Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2023 5:41:22 PM EDT
I just noticed the factory plastic grips on my Fort Smith PPK (not the /S model) are cracked on both sides near the grip screw hole. This seems to be more common than I'd like, so I'm now looking for a replacement set of grips. I'd buy a replacement factory set of grips, but they're either hard to find or way too pricey, especially since they seem to be quite fragile. It seems not all PPKs are made the same, so I'm looking for a set of grips made from factory plastic, aftermarket plastic or any other type of material (not 3D printed) that are as thin as the OEM grips on the current production Fort Smith PPK.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 12:10:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: myitinaw] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks, but I've bought grips from Altamont over the years and they've always been thicker than the factory grips, N.C. Ordnance only has PPK/s grips and one wraparound type that won't fit and the Nill Griffe grips look significantly thicker in every way. Again thanks for the reply, but I'm looking for something as thin as the factory plastic grips. I might just see if Walther will send or sell me a pair of the factory grips since this is a fairly recent purchase, however I'd still appreciate any replies.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW...I had the same thing happen but with a PPK/S and Walther sent me a new set of grips.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coltjeeper:
FWIW...I had the same thing happen but with a PPK/S and Walther sent me a new set of grips.
View Quote

I called them up and explained that I just bought it, didn't even shoot it and the grips are cracked. They're sending me a free pair under warranty which is good, but I'll have to make sure to barely tighten that screw so it doesn't end up the same way like it did from the factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top