Well to my surprise zero leading issues. I only shot 50rds of CCI Stingers. I did notice they would leave a very light coat of lead. But no flakers or chunks. I think its just from how fast and hot they zip off. Bore snake and other ammo cleaned it up immediately. So honestly I wouldn't even consider it leading. Just a little extra fouling than usual. I don't plan to use stingers varmint anyways. I've forgot to mention since I've own this pistol I would get an occasional FTF or Stovepipe/Jam. Most of the time the bullet is nose dived a little in the mag. It's definitely a learning curve to consistently  load these mags properly.

Overall I think its a fun plinking pistol. It's pretty close to a normal 9mm pistol as far as feel and manipulation. The internals look great with minimal wear. I may have lucked out with my barrel. I believe it just needed a light polish and break in to remove small micro burrs from manufacturing that trap lead. Others may have had this issue or even had chattering that wasn't going to smooth out after breaking in. For now I'm just going to continue putting more ammo through it and focus on loading the mags correctly to improve reliability. Honestly coming from a Keltec CP33 which is a big 22lr pistol and has $50 mags. The P322's a more realistic handgun with $25-29 mags is a way better choice in my opinion. I would definitely recommend this pistol. Thanks for reading my review.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has about 2-3k of cci sv and no leading issues. Its all stock and no issues with light strikes either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice! How often do you clean your P322?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
im probably 300rds into my 322. no leading but a few light strikes in the beginning 5 mags(25rd😍)

I think the new kids term is GOAT

im going to keep and enjoy
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:02:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for a while now.  Pretty solid and never had a leading issue.

OP, what's this you're talking about?  "I immediately used small screw as a spacer for the hammer spring".
I have had some light strike misfires.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top