Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2024 3:17:02 PM EDT
I just got another GSG .22r 1911. I annexed one and never really shot it years ago…

Anyway, i plan to shoot this one and got as threaded adapter for my suppressor and a few more magazines.

I’ll play with it a while and then see what I want to change out.

I do know I want some +4 followers for the mags. Does anyone 3D print these, cheaper than they sell for at the normally retailers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried and tried to get the +4 followers to work. They just didn't. I ended up cutting the bottoms of the stock ones and that made room for an extra round in each one. Extended base plates worked but I forget who makes them it has been several years.

I don't shoot mine as much as I used to but I still enjoy it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one of these years ago that I played with quite a bit- I had several mags with +3 followers in the mags; back then, that was all that was available. Maybe the +4 are just too much?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot mine a lot love it. I did the master performance kit from ZR Tactical and it helped a ton with reliability and performance. Dawson sights. I also use Taylor tactical +2 base pads, the 3d printed stuff sucks in these mags for whatever reason. Probably should have just bought a browning 22 1911 w all the work I’ve got in but here I am. It’s super fun to shoot one of my favorites
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had one for years and it’s become a regular range companion.  I got an Osprey Micro 22 when they were blowing them out for $100 and I’ve dedicated it to the GSG.  Couple quick tips:

Replace the barrel bushing with a real one.  Mine was aluminum and it eventually broke.  That sent my recoil assembly all over the range.  I replaced mine with an older Colt collet bushing I had laying around.  Works perfectly.  Also, the recoil buffers can be purchased at the hardware store.  Just a rubber washer.  Take one with you and match it up.

Otherwise mine eats everything and is reasonably accurate.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I dunno about the 3d printed ones but all the Taylor Tactical stuff works great:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top