Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2023 9:00:22 PM EDT
When firing the hammer doesn't always lock back.

Is this just because it's not broken in, or something to worry about?

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up one the other day and only had it at the range once. Watching friends shoot it I noticed the same thing. I was wondering if the safety is somehow getting bumped and decocking it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Try different ammo.  Have owned a lot of small 22's over the years.  All of them were ammo sensitive.  No rhyme or reason to it, no way to predict what a particular gun would like.  Buy a handful of brands and see what happens.  

In my experience the 40 grain solids generally worked better than the hollow points.  Also in my experience the small guns liked to be kept clean and well lubed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I suspect you need a load that is better at blowing the slide fully to the rear.  

Guessing of course.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The small Walther's like to have a little grease on the slide and frame rails, and on the outside of the barrel.

These also are ammo sensitive, and usually like heavier bullets and High Speed ammo.
As above, buy as many brands and types as you can find and test fire until you find a brand/type that's reliable and accurate..... then buy a LOT of that ammo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It's only got about 100 rounds through it, mostly mini mags.

I'll grease it up and try some higher velocity ammo.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent it off to the factory for warranty repair.

It's back now and running perfect.

Good job, Walther!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top