Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 7:35:59 PM EDT
Is the Ruger Mark IV the best suppressor host?
What can it do that my Glock 44 can’t?
Is there something better than I should be looking at?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I am very happy with my smith and Wesson victory. Very reliable, great trigger and sights right out of the box and compared to comparable rugers that were out at the time ( about 3 years ago) a couple hundred buck cheaper. Back then the only threaded mark IV’s were the lite models running about $500 at the time. I picked up my threaded victory for $300.

I have seen very few issues posted on the victories while tons of stuff about rugers needing tinkering to run- mag issues fail to extract feed or eject, needing to drop VQ parts in for a decent trigger or to get them to function.

A friend bought a MKIV tactical, and right off had a bunch of reliability issues. Ruger guns have gotten expensive ( remember when they were the brand of the working man not any more) and quality control has been very spotty. I really wanted one at first ( wanted to support a local business since the factory is only 20 minutes away, and pretty much everyone here knows someone that works there) but glad I went with the victory.

The traditional style guns do tend to be far more accurate than the poly frame “combat trainer” type guns.
My victory is capable enough I would have no issue shooting it at a bullseye match.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captain127:
I am very happy with my smith and Wesson victory. Very reliable, great trigger and sights right out of the box and compared to comparable rugers that were out at the time ( about 3 years ago) a couple hundred buck cheaper. Back then the only threaded mark IV’s were the lite models running about $500 at the time. I picked up my threaded victory for $300.

I have seen very few issues posted on the victories while tons of stuff about rugers needing tinkering to run- mag issues fail to extract feed or eject, needing to drop VQ parts in for a decent trigger or to get them to function.

A friend bought a MKIV tactical, and right off had a bunch of reliability issues. Ruger guns have gotten expensive ( remember when they were the brand of the working man not any more) and quality control has been very spotty. I really wanted one at first ( wanted to support a local business since the factory is only 20 minutes away, and pretty much everyone here knows someone that works there) but glad I went with the victory.

The traditional style guns do tend to be far more accurate than the poly frame “combat trainer” type guns.
My victory is capable enough I would have no issue shooting it at a bullseye match.
View Quote

My quick search is showing the victory costs more than the Ruger
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sig P322 gets my vote. Why wouldn't you want a factory threaded, 20rd, and optic ready .22 pistol?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll grab my Ruger MKIV 22/45 with Rugged Suppressor before I grab any other .22 to have some fun outside. Cycles just about anything above 900fps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine runs great and is pretty accurate. Mounted a Leupold DPP on it and use an AAC .22 can. Everybody loves shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Ruger Mark IV Target and had to send it back. Had FTF and FTE. The barrel was over clocked and the extractor was not going in the extractor cut on the barrel face. I could have fixed it by stoning the extractor to put a 1/32” bevel but decide I’d just send it back to the Arizona Ruger Factory. Contacted Ruger customer service, they sent out the return label. They let me know the received the pistol and were evaluating it. Couple days later said it was irreparable and were sending me another. Shipped it to my FFL, picked it up, easy. Ruger does stand behind their product. At least with me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a P322, TX-22 and a couple of MKIV's. I also have other 22's not suppressor ready (Buckmark, S&W 41) and IMO... yes the MKIV 22/45 is the best overall suppressor host.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chadweasel:

My quick search is showing the victory costs more than the Ruger
View Quote

At the time I got mine it wasn’t that certainly may be different now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like my Ruger 22/45 Lite. Accurate and reliable, fun to shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:23:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#10]
My P322, TX22 Competition, MKIV’s, SW Victory and Buckmark are all great suppressor hosts.  To me optic ready is important.  I just shoot my MKIV’s more due to ease of takedown and cleaning.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered a SSH 22/45. I hope it runs good for me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Autodog:
I really like my Ruger 22/45 Lite. Accurate and reliable, fun to shoot suppressed.
View Quote

This.  No more to be said.

I did shoot a buddy's P322 with my suppressor.  It worked very well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By captain127:

View Quote

This is all anecdotal evidence but I've never had issues with either of my MkIV's shooting suppressed nor my MkII.

I think you hear more about the Ruger Mk series because the Ruger Standard pistols have been produced for 75 years and the S&W is in year 8 of production. It's simply a numbers game.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

This is all anecdotal evidence but I've never had issues with either of my MkIV's shooting suppressed nor my MkII.

I think you hear more about the Ruger Mk series because the Ruger Standard pistols have been produced for 75 years and the S&W is in year 8 of production. It's simply a numbers game.
View Quote

I don’t doubt you! With probably 100x as many rugers out there, they’re ar3 bound to be more issues, simply law of averages.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#16]
The MkIV is the best one I have tried/found, albeit not the least expensive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:15:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top