Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2022 1:11:47 PM EDT
Thought about buying one but wanted to hear some actual owners feedback first
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got all 3 barrels and I'm seeing 3-5" groups at 25 yards from various types of .40S&W and 9mm, I haven't shot 7.5FK or 10mm for groups yet.  So that's my biggest ding, for a CZ locking lug type barrel with a barrel bushing and an optic I expected much better accuracy.

Other than that it wants powerful ammo, it will choke with weak or medium 9mm or .40.  Mine may not represent the lot!

I think it's cool as heck despite poor accuracy from mine, I love it.  I knew what it was going in, I knew I wasn't going to shoot much 7.5FK, so I'm tolerant of whatever it does with other cartridges and am still enamored with the gun for it's oddness.  But they've risen in price since release and the barrel kits are REALLY expensive now since FK Brno US is shutting down and transferring operations to IFG.  I think it would be harder to stomach the foibles of mine if I paid current prices, but again I don't really know what kind of accuracy and reliability these things really have in the wild so mine may be a pseudolemon.  The only other significant presence is what you see from free press kit guns in videos.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely not worth the current price. If you get a deal on one it's neat but you're going to want the whole kit. Great back country gun but holster choices are slim.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:17:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3dundantC] [#3]
Well, a tragic update regarding my pistol. I took my out to shoot today and found that 5/6 of my mags have had the floorplates rust on them. No other mags in the bin they are in are rusted. And 2 of those mags have never left the house. Really disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:
Well, a tragic update regarding my pistol. I took my out to shoot today and found that 5/6 of my mags have had the floorplates rust on them. No other mags in the bin they are in are rusted. And 2 of those mags have never left the house. Really disappointed.
https://puu.sh/Jv4d9/9b1a6ff688.jpg
View Quote

I'm glad I decided against buying one of these. The FK BRNO sounds like a disappointment.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 5:57:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#5]
FK BRNO PSD is a fantastic handgun overall.  

I'm not sure what people are expecting here.  I've shot 8", 8-shot groups at 100M (standing, offhand) with 7.5 FK (F5, 95gr @ 1950 fps).  Typical groups at 50M are 4.5".  This is with an RMR, Holosun 509T x2.  

Also, my PSD is 100% reliable with 9mm.  It wasn't originally, but at this point, it cycles standard 115gr. FMJ with the recoil of .22 LR.  It's incredibly reliable with .40 S&W & 10mm.

I've never shot great groups with it, other than when using 7.5 FK.  This may be ammunition related, rather than the conversion.  

I would advise against buying one at this point, because they have a hard primer issue with 7.5 FK.  Wait until they have a US ammunition supplier.

If you only plan on firing 10mm, this is likely the best 10mm auto on the market.  Recoil is minimal, and the tungsten weight under the barrel is not snake oil, it does mitigate a substantial amount of felt recoil.  You can run the hottest 10mm on the market (Buffalo Bore / Underwood), and not feel overwhelmed.  

Keep in mind, my FK BRNO PSD was $1,600 w/ the 9mm caliber conversion kit.  I purchased the 10mm barrel later on for $285.  All in all, I'm in it for $1,900 with both caliber conversions, less than the current price with no conversion kits included.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top