Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2023 1:21:44 PM EDT
Now that they come with a threaded barrel I'm considering picking one up.  How do they run suppressed?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine does fine
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume the plastic slide cannot be milled for an optic?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have enjoyed mine. I do wish I could swap for fiberoptic sights
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
Now that they come with a threaded barrel...
View Quote

It's about F'ing time Glock.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
I assume the plastic slide cannot be milled for an optic?
View Quote

There was a member who modified his Glock 44 to accept a Red Dot Sight.   This member is very skilled and I would not attempt mount a RDS to a Glock 44 slide.   The reports I’ve read where someone used a dove tail mount for a RDS on a Glock 44 were only reliable with quality High Velocity and a very light weight sight.

I changed my polymer Glock sights on my Glock 44 with metal Glock Tritium night sights and have not encountered any issues.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chumpmiester] [#6]
I have seen the G44 slides actually crack/break when people use a dovetail optic mount. The other main issue with adding optics is keeping the overall weight of the slide and optic as close to the same weight as a factory slide. Every tenth of an ounce matters.

While I have not ran a suppressor on my G44, I do have over 20,000 rounds fired through it without issues.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 threaded G44's, great suppressor hosts but wear eye pro. They do occasionally have some unburnt powder fly back at you.

The cheap threaded barrel ones don't come with the 1/2x28 adapter.

$338 threaded barrel fiber optic sight G44.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
No experience suppressed but I’m at over 10k through mine at this point it continues to be highly reliable, accurate, and very fun.

I’m hoping to run 5k or more through it after winter
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got a threaded barrel and popped off a few in the back yard with no issues. I shot it a bunch unsuppressed and still haven’t cleaned or lubed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#10]
No Nielsen Device required?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#11]
no its straight blow back
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GimmeLibertee] [#12]
Love mine and it’s suppressed 100% of the time with a Dead Air Mask HD. No issues.

When did they start coming with threaded barrels?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#13]
Talo has released Glock 44’s with a threaded barrel and fiber optic front sight.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/714026387/glock+44+22lr+10rd+fo+tb
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a brick or two of golden bullets threw mine with a CGS Hydra AL.  Reliable and decently accurate, but wear eye pro cause you're gonna get some unburnt powder coming back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GimmeLibertee:
Love mine and it’s suppressed 100% of the time with a Dead Air Mask HD. No issues.

When did they start coming with threaded barrels?
View Quote

Same though I wish it was more accurate

But I don't think I could part with it after prob 10,000 rounds without issue
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By triple6:

Same though I wish it was more accurate

But I don't think I could part with it after prob 10,000 rounds without issue
View Quote

Mine is as accurate as can be expected. Are you using the Glock OEM threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HunterB93:
View Quote

You can swap the sights.

I put regular day 3 dot Trijicons for a G19 on mine.

The front sight was kind of a pain as it was too small to stick my pinky in so as to get the screw started, but I got that figured a different way.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#18]
My latest G44 doesn't have a threaded barrel but my previous one did and it shot fine, it got more dirty with a suppressor on it, but it functioned fine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FDC:

You can swap the sights.

The front sight was kind of a pain as it was too small to stick my pinky in so as to get the screw started, but I got that figured a different way.
View Quote

@FDC whats the poa poi with those? I have an extra set I can throw on mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#20]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

You can swap the sights.

Seem to be a hair above POA and corrected by a six oclock sight picture.  Longest I've shot it is 15 yards at my little temp range in the woods.

Mostly Fed automatch bulk packs.

Of course it could just be me being a crappy pistol shot.  

It's been awhile since I've shot it as everything is still packed up from a move.  Need to dig it all out again and get some time in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HunterB93:
View Quote

https://sevignyperformance.com/2020/03/sights-for-the-new-glock-44/
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]

You can swap the sights.

View Quote

A standard Glock front sight tool is all you need, they’re only $10 and are plentiful.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#23]

A standard Glock front sight tool is all you need, they’re only $10 and are plentiful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You can swap the sights.

Meh, I've used this nut driver for ages:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O5ILUM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Mine is as accurate as can be expected. Are you using the Glock OEM threaded barrel?
View Quote

yes

its accurate comparatively speaking but my next rimfire is going to be a  volquartsen so I'm getting spoiled
although I'd buy a match barrel to trick out the 44
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I use the same nut driver, perfect fit for Glock front sights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked mind up yesterday and took it out this morning, only put 100 rounds through it (Aguila Super Extra 40 gr.) and did the magazine shake, no issues.
Not quite as accurate as my Ruger Target but close enough for training purposes.
Funny thing is my Ruger had two misfires with the same ammo while the Glock was flawless.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't wait for psa new g44 mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if the PSA 22 LR will use an aluminum slide like the Advantage Arms Optics ready Glock 22 LR conversion kit.   The 22 LR mag pictured with the PSA 22 LR Dagger looks like a ProMag.   PSA might be adapting the AA optics ready slide design to a Glock 44 mag.   The AA mags are single stack whereas ProMag lets the rim pivot to either side of center to increase capacity for the same length of mag body.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I wonder if the PSA 22 LR will use an aluminum slide like the Advantage Arms Optics ready Glock 22 LR conversion kit.   The 22 LR mag pictured with the PSA 22 LR Dagger looks like a ProMag.   PSA might be adapting the AA optics ready slide design to a Glock 44 mag.   The AA mags are single stack whereas ProMag lets the rim pivot to either side of center to increase capacity for the same length of mag body.
View Quote
That is a question a lot of us are asking. Will the PSA Dagger22 use G44 compatible magazines or AA compatible magazines? I have yet to see a definite answer on that.

And the OEM Glock G44 magazines are a semi-double stack just like the ProMag magazines. And that is why people were having feeding issues when the G44 was first released. You do have to pay attention to how you load the mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#30]
In PSA's own video for Shot they say it will use G44 mags and that they will be making 15rd G44 compatible mags.

I have been pretty happy with the Promags and they are inexpensive. Only wish they were easier to take apart for cleaning and being easier to load would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:19:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#31]
About the 2:09min mark
Shot Show 2024 Products **VOTE YOUR FAVORITE**
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll have to see how the Dagger 22 mags compare to the OEM G44 and ProMag mags then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#33]
It is what it is.
Crappy sights, no ability for optic but all in all its a really fun, reliable and accurate pistol to shoot.
Mine is suppressed all the time. Pic of my 11 year old rocking it yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like the PSA version will address the 44s shortcomings.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I have one I picked up late December.
Just haven't gotten around to shooting it yet.
Interesting to read the comments here, though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Just a heads up, I picked up a G44 from Bud’s near the end of last year. It was the Talo Edition threaded barrel, but did not come with the 1/2-28 thread adapter. I contacted Buds, and then Talo who said that some had been shipped out without the adapter from Glock. They helped me get in contact with Glock and they ended up sending me one.

Point being, if, for any reason, you buy the Talo Edition, that doesn’t come with an adapter, don’t go out and buy one, Glock will send you out one for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top