Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 1:30:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AASG]
I'd seen the XD-M elite compact OSP 3.8 .45 a few times and thought it looked good. So I just stumbled across one for $350 locally (new on sale at a gun store). I would have it in my hand right now but they told me I had to purchase it online to get that price. So I came home and looked in this forum and find out it's (all XD-Ms) discontinued. It's not even listed on springfield web site.

So would it be dumb to buy a discontinued gun?
Will springfield continue to sell magazines and maybe parts and warrantee?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely loved my XD-M Elite .  I just was already invested in the whole M&P system (guns, mags, holsters, etc...)

It was accurate as a laser putting round on top of round on top of round ... ... ...

XD-M has been around a while, so I'd imagine accessories like spare mags & holsters will remain available.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had an older XD-M compact .45 for a long time. Probably 2-3,000 rounds through it. Was my daily carry for years.

Great guns for that cheap.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple 45s and they are my choice for immediate home defense
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
First question always is ''will parts be available in the future?" Whether it be OEM/factory or aftermarket, lack of replacement parts are the death knell for daily use firearms which is why long term popular firearms like the 1911 and AR15 enjoy so much popularity and others, why they may be an excellent firearm, languish.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
At the very least they made a ton of those guns try will be loading around on the malarkey for  many years to come. Also a few aftermarket lparts companies too
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AASG:
I'd seen the XD-M elite compact OSP 3.8 .45 a few times and thought it looked good. So I just stumbled across one for $350 locally (new on sale at a gun store). I would have it in my hand right now but they told me I had to purchase it online to get that price. So I came home and looked in this forum and find out it's (all XD-Ms) discontinued. It's not even listed on springfield web site.

View Quote
For tree fiddy???

you shoulda fent a long time ago.  I can't believe you're asking.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I had an xdm in 9 for while. It was a good shooter and pretty accurate. I didn't shoot it much so l sold it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#9]
FO hard on that deal, mags are available and so are parts and will continue to remain so. I wouldn't worry about warranty concerns either from two perspectives, the first they are solid guns, never had issues with any of the 7 in the house. Springfield will also fix something that's defective.

Great guns!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Sportsman's Warehouse has them new for $350
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/handguns/springfield-armory-xd-m-elite-compact-osp-45-auto-acp-38in-black-melonite-pistol-101-rounds/p/1762005
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:16:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#11]
The XDM's first generation came out around 16 years ago. The XDM Elite was an update to the previous lineup. In terms of holsters, some holsters work with both, others do not, but there are still a lot of holster options on the market. In terms of magazines, if you remove the magazine well, XDM magazines with the standard baseplates will work in the XDM Elite. Springfield still has XD-E magazines on their website, which was discontinued years ago. Only time will tell what happens with the XDM magazines though (but I would be shocked if the XDM wasn't significantly more popular than the XDE).

The warranty is something to ask Springfield, but in my experience, they have offered a limited lifetime warranty on their products and have always given me great customer service.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's where I saw it. It's in store marked at $630 and the guy told me I had to buy it online to get that price.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
First question always is ''will parts be available in the future?" Whether it be OEM/factory or aftermarket, lack of replacement parts are the death knell for daily use firearms which is why long term popular firearms like the 1911 and AR15 enjoy so much popularity and others, why they may be an excellent firearm, languish.
View Quote

That helped me make my choice. I stumbled acros this gun while looking for the RIA 3.10 (a warthog size 1911). I think I'll stick with the 1911, but I also decided the 3.10 is to proprietary, so I'll buy an officers size 1911.
I already bought a XD45 mod 2 subcompact after they were discontinued. It was another grail gun of mine before they were discontinued. It's dumb that they keep discontinuing stuff.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#14]

That helped me make my choice. I stumbled acros this gun while looking for the RIA 3.10 (a warthog size 1911). I think I'll stick with the 1911, but I also decided the 3.10 is to proprietary, so I'll buy an officers size 1911.
I already bought a XD45 mod 2 subcompact after they were discontinued. It was another grail gun of mine before they were discontinued. It's dumb that they keep discontinuing stuff.
View Quote

They still make the XD45 (non-mod 2). The original XD is very similar to the mod. 2.

In terms of the bold, Springfield obviously wants to be competitive and even though the XD was clearly very popular time moves on. The XDM Elite series is largely an improvement over the XD/XD mod. 2 series (trigger is much better) and based on the short time I've gotten to look at the Echelon (XD/XDM replacement), I'd be shocked if it isn't quite a bit better than the XDM Elite line for the most part.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:

They still make the XD45 (non-mod 2). The original XD is very similar to the mod. 2.

In terms of the bold, Springfield obviously wants to be competitive and even though the XD was clearly very popular time moves on. The XDM Elite series is largely an improvement over the XD/XD mod. 2 series (trigger is much better) and based on the short time I've gotten to look at the Echelon (XD/XDM replacement), I'd be shocked if it isn't quite a bit better than the XDM Elite line for the most part.
View Quote

Do they still make the XD45 subcompact though?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rugby3] [#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No they only make the 4" Service model which is 10 rounds and a 5" Tactical model.

XD 45 Models
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an early production xd45 service bitone that has been phenomenal.   I now shoot it suppressed regularly with a threaded aac barrel.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, OP.  I've had an XDm in .45 for a long time - great gun.  I was looking at having my slide milled - but the slide would have cost as much as the new OSP Elite .45.  

I bought one.  Seriously, you helped me out.  Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a springfield xdm threaded barrel and sent it to be shortened and threaded.

Works like a champ, accurate, and high capacity for it's size.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rugby3:

No they only make the 4" Service model which is 10 rounds and a 5" Tactical model.

XD 45 Models
View Quote

They make a 4" compact with a shorter grip frame per that link.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#21]
After waffling I went back and ordered one of these. I had an XD subcompact back in the day and loved it.  I regretted getting rid of it.  This tics all the boxes for me and the price is great.  This might get dropped in my carry rotation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

XD 45 Models

I know, though he specifically asked about sub-compact. Though the difference is only 1 round for flush fit configuration of the Mod2 version.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#23]

I know, though he specifically asked about sub-compact. Though the difference is only 1 round for flush fit configuration of the Mod2 version.
View Quote

Fair enough. I was not aware of that one until recently and wanted to throw it out there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Seriously?! WTH.

I'm a huge Glock guy but theses days carry my Hellcat and 3.8 10mm more than anything.

Damn it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Had to reply once more so I didn't have the mark of the beast in my post count.

Is this sh!t posting?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:
Seriously?! WTH.

I'm a huge Glock guy but theses days carry my Hellcat and 3.8 10mm more than anything.

Damn it.
View Quote

The Hellcat is a completely different line from the XD's, which they still make.

They still make the 10mm XDM Elites.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:
Seriously?! WTH.

Damn it.
View Quote

If the 10mm were marked down as cheap as the 9 and 45 I would def buy one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I feel jipped by Sportsmans.  I ended up ordering one last Monday.  My order sat pending all week and today they changed them to out of stock online and canceled my order.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:15:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
I feel jipped by Sportsmans.  I ended up ordering one last Monday.  My order sat pending all week and today they changed them to out of stock online and canceled my order.
View Quote

They are notorious for doing exactly this, especially during good sales.

They've done it to me twice, once on a shotgun and the second was when the Ruger SR45 pistols were being discontinued and marked down to $249.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By pctech:

They've done it to me twice, once on a shotgun and the second was when the Ruger SR45 pistols were being discontinued and marked down to $249.
View All Quotes

I tried to contact them but they wouldnt respond.  So I called and the guy blamed it on "inventory on their website is never accurate".

Fuck them, ill spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#31]

I tried to contact them but they wouldnt respond.  So I called and the guy blamed it on "inventory on their website is never accurate".

View All Quotes

That's bullshit, I've never dealt with them probably use that style of advertising to drive traffic into the store.

Check around your local pawn shops or gun stores. You may be able to find one for around $400 that way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Ask yourself why you want one, and then if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Only you can answer these questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top