Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 3/28/2024 8:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman]
I want to pick the hive's mind for this. I currently only have one pistol in my collection, a Glock 19 Gen 4. I never really liked pistols that much compared to rifles but I have been shooting more and I'm starting to enjoy shooting pistols more.

I have been trying to figure out which one I want to get and I have norrowed it down between a Glock 45 or 47 MOS & a PSA Sabre Dagger. The main purpose for this pistol is to mount a RMR on it and use it for CCW & Competitions (nothing too serious). It also has to be reliable. I know Glock has it's history and I am leaning towards that way but the main thing that has stopped me from pulling the trigger on one is the price. In my AO the MOS models are still $650+
I would rather getting something cheaper and use the extra money towards ammo to train with, hence the dagger.

I saw the thread in GD about the new Sabre Daggers and they look like very good option for me. I am currently waiting to see what the MSRP will be but I believe it will be cheaper then the Glock.

What would you do if it were you?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#1]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
I want to pick the hive's mind for this. I currently only have one pistol in my collection, a Glock 19 Gen 4. I never really liked pistols that much compared to rifles but I have been shooting more and I'm starting to enjoy shooting pistols more.

I have been trying to figure out which one I want to get and I have norrowed it down between a Glock 45 or 47 MOS & a PSA Sabre Dagger. The main purpose for this pistol is to mount a RMR on it and use it for CCW & Competitions (nothing too serious). It also has to be reliable. I know Glock has its history and I am leaning towards that way but the main thing that has stopped me from pulling the trigger on one is the price. In my AO the MOS models are still $650+
I would rather getting something cheaper and use the extra money towards ammo to train with, hence the dagger.

I saw the thread in GD about the new Sabre Daggers and they look like very good option for me. I am currently waiting to see what the MSRP will be but I believe it will be cheaper then the Glock.

What would you do if it were you?
View Quote

If you plan on using it for CCW how is that not serious use? If you are planning to carry it for CCW which means it may need to save yours or someone else’s life, get a serious gun. A proven gun. Buy the Glock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#2]
CCW is the most serious use case I can think of without being in uniform

If you will only own 2 pistols after the purchase I would go with the Glock 45 so that you have 2 bulletproof handguns. If you had a pile of guns but wanted something new for grins then Id say jump on a Dagger model and have at it

With those 2 you would have a good nightstand (45/47) and CCW option (19) to cover your bases
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#3]
Sorry for the misread in the OP. I meant the competitions arent serious, CCW is

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I vote buy a case of ammo and have your G19 milled for a Holosun EPS by Battlewerx.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:00:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Sorry for the misread in the OP. I meant the competitions arent serious, CCW is

View Quote

Gotcha. Yeah I really like my Glock 45 though my Glock 45 is comped which makes it the same size as the Glock 17. I can carry it AIWB comfortably even with the X300. In stock form though the Glock 45 is a great all around gun. It can still conceal well and is a great combat sized firearm. I don’t have anything against the PSA dagger, it’s just not proven yet and there are more than a few issues with them currently that I wouldn’t carry one yet. I think PSA will get them fleshed out at some point and get their quality control dialed in and they will ultimately make a good pistol, I’m just not sure they are there yet. As the other poster wrote, if you have the money to buy both, getting the PSA might be worth it to T&E it while still having the proven self defense gun with the Glock.
Attachment Attached File

I’d also recommend looking at the Glock 19 MOS. With the Holosun SCS and a TLR7 it is a great all around package. The SCS co-witnesses with the standard height sights. It doesn’t need batteries or a mounting plate. It looks factory. I am using a TTI magwell and TTI +5 extensions to give me 20 rounds in my spare mags. This set up conceals well and can pull double duty as a CCW and HD gun. If I could only own a single pistol I’d probably choose this set up just because of how much utility it has.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:12:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#7]
Sabre Dagger is just a Gucci Dagger, so don't except anything better.  

Needlessly heavy magazine release spring.

Strikers that may break at anytime.  They've been selling a redesigned one for months, but people are still getting slides with the old one and they're still breaking (after two years of reports).

No real upgrades to quality parts.  A flat trigger, coloring, fluff.  

G45 MOS for $650 sounds silly, but it's a great gun (I'm carrying one right now).  

You could buy a Dagger S frame (G45 size) for $60-100 in one of many different colors and buy a Dagger slide (adding an OEM Glock striker) or one of any number of Gen3 G19 compatible slides that are available.  Spend the savings on quality parts to Gucci it up yourself.

Like the Gen5 look?  Remsport slides look just like them (I actually think the finish looks better).  Get the RMR cut version or get it cut for anything you choose.  

Radian Weapons Ramjet comp is a popular upgrade for the G45.  Not sure how closely the Gen5 version would match the Remsport slide however.  

https://herringtonarms.com/products/hcdg-compensator-for-psa-dagger is a very popular option for users of the PSA Dagger slide.  I'm actually thinking of getting one when they have gray in stock since their FDE color matches so well.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock.

Because PSA.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Was on the fence over the same thing earlier this week. Decided I might want to CC the pistol so that made the decision easier. Lucked into a very good deal on G45 with enough left to cover optic milling and still be happy that I got a good deal.

I really like my Dagger and it's been flawless through the first case of Blazer 115gr and two boxes of 124gr HST. But for serious CCW carry I'm going to stick with Gaston's finest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
If the only handgun I owned was a Glock 19 Gen 4 without a MRDS and I was willing to purchase a second handgun I would ...

Buy a Glock 17 Gen 5 and have it sent to Battlewerx for RMR milling, night sight installation, and DLC refinish.

When the gun came back I would mount the RMR, get a couple hundred rounds through it, and then sell the G19.4.

I'd take the money from the G19.4 and would buy a Glock 48 and have it sent to Battlewerx for RMRcc milling, night sight installation, and DLC refinish.

While it was at BW getting milled I'd order a quantity of Shield Arms 15rd mags.

When the 48 came back I would mount the RMRcc, get a couple hundred rounds through it, and then use it for my EDC.

I thought a lot about a 19 vs 48 because of the magazine compatibility between the recommended 17 and 19.  However, the slimline guns do carry much much easier than the chunky double stack Glocks.

For reference starting in 1994 I've owned, shot, and carried these models ... including MANY duplicate units ...

Glock 17 Gen 2
Glock 17 Gen 3
Glock 17 Gen 5
Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS
Glock 19 Gen 3
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS
Glock 19 Gen 5
Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS
Glock 20
Glock 20SF
Glock 20 Gen 4
Glock 21
Glock 21SF
Glock 22 Gen 3
Glock 23 Gen 3
Glock 23 Gen 5 custom milled
Glock 26 Gen 2.5
Glock 26 Gen 3
Glock 26 Gen 5
Glock 26 Gen 5 custom milled
Glock 27 Gen 3
Glock 29
Glock 30
Glock 30SF
Glock 36
Glock 37
Glock 43
Glock 48
Glock 48 MOS

I place the Gen 4 guns as the absolute worst generation.  I actually GAVE AWAY my last Glock Gen 4.  The Gen 5 guns are by far my favorite to date.  I couldn't begin to guess how many rounds I've fired through Glocks over the years but I know I've shot at least 1000 through them already this year and I was unable to go to the range for an entire month.

I have no qualms recommending ....

Glock 17 Gen 5 Custom Milled for duty, house gun, informal competition, for when the 200 man armed forces of Liechtenstein invades Minnesota in search of Dr. Pepper.
Glock 19 Gen 5 Custom Milled for general purpose use, duty, carry, and when the 100 man armed forces of Andorra invades Hawaii in search of pineapples.
Glock 48 Custom Milled for concealed carry .... and perhaps when the 58 man defense force of Kiribati invades Arkansas in search of airports filled with narcotics.

I won't buy more MOS models as I prefer the simplicity of a direct mounted / custom milled slide.  Plates are unnecessary.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if the Glock 45 MOS is eligible under Glock's Blue label program?

I read that program can save me anywhere from $75 - $100
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By shotar:

Yes it is. I think mos guns are about $475.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:11:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shotar:

Yes it is. I think mos guns are about $475.
Nice

Good memory!

$477.40 to be exact (at my local blue label dealer, GT Distributors).  

$556.00 with Ameriglo Bold sights.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:58:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I would not opt for the Dagger. Between the G45 and G47, I would choose the G47. It is still the same height as the G45 which would still make it good for CC, but it gives a little more barrel length that may come in handy for competitions.
Link Posted: Today 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock all day. I own every 9mm model and multiple copies of most of them. 19X is my favorite, but if I could only have two it would be the Gen 5 19 and 47 for the reason Shotar mentioned you’ll have 4 configurations with only two Glocks. 19, 47, 45, and 49.
Link Posted: Today 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
Glock all day. I own every 9mm model and multiple copies of most of them. 19X is my favorite, but if I could only have two it would be the Gen 5 19 and 47 for the reason Shotar mentioned you’ll have 4 configurations with only two Glocks. 19, 47, 45, and 49.
View Quote

I went this route.

G47 and G19.5.

G47 is turning into one of my favorite Glocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top