Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2023 4:13:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwm1150]
Started looking at them recently. I see they are made by Umarex I guess licensed by Beretta.  Anyone have one? Are they quality and work well?

Thanks

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they are quality and work well. I constantly recommend them to others.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one for a short while. It performed ok, but I guess I'm just not a  DA/SA Beretta 92 kind of guy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#3]
No experience with them but I’m kind of over the Umarex .22s. I’d like to grab a 71 or 87 for my .22 Beretta wants/needs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
All I can say is I really want!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Yes they are quality and work well. I constantly recommend them to others.
View Quote

Good to know found a few on gunbroker in the $350 to $400 range. Might get one soon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I sure wish there was a red dot option
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I own one. Hands down my favorite.22 pistol. It’s ran 100% through probably 2,000 rounds of .22. It’s accurate as hell. I can pop clay pigeons all day from 25-50 yards.

Umarex sometimes gets a bad wrap, and I used to have a Umarex/Colt 1911 .22 that would FTF pretty often. Not this Beretta. Not once. I love it. Last .22 of mine I’d ever sell.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Fishin6061:
I sure wish there was a red dot option
View Quote

EGW sells a dovetail RDS plate. I don't know if the .22 rear sight dovetail is the same as the regular 92s but it may be an option.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Beretta  22 conversions kit about 20 years ago.  I have used it as a training tool for both myself and for new shooters.  

I have shot tens of thousands of round through it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:53:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hobs98] [#10]
Waited till beretta had a sale on there website and then bought a conversion kit and 10 mags from them at 40% off. Its been great so far, only complaint is the decocker is stiff to decock. Easy to safe and off safe with the hammer down.

Just found a picture of my receipt. 387 out the door for the kit and 11 total mags.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one.
Runs great with quality ammo. The cruddy bulk stuff not so much.
Not super accurate but good enough for general .22lr plinking.
It’s the same size as a 92 so smaller hands will have issues.
Recently, spare magazines have been unobtainium. Maybe that has improved?
Fixed sights. Wish it had adjustables.
Overall I like mine and would buy another.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HellifIknow:
I have one.
Runs great with quality ammo. The cruddy bulk stuff not so much.
Not super accurate but good enough for general .22lr plinking.
It’s the same size as a 92 so smaller hands will have issues.
Recently, spare magazines have been unobtainium. Maybe that has improved?
Fixed sights. Wish it had adjustables.
Overall I like mine and would buy another.
View Quote

Was not aware of the magazine availability issue. If I end up getting one I would want at least 4 mags.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I've owned mine for about 2 years.  I'm quite happy with it.  
My preferred ammunition is Remington Golden Hollow Point bulk pack.*    It runs perfectly!
Other brands of ammo feed and function just fine too.
In 2 years, I only had one ammo failure and that was a brand new CCI Stinger that refused to fire after multiple attempts (rotating the rim around too).

I'd will gladly recommend this Beretta / Umarex pistol!  
At times, I have carried it as my CCW as I have that much faith in it.  

* I appreciate all those who talk smack about RGHP ammo.  It leaves more on the shelf for me to buy.  All my .22 guns love it!

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had the Beretta M9A1-22 for a few years. Pretty reliable, more so than most other 22s I've shot. Feels like an M9 but lighter ('cause, 22). The P322 has larger mags but mushier trigger. The Beretta isn't the most accurate 22 I've ever shot but good enough. I've certainly never regretted the purchase so if you like the overall size and feel it's a good choice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had the Beretta M9 Umarex for just over two years now.  

It is a bit big in the grip area, so really small hands may find it a bit difficult to shoot.

I just picked up 2 more 15 rd magazines a few weeks ago.  The magazines are very easy to load.

It is a very nice shooter.  Comes apart quite easy for cleaning.  

Mine will shoot just about any high velocity .22 ammo, but it doesn't like standard velocity stuff.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one, and have used it for handgun qualification fire.
Performed flawlessly (range officer commented that I scored extremely well).
Despite the grip size, my young grandson can operate it reliably, too.
I recommend it, especially as an alternate to drill with your 9mm Beretta.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:
Waited till beretta had a sale on there website and then bought a conversion kit and 10 mags from them at 40% off. Its been great so far, only complaint is the decocker is stiff to decock. Easy to safe and off safe with the hammer down.

Just found a picture of my receipt. 387 out the door for the kit and 11 total mags.
View Quote

You got ripped off..........................    
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By USPguy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USPguy:
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

Not seeing how, but whatever. Kits on sale now for $266 mags are $24.50 with 30% off. 266+245= 511
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks just went there for the kit plus the 15rnd unpacked mags were $19.50 EA for spares.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Just picked one up from PSA for $275 out the door after rebate.

Looking forward to shooting it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't taken it to the range yet, but the manual safety is very hard to manipulate.  Maybe it will become easier with some break-in.

I needed to clean up the front sight a little. There was some polymer or something covering the white dot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#22]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:04:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#23]
Originally Posted By shotar:
I'm going to buy one next week.  My son left me the Serpa tactical holster he carried in AFG.  He recently passed away and I thought it would be a good range gun and using his holster would be a good way to remember the good times we shared. I have no need for another 9mm duty sized pistol, but this .22 would fit the bill nicely. I guess I need the non railed version as I care more about the holster than the rail.
View Quote

I have nothing to add but just came across this @shotar . So sorry to hear about your son's passing. Sounds like you raised a man of character .
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Can the OEM Beretta "G" kit conversion fit the .22lr?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top