Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Never really had too many issues with it. Even the much maligned rim fire stuff like golden bullets, and thunderbolts has worked (mostly) reliably in my 10-22, G44, and Ruger Mk1. But then again, almost all cheap bulk .22lr works mostly reliably. I can't really say I've noticed Remington to any better or worse than Federal,  Winchester, or other bulk.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes UMC is the worst I ever used there 22LR duds are scattered all over the range. But they may have gotten the 22LR more reliable in resent years don't see it like 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only their .22LR stuff.
View Quote

Their 22 sub sonic is dirty as fuck shooting suppressed.

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Last time I bought UMC was their .223
50 round boxes for $5/box during the walmart blowout 5 years ago.
Those were good times.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes.  Remington is weak and very dirty ammo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've always thought that Remington ammo was bottom of the barrel.  Even before Freedom group and whatever they are now...
View Quote

I avoid Norma. Someone bought the name and is selling bottom of the barrel third party ammo behind it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I avoid Norma. Someone bought the name and is selling bottom of the barrel third party ammo behind it.
View Quote

Norma is owned by RUAG - a huge European ammo manufacturer that also makes RWS, GECO and other ammo that’s generally considered fairly high quality. RUAG is now owned by Beretta who is building a new ammo plant in Georgia.

That being said, some of my .22s don’t like Norma Tac-22, but I wouldn’t call it bottom of the barrel ammo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Since Remington's ammunition plant is located just 50 miles southeast of my home, I have grown up with a preference for it. It has always seemed pretty comparable to Winchester ammo. Neither are my favorite, though.
I tend to prefer Federal or Hornaday.
So in the end, I neither seek it out nor avoid it.
During ammunition shortages, Remington has tended to be available around here, too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve avoided all things Remington for ages, even before Freedom Group.

I’m avoiding Federal now but not for quality reasons. Blackrock owns a huge portion of Federal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Last Remington ammo I purchased was over 20 yrs ago. Didn't care for it then, probably wouldn't purchase now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top