Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2024 9:44:06 PM EDT
I received these slides back today from Nameless Arms. If you are looking for someone with great prices, fast turnaround and great customer service, look no further. They did a phenomenal job and turnaround from door to door was two weeks. They even send high quality pictures of your finished slide to you so you can see the work before it arrives.

The factory sights on the CZ75 D have a lower co-witness with the 407k. I also added the CGW ultra lite kit and CZ85 trigger to this gun. It is a little beast.

The shadow 2 is a direct mount with Glock rear sight cut. Not many companies will do a direct mount on the S2. Yes! You can see a bit of the screws as it enters the slide, but it is absolutely rock solid.

Range test tomorrow….I hope.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. I need to get my P-07 slide cut.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Would love to do that with my CZ SDP!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By usncorpsman1:
I received these slides back today from Nameless Arms. If you are looking for someone with great prices, fast turnaround and great customer service, look no further. They did a phenomenal job and turnaround from door to door was two weeks. They even send high quality pictures of your finished slide to you so you can see the work before it arrives.

The factory sights on the CZ75 D have a lower co-witness with the 407k. I also added the CGW ultra lite kit and CZ85 trigger to this gun. It is a little beast.

The shadow 2 is a direct mount with Glock rear sight cut. Not many companies will do a direct mount on the S2. Yes! You can see a bit of the screws as it enters the slide, but it is absolutely rock solid.

https://i.postimg.cc/6pmVB6dd/IMG-1176.jpg  

https://i.postimg.cc/QMKQCLbv/IMG-1177.jpg  

https://i.postimg.cc/QtLpW6YC/IMG-1178.jpg  

https://i.postimg.cc/P5xzGv8X/IMG-1179.jpg  
View Quote

Exposed screws, no recoil bosses, and nothing shielding the optic from a hit from the side such as a plate that matches the width of the optic?

I’m not saying it can’t be done.  I’m questioning whether it should.  It may work great, but I’d have a real hard time being comfortable with it.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Exposed screws, no recoil bosses, and nothing shielding the optic from a hit from the side such as a plate that matches the width of the optic?

I’m not saying it can’t be done.  I’m questioning whether it should.  It may work great, but I’d have a real hard time being comfortable with it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/6pmVB6dd/IMG-1176.jpg  

https://i.postimg.cc/QMKQCLbv/IMG-1177.jpg  

https://i.postimg.cc/QtLpW6YC/IMG-1178.jpg  

https://i.postimg.cc/P5xzGv8X/IMG-1179.jpg  

There is a recoil boss on the left side and the screws are a stronger 6-32. There are also millions of glocks with Trijicon RMR’S  and Holosuns that are wider than the slide and do not have plates to protect the optic. The new Trijicon RCR even uses exposed threads on the side of the optic that you can see going into your slide. Anything unconventional is going to be scrutinized.

This is a range gun for me, so I am comfortable with the cut and mounting. After 24 years in the military I learned everything that looks pretty may not always work. It may not be aesthetically pleasing to some, but if if runs and does what I want it to do, it is a win in my book.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#5]

There is a recoil boss on the left side and the screws are a stronger 6-32. There are also millions of glocks with Trijicon RMR’S  and Holosuns that are wider than the slide and do not have plates to protect the optic. The new Trijicon RCR even uses exposed threads on the side of the optic that you can see going into your slide. Anything unconventional is going to be scrutinized.

This is a range gun for me, so I am comfortable with the cut and mounting. After 24 years in the military I learned everything that looks pretty may not always work. It may not be aesthetically pleasing to some, but if if runs and does what I want it to do, it is a win in my book.
View Quote

Sounds good!  It looks good enough, no issues there.  My only concern would be that the only lateral support was coming directly and solely from the screws, but since there is at least one recoil boss, that would help absorb some of the force and keep it away from the screws.

I saw another poster had the same cut, so I assume this has been vetted and tested.  That gun is begging for an optic!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Um what?  Im not an engineer, but I would think you’d be losing strength with every little bit that’s exposed.  Why didnt you buy an optics-ready S2?

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TROB:
Um what?  Im not an engineer, but I would think you’d be losing strength with every little bit that’s exposed.  Why didnt you buy an optics-ready S2?

https://i.imgur.com/GXftVeG.png
View Quote

Wow! I would be pissed if I paid for trash like that!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fastluck13:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fastluck13:

Unconventional…yes. Trash No. I spent 24 years in our military so that you can have the right to say whatever you want and not be afraid.

You’re Welocome
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve been looking into cz cuts. Some warrant a optics plate and then your optic sits on that. I think this is one of those cases. Sucks cause it doesn’t sit as low.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 3:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#11]

Unconventional…yes. Trash No. I spent 24 years in our military so that you can have the right to say whatever you want and not be afraid.

You’re Welocome
View Quote

so, no one can ever disagree with you, or say what they would prefer?  got it.

his comment was a little harsh.  But I guarantee you most people would not be too happy with exposed threads
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]Originally Posted By TROB

his comment was a little harsh.  But I guarantee you most people would not be too happy with exposed threads[/quote

I can care less if anyone disagrees with me or say what they prefer. We are all entitled to our opinions and this is a free country. If this same cut was done by Cajun Gun Works or CZ Customs, it would be considered groundbreaking by the fanboys.  Nameless is recommended for optics cuts in almost every thread asking where to send their slide for a cut. Now their work is trash because they choose to do a cut a different way. That is BS. They are such a class act that they give you their competitors website for a cut if you do not want their cut.  I am happy with the work, the way the optic is mounted is  solid and the gun shoots well. Anyone here is free to spend their money however they would like. Get what you want and don’t look back..
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]Originally Posted By TROB

his comment was a little harsh.  But I guarantee you most people would not be too happy with exposed threads[/quote

I can care less if anyone disagrees with me or say what they prefer. We are all entitled to our opinions and this is a free country. If this same cut was done by Cajun Gun Works or CZ Customs, it would be considered groundbreaking by the fanboys.  Nameless is recommended for optics cuts in almost every thread asking where to send their slide for a cut. Now their work is trash because they choose to do a cut a different way. That is BS. They are such a class act that they give you their competitors website for a cut if you do not want their cut.  I am happy with the work, the way the optic is mounted is  solid and the gun shoots well. Anyone here is free to spend their money however they would like. Get what you want and don’t look back..
View Quote

But don’t question it.

TYFYS.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#14]

View Quote

A couple points,
A. Some people like their sights lower than factory cut allows.
B. I’ve read on one of the optics milling guy’s website (can’t remember which one) that some thread exposure is  inevitable because not all S2s have slide serrations cut in exactly the same spot.
C. I bought my S2 before factory optics cut was an option.
My slide was cut by CGW for an SRO that was sent with the slide and you can see some threads.
Attachment Attached File

I’m not vouching for Nameless, as I’ve only heard of that company in one other place.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#15]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

A couple points,
B. I’ve read on one of the optics milling guy’s website (can’t remember which one) that some thread exposure is  inevitable because not all S2s have slide serrations cut in exactly the same spot.
My slide was cut by CGW for an SRO that was sent with the slide and you can see some threads.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/62312246737__305D867F-7F95-427A-B0EB-FD3-3157887.JPG

I’m not vouching for Nameless, as I’ve only heard of that company in one other place.
View Quote

I guess as long as the pocket is tight as can be.

I’m still questioning if either of the cuts seen here have recoil bosses.  I couldn’t find any pictures of the actual cut on nameless’ website.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine has a recoil boss on the left side. There is not enough room for one on the right with the narrow slide.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#17]

I’m still questioning if either of the cuts seen here have recoil bosses.  I couldn’t find any pictures of the actual cut on nameless’ website.
View All Quotes

A couple points,
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/62312246737__305D867F-7F95-427A-B0EB-FD3-3157887.JPG

I’m not sure. I sent the SRO in with the slide and they measured, cut, and mounted the SRO all at Cajun Gun Works.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Stonebridge - pic on their site for the Shadow 2 also shows a minor bit of threads for a direct mount.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Primary Machine, no exposed threads, and both recoil lugs.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Primary Arms does great work in my opinion.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:39:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: criley] [#21]
Just got my fifth slide back from Nameless today as a matter of fact.  My other cuts were on Glock slides and I installed suppressor sights after I got the slides back.  The cut is very tight - the optic "snaps” in to the cut.  My CZ was suppressor ready from the factory so I won't pull this one off just yet, but it is probably snap in tight, too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:27:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#22]

A couple points,

View Quote

I wasn’t saying Nameless did a poor job.  I’ve used him before and he does good work.  
I definitely wouldn’t like having the threads exposed. If that was the only option, I would have simply not cut it, or I would have bought the OR version.  Mainly because it would bother me every time I looked at it.  I wonder if the OR version would be a better candidate to recut it for a direct mount, like you mentioned.  The amount the OP lost in resale value is probably similar to the extra amount it costs to get into an OR version and be ahead in the end.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I clarified my post above.  When I originally said “sights” I didn’t mean iron sights but rather the optic.  When the cut is so tight that the optic snaps in like it does the precise fit mitigates recoil effect on the optic.  I think recoil lugs aren’t that important in that situation - unlike a factory generic cut that is made for multiple brands.  But I’m no expert.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GBOOT99:
Nice. I need to get my P-07 slide cut.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#25]
they did my archon. no complaints
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#26]

I'm not saying it can't be done.  I'm questioning whether it should.  It may work great, but I'd have a real hard time being comfortable with it.

View Quote
What is going on with that slide line up at the muzzle on that D?  Looks like hell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
What is going on with that slide line up at the muzzle on that D?  Looks like hell.
View Quote

LOL…….They all look like that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#28]
My old eyes forced me to go red dot optics. This is from primary arms. They refinished the slide, I can’t holster it agan

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
They refinished the slide, I can’t holster it agan
View Quote

Why not?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Too pretty
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Primary arms or Primary Machine?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#32]
My mistake. I got them confused. Primary machine did the milling, great job.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:29:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#33]
I'm an avid follower of his Facebook page as I love seeing what he's working on, plus he's willing to do cuts on handguns you may not think of for custom work (S&W SD, Taurus , Stoeger, Kahr, Archon/Arsenal).  

He has posted the threads will be visible.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Current photos

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Older photos

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:34:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Plus he has a sense of humor

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top