Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2024 6:43:26 PM EDT
I was looking at Springfield's website and it appears that most 9mm XDM Elite's are no longer available... https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series-handguns/xd-m-elite-handguns/

They still have the 10mm variants and the CA compliant 9mm on their website though.

I really like the XD series too, but I guess time moves on.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Does that mean I have a collectors item worth more $?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The Echelon is the replacement for the XD
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:16:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kenndogg:
The Echelon is the replacement for the XD
View Quote

I understand that. I'm just a bit surprised how quickly they discontinued the XDM 9 line (and discontinued the XDM 45's without an Echelon 45).
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know that they ever sold real well. They never seem to be in the conversation with the other polymer guns.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Good riddance.  Make room for the Echelon variants!
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I don't know that they ever sold real well. They never seem to be in the conversation with the other polymer guns.
View Quote

I believe that the XD was fairly popular, but I don't know about the XDM. The original XDM trigger was kind of spongy or something-- worse than the XD-- whereas the XDM Elite trigger (probably the best factory XD trigger) seemed to remedy that, but maybe that was late to the party.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
When I went to the Echelon rollout party at Mr. Guns in Plano, Texas, the Springfield rep there said that they were converting all the XDM lines to Echelon except for the 10mm XDM. The 10mm XDM line would be continued due to good sales of that model.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By glock24:
Good riddance.  Make room for the Echelon variants!
View Quote
LOL.  Yeah, I agree with this.  I have an XD9 and the XD45 with manual safety.  Shot thousands of rounds through these pistols over the past 20 years without any issues.  I never cottoned on to the newer XDs.  Acquired an Encore a few months ago.  NICE GUN.  It has XD DNA which attracted me in the first place.  NICE GUN!.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:18:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#9]
Originally Posted By astronwolf:
LOL.  Yeah, I agree with this.  I have an XD9 and the XD45 with manual safety.  Shot thousands of rounds through these pistols over the past 20 years without any issues.  I never cottoned on to the newer XDs.  Acquired an Encore a few months ago.  NICE GUN.  It has XD DNA which attracted me in the first place.  NICE GUN!.  

View Quote

I like the Hellcat better (for the most part) than the XD/XDM lines and while I haven't been able to shoot an Echelon yet the one I looked at the LGS felt absolutely amazing in my hands and I can tell that it is very likely a substantial upgrade.

In some ways, I'm a bit nostalgic about the XD line-- my first pistol was an XD-- but I'm also cognizant that eventually the support side of some of the XDM models will dry up now that they aren't being made (e.g. the compact model recoil spring assembly is only going to be available for so long).
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#10]
I have an xdm 45 that I like quite well, it's my favorite centerfire handgun suppressor host. But the trigger is pretty spongey and has a crazy long reset. I keep thinking of putting a trigger kit in it to remedy that, but I'm not sure I want to put more money into it for as little as I actually shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
I have an xdm 45 that I like quite well, it's my favorite centerfire handgun suppressor host. But the trigger is pretty spongey and has a crazy long reset. I keep thinking of putting a trigger kit in it to remedy that, but I'm not sure I want to put more money into it for as little as I actually shoot it.
View Quote

Powder River Precision is worth it. All my XD and XDm's have them in it. Also had them mill the slides on XDm9 and XDm 3.8C 45.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:

... while I haven't been able to shoot an Echelon yet the one I looked at the LGS felt absolutely amazing in my hands and I can tell that it is very likely a substantial upgrade.

View Quote
That was my first impression of the Echelon pistol that came home with me.  Was my favorite until the SA-35 that came home with me.  

I still carry my XD9, and like you it was my first pistol (2004).

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#13]
Originally Posted By Rugby3:

Powder River Precision is worth it. All my XD and XDm's have them in it. Also had them mill the slides on XDm9 and XDm 3.8C 45.
View Quote

Good info, hadn't heard of them. If I go so far as a trigger upgrade, I'm also having it milled. Thanks for posting @Rugby3.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Good info, hadn't heard of them. If I go so far as a trigger upgrade, I'm also having it milled. Thanks for posting @Rugby3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rugby3:

@MallNinja531 Be prepared for sticker shock on the milling price. The challenge for the XD/M lines is there really are only two aftermarket Companies doing anything for them. Powder River Precision(PRP) or Springer Precision, both are excellent, I've just gone with PRP for my upgrades.

I need to work on a better group picture than this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Survey_Dude] [#15]
Not actually sure what the change is, but KY gun company has pre-order on new XD-M models?

ETA: nevermind, looks like maybe they just came across old stock based on the product number. Not sure why they have it as a pre-order item
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
Not actually sure what the change is, but KY gun company has pre-order on new XD-M models?

ETA: nevermind, looks like maybe they just came across old stock based on the product number. Not sure why they have it as a pre-order item
View Quote

Yeah, I saw that too. The email says they won't get the shipment until late March. I assume that they were trying to drum up excitement to move them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah, I saw that too. The email says they won't get the shipment until late March. I assume that they were trying to drum up excitement to move them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:

Probably had the manufacturer or a distributor reach out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Talyn] [#18]
The older XD line is still listed for CA, and other similar states, compared for the "gutted" XD-m/Elites.

XD Line

The Echelon's are nice but they're not going to take over the market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top