Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2024 2:46:02 PM EDT
I’ve carried my G43 in a T-Rex sidecar for a few years and it’s a great holster but I want something to carry without a spare mag just so i can reduce bulk sometimes.
I like the Look of the Vedder holsters but wanted to get some opinions/experiences of others before I bought something.
Let me know what you all recommend. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre3] [#1]
I've yet to have a JM Kydex holster I didn't like. The people that work there are also super helpful whenever I've called with questions. They have quick ship options for most if not all of their holsters for all the mainstream pistols... including yours.

I currently have an AIWB 2.0 and my only complaint is not getting the 2.5 with a dcc monoblock. Having two separate clips spread to opposite ends of the holster makes me have to compromise positioning with some pants due to belt loop interference. In all of those instances, the 2.5 with the monoblock would be able to sit exactly where I want it without a belt loop being in the way.

For the same price you're getting better hardware than Vedder.

Also, the light tuck is a generic IWB holster than can do AIWB. The JM is made specifically for AIWB. There's a big difference.

For instance, I still have one of the original G-code INCOG holsters that I've added a claw and foam wedge too. Does it do AIWB and conceal a full size Glock? Yes. Is it ironically less comfortable than my Armordillo Concealment Lux (which is also dated compared to newer, better designs) for carrying with a WML, which is a much bigger package (giggity) to stuff in my pants and hide and wear all day? Also yes.

The INCOG was marketed as an AIWB holster, but being one of the first, it didn't really have the benefit of experience to learn what features and shapes are the best for that and like the Vedder was essentially just an adaptation of a standard IWB holster.

At the end of the day, there's lots of options from reputable brands i.e Phlster, Tenicor, LAS, T1C ,etc that are actual dedicated AIWB holsters. I'd pick any of those over a generalist IWB holster.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a JM AIWB with DCC Monoblock, it's been great. I also have a Vedder that's pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-der] [#3]
I've got 3 JM Aiwb 2.0's, 3 2.5's and a J frame Aiwb, wear one 12-15 hrs a day every day as I have for years. If you have a question, ask them, their customer service is out standing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I quit making my own holsters when I found JM Custom Kydex. Tony is good people and makes a great product. I just wish he made some AIWB holsters for wheel guns with red dots🤣.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Tony over at JM is also willing to do one off requests and odd guns.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#6]
JM Custom, Tenicor, and Henry Holsters.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Trex sidecar now has a detachable mag portion so that you can put whatever you want there, including a clip.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]
www.simplyrugged.com

Cuda, Defcon3 or Defcon 4. Depending on model they'll have two slot or three. The third allows a rear cant. Leather built so you don't need kydex to hold it open.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I’m gonna go with the JM Customs. Now I don’t know if I should get the quick clip or monoblock. Any experience or opinions from anyone who’s used them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tatsngats:
I think I’m gonna go with the JM Customs. Now I don’t know if I should get the quick clip or monoblock. Any experience or opinions from anyone who’s used them?
View Quote

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "quick clip". Are you talking about the wide plastic FOMI clip?

Either way, I've switched to DCC clips for everything, and the monoblock is great. They require a little bit of maintenance to prevent surface rust, and they will shred a belt if you don't pull them out far enough when attaching and removing the holster, but they're slim and they don't shift around once they're on. They're also less prone to breaking than plastic clips and it takes a lot (I've yet to bend one out) to bend them out far enough to permanently bend them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By spectre3:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "quick clip". Are you talking about the wide plastic FOMI clip?

Either way, I've switched to DCC clips for everything, and the monoblock is great. They require a little bit of maintenance to prevent surface rust, and they will shred a belt if you don't pull them out far enough when attaching and removing the holster, but they're slim and they don't shift around once they're on. They're also less prone to breaking than plastic clips and it takes a lot (I've yet to bend one out) to bend them out far enough to permanently bend them.
View Quote

They call it a quick on/off clip. It is plastic and looks like one wide peice. Plastic clips can be good if they’re made right.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#12]

They call it a quick on/off clip. It is plastic and looks like one wide peice. Plastic clips can be good if they’re made right.
View Quote

I know they can be. I used them for over a decade before I switched to DCC. I prefer DCC clips which is why all my off-duty/plain clothes holsters have been swapped.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bbodiford:
Trex sidecar now has a detachable mag portion so that you can put whatever you want there, including a clip.
View Quote

Yeah, but i never found that option very comfortable. It then has two clips that i never can find the right space for
between belt loops, belt buckle and pants button.

If you skip that magazin, imho, you are better of with a single clip aiwb holster then the sidecar.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-der] [#14]
If you call or email Tony with some basic questions / info such as your build, weapon, time period of carry etc, he'll give you good advise. In my number of experiences, he's always been very helpful. The right clips can make a huge difference, so can a good belt and maybe a wedge would help.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Have to agree with others here. JM custom kydex makes a damn fine holster. Just got an aiwb holster for 4 inch modell 27 revolver and the thing just disappears in that holster. I also highly recommend Phlster holsters for appendix carry. I carry a Phlster floodlight daily and it's very comfortable as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Once I drop the spare tire around the waist, I plan to try and find a leather appendix inside the waistband holster.  All of my kydex comes from JM Custom Kydex but I am trying to go back to leather as I feel it is more comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:37:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KissMethod17] [#17]
If I have a pistol they make a holster for, Tenicor is always my go-to for anything AIWB. Their IWB magazine carrier is also fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I purchased a JM Customs “The George” AIWB holster since I’m a slimmer type of guy. I’ll let you all know how it is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Got my holster a few days ago. Been wearing it around. Great holster. Easy on and off. Comfortable and less bulky than a sidecar style holster so nice when I want to go minimalist. A+ for JM customs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I EDC a Vedder light tuck AIWB. I barley notice it's there. P365x w/optic 12 round in it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Got my holster a few days ago. Been wearing it around. Great holster. Easy on and off. Comfortable and less bulky than a sidecar style holster so nice when I want to go minimalist. A+ for JM customs.
View Quote

You made a great choice.  Been carrying my G19 in mine all day as usual.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I've had my EDC Springfield XD in a StealthGear ventcore for the past couple years, and don't have any complaints about it. Admittedly, I have tried any other brands, but maybe that says something about the SG.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Tier 1 MSP
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#24]
Any recommendations for what clips to go with for tuckable, when wearing a dress shirt,  from jm for a g43. Been out of the holster game for a few years now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I recently got a Tenicore for my G19 and I have no idea why it took me this long to get one. Really nice holster. I need to get one for a G43 as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:
Any recommendations for what clips to go with for tuckable, when wearing a dress shirt,  from jm for a g43. Been out of the holster game for a few years now.
View Quote

DCC HLR clips
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I went through quite a few AIWB holsters before I found one I'm comfortable with. There really is no one size fits all with that position of carry though. I landed on a JM Custom Kydex wing claw and replaced the wedge with a mastermind pillow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#28]

DCC HLR clips
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:

DCC HLR clips

I looked at those as well as the quick clip, both are new since I quit making holsters.

I really liked the idea if the quick clip as it is behind the belt, so that I wouldn't have a black clip showing over a brown belt.

The DCC appear to be just a steel version of the old school j hook, which I used to have hand make before molded ones became a thing lol.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Most of the HLR clips clip to the pants behind a belt. Obviously they have versions that go over the belt as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I've grown to really like the latest version of the Werkz M6 holsters.

Solid retention with some ride height adjustability.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve carried my G43 in a T-Rex sidecar for a few years and it’s a great holster but I want something to carry without a spare mag just so i can reduce bulk sometimes.
I like the Look of the Vedder holsters but wanted to get some opinions/experiences of others before I bought something.
Let me know what you all recommend. Thanks!
View Quote

I just bought my third Vedder holster. The first was for a kidney carry but it just didn't seem like it was going to get comfortable. They accepted a return, no questions asked.

I replaced it with an appendix carry for my Kahr P380, Light Tuck. I really like that the pivot is adjustable. It never was really comfortable, I don't have much padding there, so I got a piece of Neoprene the had adhesive backing. That did the trick.

In November the claw and screw that holds it disappeared. I sent Vedder and email and they shipped out a new claw and screw, no charge.

I decided I wanted to carry a 9 again so I bought a Rapid Tuck to fit my Kahr PM9. The Rapid Tuck also can be adjusted for cant and comes with either premium leather or horsehide backing. I went with the horsehide which takes longer to break in but has a much better service life. Still breaking it in but it is doing good so far.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
I recently got a Tenicore for my G19 and I have no idea why it took me this long to get one. Really nice holster. I need to get one for a G43 as well.
View Quote

@jbecker what model?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I like Vedder for a slim and simple AIWB holster.  I have them for my G19 and P365XL.  With a little pillow thing and a Kore belt, I can wear it all day including 8 hours of driving.

I have a T-Rex sidecar as well, it's quite a bit thiccer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#34]
The first "good" AIWB holster I tried was a T-Rex for a Glock 19.  I'm 5'-10" x 165 pounds and found the gun would either jab into my family giblets or rib cage when seated (especially if leaning forward slightly). I think there was a combination of issues including the belt I was wearing (and the fact the "wedge" was missing from the used holster I bought to try out).

For smaller guns (Hellcat, Glock 26, P365, etc) I think its exceedingly viable. I am going to try it again with a Hellcat PRO, but want a new / complete holster this time. I will also be using my KORE Essentials track belt which is very stiff / prevents "sag".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top