Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2023 1:33:50 AM EDT
I've heard good things about the G9 10mm 145 grain round but I wondered if anyone here has tried it out.
Any experiences to share?  Anyone here shot it at all?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've heard good things about the G9 10mm 145 grain round but I wondered if anyone here has tried it out.
View Quote
 never heard of it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 never heard of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 never heard of it.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/g9-woodsman-10mm-review/
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting bullet
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll stick with hard cast but I get why people like these solid copper bullets and think it's reasonable.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
 never heard of it.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/g9-woodsman-10mm-review/

I've never heard of this projectile, but there seems to be a good amount of snake-oil in that article- complete with temporary cavity being attributed to permanent cavity. This is something that doesn't happen with handgun bullets.

I also question the use of a 145 grain bullet to harvest an elk at 35 yards. It worked obviously, but so would a 147 grain 9mm hardcast with that same shot placement, doesn't make it smart. What velocity was that 145 grain copper bullet doing at 35 yards, 1,200 fps with a pretty low sectional density? Oooofffffffff...

Not a lot of room for error.

Link Posted: 12/10/2023 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I've recently seen some online videos of them and they look intriguing, maybe not as a primary self defense ammo due to the heavy penetration, but for hunting ir certain other applications maybe. I like the looks of the G9 "External Hollow Point" as well. I've ordered several Clear Ballistics gel blocks and I've been stockpiling different types of ammo that I'm planning to go test in early January as the rest of my family will be out of town visiting my wife's family for extended holidays while I have to come back for work. So I'll have a lot of spare time in the evenings and weekends to go do all that. If I can find the G9 ammo in stock online somewhere I'll definitely include those and try to post results here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top