Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2024 8:17:58 AM EDT
I’ve always liked it, but never actually bought one. I’m asking here because I know very little about them
What I’d like is one that was made in Maryland and one that would’ve been a military type pistol, the M9. Can anyone tell me which type of pistol would be a good representation of the early 2000s GWOT? Does this particular pistol have that flaw that I keep hearing about something about the slide cracking or slide block or something like that? Which model should I be looking for? The M9 A1? Is that correct?  Is the model F or FS the equivalent to the M9? Thanks a lot for your help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]

There's an informative 92 tree in this thread
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Was curious as well. Have an orginal APX (toblerone) and really like it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Just get a M9 commercial pistol, there are a ton of them out there. Gunbroker has plenty I’m sure!

The F is the original, then the FS is the newer updated model.

The M9 commercial is perfect and free of any issues.

The M9A1 is the M9 but with a railed frame.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]
See if you can find a 92 D

there is no de-cocking lever and looks pretty nice with the slick slide
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
You would want a commercial m9 to be a military replica, the m9a1 is the updated version with rail

Fs is basically the same gun as an m9 just slightly different markings and 3 dot sights.

F - this is the older version made that if the slide broke it could hit you in the face. The fs has a large hammer pin head added that stops the slide from leaving the frame in case of breaking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Get one that doesn’t have LAWYER VOMIT emblazoned on the side of the gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:
Just get a M9 commercial pistol, there are a ton of them out there. Gunbroker has plenty I’m sure!

The F is the original, then the FS is the newer updated model.

The M9 commercial is perfect and free of any issues.

The M9A1 is the M9 but with a railed frame.
View Quote

Yup...plain old commercial M9.  Army issued me an M9 30 years ago, I got my own commercial version a few years back.  

Get one for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you all for the informative posts. So I know now I will keep my eyes open for something that clearly states M9.  And the M9 has no know issues, unlike the F.  The M9A1 I suppose is not what I’m looking for.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:49:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I would recommend the 92FS over the M9, the 92FS has a radius cut in the back of the grip where the web of your hand fits which makes it ever so slightly more comfortable to hold.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PRYDE:
I would recommend the 92FS over the M9, the 92FS has a radius cut in the back of the grip where the web of your hand fits which makes it ever so slightly more comfortable to hold.
View Quote

This.

I've held a M9 & FS back-to-back & (for me), there's no competition.

My first FS has thousands of rds through it in USPSA, 3 Gun & Steel Plate matches. Still incredibly accurate, absolutely 100% on reliability.

However, were it me buying MY first Beretta, I think I'd look long & hard at a non-railed FS Compact. I'd still get the superior FS design but would be able to carry it much easier than the full size. The spring swap on the trigger would still work easily as well.

I've got 5-6 92's, all are FS models. One each in blued & SS Compacts as well. I carry the blued model from time to time.

Using 124gr ammo, I've found the FS models to be unbelievably accurate. The trigger-job-in-a-bag lit is well worth the investment.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Very informative posts, thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top