Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2024 2:28:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SandWMandP15Tee]
Just picked up a new one, as in unfired I won on GB. Noticed the plastic guide rod, ordered a steel one for it. Barrel is threaded, supposedly 1/2 by 28. Tried a suppressor I had for my Glock 17 and it won't thread on. What I'm I not seeing ? Is the Beretta barrel a different thread pitch ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a G17 with a factory threaded barrel. It's metric and reverse thread.

Don't remember off the top of my head and not home right now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KissMethod17] [#2]
I believe the 92A1 threaded barrel uses a Metric 14X1RH thread pitch and not 1/2X28.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta 92a1 was available in both 14x1 RH and 1/2x28 (suppressor ready model).  They have different SCU numbers so it’s easy to check.  1/2x28 had an o-ring on the barrel and not inside the thread protector.  Also, if you can remove the barrel from the slide with the thread protector still on that should be the 1/2x28 version.

I have run into a pistons from one manufacturer that were poorly threaded and would go on Glock 1/2x28 barrels but  not on Beretta and barely on a 1911.  A brand swap fixed that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SandWMandP15Tee] [#4]
I put the barrels up against each other the 14x1 is thicker than the 1/2x28 so I could have sent it off to a reputable machinist and had it rethreaded. I opted to just order another barrel in 1/2 x 28.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top