Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2023 9:02:24 AM EDT
Any concerns with the FN 502? I saw a video where a guy was getting some keyholing out of his.  Almost all other reviews I can find are positive.
If there are leading or keyholing issues, I don't want to invest in one, especially don't want to risk a baffle strike on my suppressor.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has to back to FN.  The trigger "broke" at around 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Any 22 rimfire barrel will key hole if the barrel gets leaded up.   Unfortunately I’ve had a couple badly leaded barrels over the years.   The two worst were both with Winchester ammo.   The last time was with plated Winchester 555 ammo and I was surprised because first time I’d ever seen that with plated bullets.   Get the lead out and the barrels shoot good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Any 22 rimfire barrel will key hole if the barrel gets leaded up.   Unfortunately I’ve had a couple badly leaded barrels over the years.   The two worst were both with Winchester ammo.   The last time was with plated Winchester 555 ammo and I was surprised because first time I’d ever seen that with plated bullets.   Get the lead out and the barrels shoot good.
View Quote

But new rimfires such as the Sig P322 and Taurus TX22 shouldn't lead or keyhole right out of the box.
I have an interest in the 502, but I'm not going to drop that kind of coin on a 22 pistol if it is having known QC issues.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine has been pretty good and is my go to rimfire pistol. My only issue is the slide release doesn't chamber a round, like it doesn't have enough momentum. I slingshot it instead with no issue.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Running mine suppressed. No issues at all through 150ish rds. No keyholing, no jams, no problems.

I hate squirrels.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#6]
It’s sucks. Slow slide. Inaccurate, dirty fast off of good ammo - SV CCI - with crap feed ramp design.

Tx22 comp is the way.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 3:01:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#7]
I've had good luck with mine. Just shot a couple hundred rounds thru it this morning.  I get occasional malfunction but it's usually ammo related.  I feed it all the cheap crap.  Today was American Eagle.  I think i had one fail to extract, one fail to eject, and two that were weak enough it didnt cycle the slide fully.  I don't expect much better with cheap rimfire ammo.  

I clean it every 500 rounds or so and it chugs along just fine.  

My Tarus TX22 is a better and more reliable gun over all I'd say.  But I'm not getting rid of the 502 either.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 10:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#8]
I love my 502, it’s been the .22 pistol I have wanted since RDS pistol came around.  Mine has been great so far, no issues at all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine has been great too, but the only problem I have had was when forcefully seating mags. The floor plate would slide off and the mag guts go all over. Really annoying.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hyperformer:
Mine has been great too, but the only problem I have had was when forcefully seating mags. The floor plate would slide off and the mag guts go all over. Really annoying.
View Quote

Just bought a 502 tactical and this happened to me. I was like WTF. I guess I'll have to be easier on mag changes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top