BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 7/14/2020 4:45:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
Arex Delta Striker Fired 9mm Pistol Review

NEW Rex Delta Pistol: A Great Carry Gun?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, sorry
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Very light and thin, low bore-axis, and comfortable to shoot if you can use the small or large backstraps. The medium is a bit blocky. The grip texture is about as aggressive as the M&P 2.0, just in a different way.

Now that Global Ordnance is the importer, I'm much happier than with FIME. They weren't very good about communication with the end-user, and GO is excellent

Picked mine up for $389 shipped, with a coupon, so it's probably the most well built polymer striker-fired compact on the market right now.

Coming from an open hater of Glocks, it is nice to see additional options in that category.

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:47:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#3]
After some careful consideration and watching a lot of reviews I ordered one (K-Var) along with some extra mags both from Atlantic Firearms as well as K-Var.

As far as night sights so far the only "made for this gun" NS I have found are from Suarez International. You can buy the set ($129 ouch) or you can buy just the front or the rear. If the front is the same height as the factory sight I'd be interested.

@ark_lite

Which one of the four back straps is attached to the pistol by default?

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
I can tell you that at this very moment some Slovenian love is on its way to my ARFCOM member-owned FFL from K-Var . Yes, I bit on one.

Mags are a little tricky to find in stock esp. the 15-round. I was able to snag the very last one from Atlantic Firearms. K-var has the 17-rd only.

As far as night sights so far the only "made for this gun" NS I have found are from Suarez Internationsl. You can buy the set ($129 ouch) or you can buy just the front or the rear. If the front is the same height as the factory sight I'd be interested.

@ark_lite

Which one of the four backstraps is attached to the pistol by default?

View Quote

@ThePontificator

Medium is the default. The edges are a bit sharp, but you could sand them down a bit.

I hope you enjoy it! I certainly do!
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:27:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#5]
This guy makes holsters specifically for this pistol:

AREX ARMS REX DELTA - First Shots & First Impressions
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up "just because" and as cheap truck gun.  I've only been able to shoot it once, but I like it so far.  I just hope some night sights become readily available.  I did read somewhere XD sights might work, but I don't have access to an XD to give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#7]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
I picked one up "just because" and as cheap truck gun.  I've only been able to shoot it once, but I like it so far.  I just hope some night sights become readily available.  I did read somewhere XD sights might work, but I don't have access to an XD to give it a try.
View Quote

XDM sights to be exact although I have no idea if there is a difference in dovetails between the XD and XDM models. Of course, if Arex and their importer says "XDM" they are likely claiming this for a reason.

Picked up my Delta this morning. Nice pistol overall but not really loving the trigger. The take-up is noticeably gritty and you can feel spring tension then releasing the trigger. If the trigger is pulled quickly (with purpose) it's not too bad but when staging it the grittiness/drag is very noticeable. It's the firing pin/striker safety/spring being compressed. Whether or not it works itself out after several hundred rounds remains to be seen. Not a huge deal. It's a self-defense gun not a match pistol. Inside surfaces of slide are as clean and slick as a whistle. NO tool marks.

For now I'm leaving the medium backstrap on but might move to the small one. Yeah, I'm feeling that digging into the heel of my palm.

This pistol is billed as being the result of engineers incorporating the best features of striker-fired tupperware and removing the worst features. Uhhh, OK. But it's still a pretty cool pistol I'm looking forward to a range wringing.

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up my second one.... when I find something works well for me, I like multiples. Another great performer and choice for us.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 5:01:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#9]
Been looking for a .pdf version of the owner's manual. Contacted Arex to see if one exists and if I can get one I'll post a link so others may download it.

Hopefully Hurricane Izzy-Ass will pass by today so I can get range time on Tuesday morning.

More mags supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#10]
Detail disassembly/assembly video. Unfortunately it's in Slovenian (no English subtitles) but it looks easy enough to follow:

(supposedly this firearm's striker assembly has marine spring cups)

Note that the extractor and firing pin safety plunger and spring cannot be readily removed from the slide. The plunger and spring are held in place by the extractor arm.

Desmontagem Arex Rex Delta - disassembly
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:03:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#11]
Range time.

Shot 50 rds of reloaded 9mm (.5cc dipper Power Pistol 115gr FMJ COAL 1.150")

No feed or extraction issues. Perfecto.

Pistol is extremely accurate. It's a tack-driver but damn does that trigger SUCK.

OK, maybe "SUCK" is an exaggeration but it's definitely not what I hoped it would be.

I did swap out the default medium backstrap for the small one. Much better.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Arex provides owner's manuals in .pdf for all the firearms they sell to the civilian market.

Pick your poison...

https://www.arex-store.si/manuals-download
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I received word from Arex customer support guy, Nejc (don't ask me how that's pronounced) that they are currently designing and will soon be offering aluminum magazine base plates for the Delta mags.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Just out of curiosity have any of you used a sharpie to black out the red "dot" on the end of the striker indicator?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Rainier Arms is currently offering the Arex Delta for $399.00 with free shipping. You have to pay sales tax, though.

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#16]
$379 shipped today - found coupon in EE.

NEW Shipment AREX Pistols and mags in stock! Used Coupon Code AREXAUG for $20.00 off all in stock AREX pistols.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By erazor55:
$379 shipped today - found coupon in EE.

NEW Shipment AREX Pistols and mags in stock! Used Coupon Code AREXAUG for $20.00 off all in stock AREX pistols.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/NEW-AREX-Delta-9mm-379-00-Shipped-after-coupon/88-2031216/

DK Firearms in VA. Website sez shipping is free.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#18]
FYI my second purchase from these guys. Bought online in the morning, shows shipped that afternoon.  Tracking says it’ll arrive Saturday.

Very good service.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By erazor55:
FYI my second purchase from these guys. Bought online in the morning, shows shipped that afternoon.  Tracking says it’ll arrive Saturday.

Very good service.
View Quote

@erazor55

and?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually arrived yesterday.  Purchase Tuesday morning, ships Tuesday afternoon, Virginia to Houston by Friday.  Take it to the range in the next couple of days!
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Thank you for the heads up.

I just bought one of these yesterday morning, and it shipped out yesterday afternoon!  According to tracking, should be at the FFL on Thursday.

Amazing reviews online for this handgun, particularly comparing very favorably in relation to the Glock 19.  Seems very well built for a great price.  Not that easy to find another striker fire polymer pistol of this size without paying over MSRP.

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Took it to the range yesterday.  Shot great, FMJ and HST.

Fit's OK in a Raven Concealment Perun Glock 19 holster.

Moving into the concealed carry rotation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I should have a set of TRUGLO tritium PRO sights for the XD/XDM in hand tomorrow, and will give them a try on the Delta,
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I can more or less confirm the XDM sights fit the Rex Delta, "sort of".

The rear sight wasn't a problem, the factory sight came right off, and the TruGlo rear went right on.  The front sight was a little more problematic.  I've changed a bunch of sights, and never seen this happen before.  Using a pusher, with hand pressure on the wheel only, the front sight post snapped off the dovetail, before it moved.  The TruGlo front was really loose in the slide dovetail, so I ended up peening the bottom of the sight dovetail a little.  It seems tight now, but I'll probably red lock tight it in when I get them zeroed.  The factory front also had a big punch mark on the bottom, I'm guessing to tighten it up as well.

These sights are taller than the factory sights, so we'll see how the zero works out.

Link Posted: 9/15/2020 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
These sights are taller than the factory sights, so we'll see how the zero works out.

https://i.imgur.com/7zxCGtp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Igz10rn.jpg
View Quote

Shouldn't be a problem if the sight height is the same front-to-back ratio; that is to say, if the sights are in proportional height to the originals.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#26]
The magazine works fine, locks the slide back and all.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#27]
I just played around with one of these at KF Armory in Alpharetta GA (could be John Wick's personal gun store).

Before going into my thoughts on the Delta, let me inform you that I own most of the "Top 10" polymer 9's so I have a pretty good feel for ergos, triggers, muzzle flip, etc.

Ergos were excellent. I have XL hands and I could get three fingers on the grip. I'm also a lefty and I loved the full ambi mag release and slide stop. Trigger was smooth with a crisp break and short reset. It was as good as on my P-10C/PPQ but not as good as my Canik TP9SF (yeah, I said it... The TP9SF with a Cajun Gun Works reduced power striker plunger spring is probably the best trigger in poly-land). Mags Included were 15 and 15 w/+2 base plate. Metal sights are appreciated (especially with the rear blacked out). Bonus feature... It takes CZ P-10 mags!!! Field strip is a bit odd as the slide basically lifts straight up when disassembly. Slide has perfectly cut serrations front and rear and there is a loaded chamber indicator on the top (like w/ Canik) and well as a cocked striker red dot indicator on the back plate. Pistol frame has outstanding traction pads for your thumbs as well. Only reason I didn't purchase was b/c I didn't know anything about the barrel and  "1st Gen teething issues". I'm watching video reviews now and if they are positive, I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Questions for the hive:

- Anyone know what the barrel specs are?
- Anyone have theirs cut for an optic and if so, who did the work?
- Does it work in G19 holsters?

P.S.

Canik and ARex are really taking it to the established players in the poly pistol world!

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Only reason I didn't purchase was b/c I didn't know anything about the barrel and  "1st Gen teething issues". I'm watching video reviews now and if they are positive, I'll pick one up tomorrow.

View Quote

Have no idea what "teething issues" are.

Arex pistol barrels are cold hammer forged.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I keep my eyes open for one of these, but all everybody has are those damn Zeros, which are of "zero" interest to me, and the Alpha, which ditto.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#30]

Have no idea what "teething issues" are.

Arex pistol barrels are cold hammer forged.
View Quote

Teething issues are when the P365 was dragging the striker pin across primers and Sig was making multiple revisions of the striker assembly without telling anybody... Or how the mag release sucked on the first P-10Cs. Many guns have them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Teething issues are when the P365 was dragging the striker pin across primers and Sig was making multiple revisions of the striker assembly without telling anybody... Or how the mag release sucked on the first P-10Cs. Many guns have them.
View Quote

OK, you're talking about "Primer Drag", a phenomenon that tends to be found in subcompact pistols such as the P365, M&P Shield, baby Glocks, etc.

I didn't notice any drag marks on the primers from cases shot through the Delta. The Delta is obviously not a subcompact or micro-compact handgun.

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

We didn't get Gen 1. These have been out in Europe for a couple of years before they came to the US. Some changes were made before that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#33]

OK, you're talking about "Primer Drag", a phenomenon that tends to be found in subcompact pistols such as the P365, M&P Shield, baby Glocks, etc.

I didn't notice any drag marks on the primers from cases shot through the Delta. The Delta is obviously not a subcompact or micro-compact handgun.

View Quote

The P365 was an example of a teething issue. My hesitation in buying the Delta was that I had no knowledge of the pistol and was worried that there might be a Delta teething issue.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

We didn't get Gen 1. These have been out in Europe for a couple of years before they came to the US. Some changes were made before that.
View Quote

Good info!

I'm excited to be adding one of these to my collection!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Good info!

I'm excited to be adding one of these to my collection!
View Quote

I picked mine up yesterday; I have a couple hundred rounds through it. The trigger has improved, though it was good initially. It's pretty accurate; I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#36]
After (finally) buying a couple of gen 5 Glocks and learning how everything works and how easy they are to fully dissasemble, I started taking metal polish and a Dremmel with one of those small cone shaped felt pads to all metal on metal contact points. I've learned that with very little effort, you can take the grit out of just about any poly9 trigger. You'll still have OEM take up, break, over travel and reset, but once everything is smooth, I find alot of what I think I don't like, ends up being something I can live with.

That said, if you polish a TP9SF or P-10C trigger, you're going to end up with something better than any $200 Glock trigger.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#37]
ARex master race checking in.

Brand new. I chose an unopened unit from the middle of the stockpile.  I can see why people say the trigger feels terrible. I'm guessing trigger improves vastly with manipulation as every floor model I've ever tried felt smooth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Brand new. I chose an unopened unit from the middle of the stockpile.  I can see why people say the trigger feels terrible. I'm guessing trigger improves vastly with manipulation as every floor model I've ever tried felt smooth.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201023_195915024_jpg-1650286.JPG
View Quote

It improves pretty quickly. Work it while you watch TV or something; cleans up pretty well. That plasticy drag feeling smooths right out.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201023_195915024_jpg-1650286.JPG
View Quote

Mine's a G0 series; I wonder how far apart that makes them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#40]

It improves pretty quickly. Work it while you watch TV or something; cleans up pretty well. That plasticy drag feeling smooths right out.

View Quote

I broke it down, thoroughly cleaned and de-greased, then drowned in FireClean and racked it about 500 times. I like to "mate" all metal-to-metal contact points and then flush out the mixture of FireClean and whatever is produced during the slide-to-frame rails "get to know each other" process.

I then drowned the gun in a FireClean again and started manipulating metal-to-metal components like the striker sleeve assembly, striker pin block plunger, trigger, internal mag release and sear components. I then flushed out all FireClean and drowned the pistol in FireClean again. At this point I rack the slide and dry fire X1000 reps.

I'm in the middle of then rack and dry fire stage right now. Whole pistol is smoothing out immensely!

The above methodology may raise some eyebrows around here but I have found that putting in this type of work before the first range session results in getting straight to the real feel of the gun much sooner and at a far lower round count. I'm usually dialed in on what the gun is truly going to be by round 100-150. Going off of what I can currently tell, the Delta is going to be a winner!

It is the embodiment of a full-sized duty type pistol in the absolute smallest possible dimensions and weight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#41]

I broke it down, thoroughly cleaned and de-greased, then drowned in FireClean and racked it about 500 times. I like to "mate" all metal-to-metal contact points and then flush out the mixture of FireClean and whatever is produced during the slide-to-frame rails "get to know each other" process.

I then drowned the gun in a FireClean again and started manipulating metal-to-metal components like the striker sleeve assembly, striker pin block plunger, trigger, internal mag release and sear components. I then flushed out all FireClean and drowned the pistol in FireClean again. At this point I rack the slide and dry fire X1000 reps.

I'm in the middle of then rack and dry fire stage right now. Whole pistol is smoothing out immensely!

The above methodology may raise some eyebrows around here but I have found that putting in this type of work before the first range session results in getting straight to the real feel of the gun much sooner and at a far lower round count. I'm usually dialed in on what the gun is truly going to be by round 100-150. Going off of what I can currently tell, the Delta is going to be a winner!

It is the embodiment of a full-sized duty type pistol in the absolute smallest possible dimensions and weight.
View Quote

I just use cheap oil or Mobil 1, but I do the same. I'd rather break it in for free than waste a bunch of ammo polishing in the gun.
It also gets me familiar with the pistol; I throw in a bunch of mag changes too. No ammo is in the room.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:13:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#42]
Range report:

I put about 200 rounds down the pipe at 7 yards w/ the primary focus being 5 shot groups.

Notes:

- The gun is easily as accurate as the shooter.
- No failures of any kind.
- Slide release (on an inserted empty mag) was stiff at the beginning of the range session but was completely smooth and easy to actuate by the last mags (Slide release was always GTG on a full mag).
- Trigger take up was fully smoothed out by the time I got to the range.
- Initial pull is a bit heavier than on most of my other poly 9's
- Well defined wall with a carrot like break.
- Very short tactile and audible reset.
- The gun shoots amazingly when you ride the reset while shooting fast strings.
- Recoil is snappier when compared to a VP9, G45, P-10C and TP9SF (the only comparable guns I brought along).
- Backstrap (whatever size is included out-of-the-box) hurt/annoyed the cup of my XL hand when shooting with a two handed death grip. I saw a similar report during the MAC YouTube review. I may need to go up a size and test again.
- "Accelerator cut" for the thumb rest works well and provides an excellent index point.
- Slide serrations kinda suck. You have grab exactly along the center horizontal axis of the slide or you risk your grip slipping off the slide.
- Sights are meh, but sights are a very personal thing.
- Undercut on the grip under the trigger guard is awesome. You really need to take a few minutes and compare it in person to other similarly sized pistols. I get a full three fingers on it w/ no problem (again, I have XL hands that don't fit on a Glock 19).
- Trigger drop safety "dingus" sits completely flat inside the trigger face when actuated (This is noteworthy as it is widely reported that the dingus protruding when activated is painfull/annoying on certain Glock models).
- Loaded chamber indicator on top of slide works better than the ones on the extractors on Glocks. No bullet = 100% flush with slide. Bullet = visual and tactile indicator.
- Striker charged indicator on backplate protrudes outside of backplate as trigger is pulled. This could be viewed as an "Easter Egg" safety feature for those of you who thumb the backplate while holstering. If you feel a poke on your thumb, you know something has caught the trigger on the way into the holster. This could prevent an AD for a CCW used with loose cover garments.
- Mag is full ambi all the time. That said, it still feels too stiff. I had to change my grip a couple of times in order to gain the leverage necessary to drop the mag. I've heard this lossens up with use so I'll refrain from calling this an issue for now.
- Milling cuts on slide stop/release are well thought out/engineered. I didn't fully appreciate them until I was emptying mags at the range. They bite well and the parts designed to bite are in an optimal (high) location.
- Pistol fit in multiple Glock 19 holsters with full "Kydex click in" and "turn it upside down and shake it" retention.
- Fully assembled pistol falls on the tighter side of slide-to-frame fit. Hardly any clank or wiggle.
- Barrel fits inside of slide more precisely than on most poly 9's. Tolerances feel tighter.
- This pistol w/mag is 2 oz. lighter than a Glock 19 w/mag.
- Accessory rail is fully in spec and anything that fits on my G45, fits on the Delta.
- Recoil spring assembly has a steel guide rod.
- Barrel is CHF.
- Take down tabs on frame protrude a little further vs. a Glock which make field stripping easier.

Sorry for the lengthy post. That's it for now...

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Range report:

I put about 200 rounds down the pipe at 7 yards w/ the primary focus being 5 shot groups.

Notes:
- Backstrap (whatever size is included out-of-the-box) hurt/annoyed the cup of my XL hand when shooting with a two handed death grip. I saw a similar report during the MAC YouTube review. I may need to go up a size and test again.

View Quote

Five minutes with a small file and some fine sandpaper makes the grip and backstrap feel amazing.
Texture is very personal as well; they make it harsh so we can smooth it as we wish. Lots easier than making it smooth and costing money to stipple it.
That's something CZ did right with the P10C.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Good write-up; I concur on all the points except for the holsters; I don't have any G19 ones to try.
My trigger is at 5.5 lbs; but breaks like a 1911, no joke. Snapping an icicle.

Range report:

Notes:

- The gun is easily as accurate as the shooter.
- No failures of any kind.
- Slide release (on an inserted empty mag) was stiff at the beginning of the range session but was completely smooth and easy to actuate by the last mags (Slide release was always GTG on a full mag).
- Trigger take up was fully smoothed out by the time I got to the range.
- Initial pull is a bit heavier than on most of my other poly 9's
- Well defined wall with a carrot like break.
- Very short tactile and audible reset.
- The gun shoots amazingly when you ride the reset while shooting fast strings.
- Recoil is snappier when compared to a VP9, G45, P-10C and TP9SF (the only comparable guns I brought along).
- "Accelerator cut" for the thumb rest works well and provides an excellent index point.
- Slide serrations kinda suck. You have grab exactly along the center horizontal axis of the slide or you risk your grip slipping off the slide.
- Sights are meh, but sights are a very personal thing.
- Undercut on the grip under the trigger guard is awesome. You really need to take a few minutes and compare it in person, to other similarly sized pistols. I get a full three fingers on it w/ no problem (again, I have XL hands that don't fit on a Glock 19).
- Trigger drop safety "dingus" sits completely flat inside the trigger face when actuated (This is noteworthy as it is widely reported that the dingus protruding when activated is a widely reported Glock Issue).
- Loaded chamber indicator on top of slide works better than the ones on the extractors on Glocks. No bullet = 100% flush with slide. Bullet = visual and tactile indicator.
- Striker charged indicator on backplate protrudes outside of backplate as trigger is pulled. This could be viewed as an "Easter Egg" safety feature for those of you who thumb the backplate while holstering. If you feel a poke on your thumb, you know something has caught the trigger on the way into the holster. This could prevent an AD for a CCW used with loose cover garments.
- Mag is full ambi all the time. That said, it still feels too stiff. I had to change my grip a couple of times in order to gain the leverage necessary to drop the mag. I've heard this lossens up with use so I'll refrain from calling this an issue for now.
- Milling cuts on slide stop/release are well thought out/engineered. I didn't fully appreciate them until I was emptying mags at the range. They bite well and the parts designed to bite are in an optimal (high) location.
- Pistol fit in multiple Glock 19 holsters with full "Kydex click in" and "turn it upside down and shake it" retention.
- Fully assembled pistol falls on the tighter side of slide-to-frame fit. Hardly any clank or wiggle.
- Barrel fits inside of slide more precisely than on most poly 9's. Tolerances feel tighter.
- This pistol w/mag is 2 oz. lighter than a Glock 19 w/mag.
- Accessory rail is fully in spec and anything that fits on my G45, fits on the Delta.
- Recoil spring assembly has a steel guide rod.
- Barrel is CHF.
- Take down tabs on frame protrude a little further vs. a Glock which make field stripping easier.

Sorry for the lengthy post. That's it for now...

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Five minutes with a small file and some fine sandpaper makes the grip and backstrap feel amazing.
Texture is very personal as well; they make it harsh so we can smooth it as we wish. Lots easier than making it smooth and costing money to stipple it.
That's something CZ did right with the P10C.
View Quote

It wasn't the texture that hurt, I think it was the angles on the backstrap. I'll try a different one and if that doesn't work, I'll break out a file and round them off. I actually like the grip texture.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Just wanted to give my $0.02, from the perspective of a VERY novice shooter.  Went to the range a few times as a kid with my dad, and a couple of times shooting only long guns with my father in law.

I went to the range last week with my new Arex Delta and M&P 2.0 compact.

I started out with the M&P.  FEELS like a bigger and heavier gun than the Arex.  Went through 2 magazines initially, shooting from 7 yards.  All of the headshots were within the head, and all of the center mass shots were at least within the 7 ring.  Felt fine, but really nothing to compare it with.  Did feel very comfortable in my hands even after fairly quickly going through 2 magazines.

Next came the Delta. From the first shot, felt very comfortable and accurate.  Each of the first 5 shots was hugging the bullseye from 7 yards. For whatever reason, I was shooting this WAY more accurately than the M&P.  Finished going through 2 magazines.  My overall distribution was noticeably tighter with the Delta than the M&P.  Even after 2 magazines, I noticed pain in my right hand (right handed shooter), coming from the backstrap.  I don't believe it is from the texture, though.  Seems to be something with the shape.  I wonder if I should try a different backstrap. I'd be interested in others' experience if they give this a shot.

Kept shooting each gun for a total of an hour.  One time, the slide didn't lock after the final shot with the M&P.   MAYBE riding the slide release a bit??  No other malfunctions.

Anyways, I really like both guns.  I was surprised at my improved accuracy with the Delta.  I'm interested to see if that stays the same upon repeated range visits.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 4:40:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#47]
The Delta has the makings of a solid G19 alternative. I just finished my 2nd range session and it has been 100%. It is amazing how far up on the frame you can get and how flat it is capable of shooting when you do. There is something special about it's form factor. It is 99.5% the same size as the G19 but for some reason, it feels smaller in the hand and when carrying in AIWB. Also, I just learned a couple of things about the gun:

1. The reason the take up feels heavier than on any other striker fired poly is b/c racking the slide only 1/2 cocks the striker. When you are pulling though take up, you are also taking the striker pre-load from 50 to 100%. Not sure how it is done but I imagine there is a cam type mechanism involved.

2. You don't have to pull the trigger in order to take off the slide. If you pull the slide back 1/8" and pull the takedown tabs down, you can then just push the slide forward. Please note that doing so trips the sear and sends a 1/2 cocked striker down the striker sleeve. Not sure if this is enough to fire off a primer but I don't want to be the one who finds out.

My only current issue with the pistol is that the angular backstraps are still causing pressure points on the cup of my shooting hand. It pokes hard enough that I believe it would cause something akin to a stone bruise if I were to shoot a few hundred rounds in a short session. Even though I have XL hands (the Medium backstrap fit me fine but still caused the pressure point), I chose to go to the Small due to the fact that I could easily reach the mag release without breaking my grip. I was worried that if I went up in sizes, the (very small) mag release button would be more difficult to manipulate. I know taking a file to the S or M backstraps would 100% take care of the issue but I am going to make one more attempt using the Large backstrap before making any permanent modifications.

My hand issue aside, the only remaining things I'd be interested in are:

1. Reduced power striker spring? 1 lb. less on the trigger would be optimal (to me).

2. Optics cut is feasible?

- Loaded chamber indication may be in the way if I want a rear sight dovetail behind a RMR.

- There is a fairly deep channel milled into the underside of the top of the slide.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I'd like to know what dillweed thought it would be a good idea to have that (completely unnecessary) angular transition happen right in the palm of your hand.   Seems like it might be a good candidate for a re-shape and stipple job.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#49]

2. You don't have to pull the trigger in order to take off the slide. If you pull the slide back 1/8" and pull the takedown tabs down, you can then just push the slide forward. Please note that doing so trips the sear and sends a 1/2 cocked striker down the striker sleeve. Not sure if this is enough to fire off a primer but I don't want to be the one who finds out.
View Quote

Nothing beats the empirical method.
I primed a case, chambered it and took it apart. Not a mark on the primer.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Nothing beats the empirical method.
I primed a case, chambered it and took it apart. Not a mark on the primer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35784/delta_primer_jpg-1655358.JPG
View Quote

I'm not high speed enough to be performing surgery on buletz.

Any way you could do a short video? Maybe just show the case with primer installed. Load into magazine, load magazine into racked pistol, drop slide using slide release and proceed to take off slide w/out pulling trigger. Finally field strip slide and show primer with no marks on primer pocket. I'm guessing it would be a 15-20 video.

I'm betting it would go "mini-viral" as the popularity of the Delta grows.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top