Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2023 2:55:13 PM EDT
A few days ago, I picked up a beautiful LNIB Norinco Makarov Model 59 .380. This pistol is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. As it appears that it has never been fired, it will stay that way.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Genin] [#1]
That does look nice.   I'll let someone else press you for a price though.  OP is correct that it looks unfired, I wouldn't be able to keep it unfired.  If I can't shoot 'em, I'll get rid of them for something that I will shoot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Genin:
That does look nice.   I'll let someone else press you for a price though.  OP is correct that it looks unfired, I wouldn't be able to keep it unfired.  If I can't shoot 'em, I'll get rid of them for something that I will shoot.
View Quote

Thanks. I gave $500 for it. It belonged to a man who passed away several months ago and his wife was liquidating his firearms, ammo, and accessories as she had no use for them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish I had bought a butt load of East German makarovs back around 1990 when my dad had a kitchen table FFL and was ordering himself stuff like that. IIRC he bought several for approx $110.00. The East German makarovs looked as good as any commercial blued pistol produced by S&W back then.

I won’t lie, I really love makarovs, very well made, very reliable, and cheap too, spare mags for $5.00, ammo was cheap. great prices, ( back when they were sold surplus ).
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same box and pistol but in 9mm Mak. You scored! I was going to mention that it only takes a barrel change to convert it but if you aren’t planning to fire it then it doesn’t matter. The barrel change does require some specific tools though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool!

I'd shoot the crap out of it
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
have one from the 90s $100 if I remember correctly
Baikal import shoots so well I picked up a rubber grip for it, .380 also
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my Makarovs. I never see the Chinese variants for sale
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I scored a NIB example imported by a CASCO in Blowing Rock, NC a year ago along with about a dozen boxes of vintage green-box Norinco 9x18 ammo, I replaced the shitty adjustable sight with a fixed rear sight and have proceeded to put about a 1000 rounds thru it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, amazing!!! I've never seen a Chinese one
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Chinese 59 in 9mm Makarov back in 1990 in Munich, Germany.  Extra import points for the adjustable sights and IIRC had a thumb rest on left side of grip.  CZ82s and standard PMs not importable at the time.  So, bought and imported (Form 6s) the 59 and a CZ83 in 9mm Browning.  Also ATF denied my Form 6s for an early 1939 P08 and Webley Mk IV as war surplus.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a chance to buy a no-import-marked Chinese military Makarov from a Vietnam Vet a few years ago. I got the impression he brought it home undocumented. I could have had it for $600 but the guy got a little weird about the deal and backed-out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top