Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2023 3:04:06 PM EDT
The other day I was comparing my Gen1 XDS to my Gen1 S&W Shield.  Wow, the XDS trigger was crap compared to the Shield.

What are the best aftermarket upgrades for the 1st Gen XDS?

The OEM weight is OK, I would just like less creep, less sponginess, less overtravel and a more crisp break.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody still shooting a 1st gen XDS?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tacklenut] [#2]
I upgraded my XDM with Powder river triggers. It’s been a while but I think that was the name. Great upgrade. Faster reset and lighter pull. They made different weight pulls.
Check with them.

Can’t link off my phone but they are showing XDS triggers

Showing a coupon code of 15 percent off till 12/3
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#3]
Thanks Tacklenut.

I got two Powder River Precision trigger kits with the Black Friday deal and installed them earlier in the week. It wasn't very difficult even though there aren't a lot of videos on how to detail strip the Gen1 XD-S. I found one 11 year old vid that was really good (3 parts, here , here  and here ), but the grip safety spring was very different (pre recall maybe?). I eventually found a second 6 year old video (here ) that showed how my grip safety went back together. Having a second pistol for comparison helped too. Once I did the first one, the second one was easy. I like how these guns are assembled. It's a good design.

After I finished the first pistol, I compared the PRP trigger to the OEM trigger side by side. The PRP kit is definitely an improvement. The take-up feels slightly shorter, the creep is gone, the break is crisp. It feels just as good as my 1st gen S&W Shields now (My Performance Center M2.0 Shield feels smoother, but now I actually think it's too light and like the PRP XDS trigger better). This upgrade was well worth the time and money, especially with the Black Friday deal.

I took both pistols to the range for testing, along with my S&W Shields, a CZ P-10C and CZ P-07. Both Springfields worked perfectly with no hang-ups. The XD-S with the red dot and my P-07 actually got the best groups of the day while I was zeroing them off a rest at 25 yards. I'm really impressed with the accuracy of this little pistol, and  I was even using 7rd flush fit mags.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top