Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2024 8:26:29 PM EDT
I got asked if I wanted to be a beta tester.   The mount sits lower than any other mounts on the market and is made of poly.  Details of the mount can be found here,
https://www.reddit.com/r/RugerMK/s/gOjKHjiC5u
I installed the mount on my Ruger MKIV Target.  The dot is an Amazon special with shake awake and 2 MOA dot that’s roughly half the price of a Holosun 407c. It sits low enough that you can see the front sight.  Shot 350 rounds through it today and will keep shooting and see how the mount holds up.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat!
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A mount made from polymer? Sounds gross.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nate19] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
View Quote

It’s on a .22 LR pistol though.

I took my MaddMacs mount off my 22/45 and was going to go a different direction. I decided to reinstall it. I checked the torque specs, cleaned up all of the screws, etc. and attempted to reinstall it. The MaddMacs mount stripped during reinstallation. I contacted Jason over there and he told me basically to just get longer screws because only the top part of the threads on the one side of the mount were stripped. Mind you, I only had these set to torque at 10 inch/lbs. and he stated they would strip even at 25 inch/lbs. All that to say that I’m not exactly impressed with the metal mount offerings either.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#5]
I’m going to be testing one of these as well. I like my Lobos mount, but it’s just too tall for me to use easily. Will report back when I get one.  Going to try to put at least 1k through the 22/45 with it in temps under freezing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Farrow mount on my MK3...

https://farrow.tech/ruger-mk-i-ii-iii-iv-low-profile-red-dot-mount/

Like how low it is and got rid of the rear sight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: manowar669] [#7]
Cool
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Options are good. Polymer shouldn't be an issue on the 22lr MK series.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
View Quote

It could work on a 22 where the dot doesn't reciprocate. I think it's neat, and hope it works!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#10]
That’s cool. I also would like it in aluminum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top