Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
#1 tip. Buy a gun you don't have to dress around for those times you really have to wear particular cloths. Like a suit or uniform etc. Beyond that for daily cloths, just buy a medium sized pistol that conceals well, or a very slim full sized one. I have always been able to carry one of my main two carry pistols, and in normal daily cloths honestly can carry any of the 3 I own or multiple.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on your build too.
I carry a G19g4 at my 3 o'clock or 5 o'clock with jeans and a t-shirt. same for the G26g4 in shorts depending on how hot it is.
I can carry my 1911 at 5' o'clock and don't have any issues either, A button down short sleeve and jeans and i'm GTG.

YMMV

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've never thought of a fishing shirt, that's a great idea, and like you said its dressy enough to wear every day. How does it size, pretty true or a bit big?

I wear t-shirts mainly and can conceal well, but different shirts cover differently and I have a couple of XL shirts that cover better than the 2XL I bought for better coverage
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fishing shirts work well for hotter weather as they keep you cool. They also are short or long sleeve, and depending how much you need to dress up, can look decent enough to basically wear every day. I like Bass Pro brand as they tend to be quite cheap. Also like Columbia but a bit more expensive.

I do live on a lake so fishing shirts fit in quite well. I also wear them for riding motorcycles. Keeps the sun off but breathes so well it keeps you cool.

bass pro fishing shirt

I've never thought of a fishing shirt, that's a great idea, and like you said its dressy enough to wear every day. How does it size, pretty true or a bit big?

I wear t-shirts mainly and can conceal well, but different shirts cover differently and I have a couple of XL shirts that cover better than the 2XL I bought for better coverage

Pretty true to size with the bass pro brand however they are a little looser fitting than say Columbia. The Columbia ones are of better quality and fit for me but they are also more expensive and I am smaller statured so I need more of an athletic fit to not look like a slob. 5'7 150 here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pretty true to size with the bass pro brand however they are a little looser fitting than say Columbia. The Columbia ones are of better quality and fit for me but they are also more expensive and I am smaller statured so I need more of an athletic fit to not look like a slob. 5'7 150 here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fishing shirts work well for hotter weather as they keep you cool. They also are short or long sleeve, and depending how much you need to dress up, can look decent enough to basically wear every day. I like Bass Pro brand as they tend to be quite cheap. Also like Columbia but a bit more expensive.

I do live on a lake so fishing shirts fit in quite well. I also wear them for riding motorcycles. Keeps the sun off but breathes so well it keeps you cool.

bass pro fishing shirt

It looks like I need to go and try them on, I like the way they look and that's about as dressy as I get most times anyway.

That's a great idea I like it! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with more than one gun and more than one carry rig.  H&K P2000 in MTAC IWB with some type of untucked button down (flannel, Hawaiian, plain fishing shirt) over tucked in t-shirt.  Or if I am super lazy and taking a quick trip in town a S&W shield in a desantis pocket holster.  I usually wear Carhartt pants winter or cargo shorts all summer.  The Shield is a true pocket gun for me, no problems.  6'2'', 230.  I don't pocket carry in jeans because the draw is tight and slow.  Spare mag in left pocket.  Been wearing the same leather Galco belt for a decade, everyday.  Has held up great.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Ill also throw in on the "no one gun" is best for every situation. I carry a Gen4 19 w/weaponlight usually, but I also have another 19 w/o light, and a G43 and separate mag carrier for when I wear something more fitted. Also carry a BodyGuard .380 sometimes, either in appendix or in the pocket, if I need something even more concealable.

Ive even heard of people carrying baby .22 revolvers in their swimming trunks or banded around their thigh when they literally cant carry anywhere else. Do whats comfortable, and what works the best for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I just went up about two sizes in pants for ISWB.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is an Under Armour shirt I got last winter on clearance at Dick's for $30. the pattern helps conceal.
Under Armour
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The Comp-Tac CTAC is and has been the most concealable IWB holster I have ever used....not counting things like the MIC or Raven Vanguard. I absoutly loved my CTAC holster. I need to order one for my G19 still.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd be amazed if even a quarter of the people actually carried what they claim on here. Especially the "I don't leave my house unless I have my fixed blade, folder, full size handgun, 3 spare mags, handheld flashlight, weapon light, and trauma kit" crowd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most people that claim to carry a full size 24/7 either have very permissive lifestyles ( work/live/ socialize only in environments where some printing would not result in a swat call out) or lie about always carrying and skip carry when it is hot or they are only wearing shorts and a t shirt, or really do carry a small pocket gun that they don't talk about.

I wouldn't be so quick to say all that. It really depends on the person, their style of dress and their holster setup.
This site tends to have a lot of chest beating, meaning they say one thing, then do the total opposite after they turn off the smart phone or computer. When you meet folk for real that are members, get to know them, and see things come to light.

I'd be amazed if even a quarter of the people actually carried what they claim on here. Especially the "I don't leave my house unless I have my fixed blade, folder, full size handgun, 3 spare mags, handheld flashlight, weapon light, and trauma kit" crowd.

When I'm off duty, this is my carry set up and I do carry all of this, without fail, year round

Plus phone
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
My usual dress off duty is a pullover garment of varying weight and jeans. I usually carry a G22 off duty behind the hip in a leather pancake holster or a Galco Summer Comfort IWB with one extra mag in a Glock polymer mag carrier on the weak side. My pullovers are at least one size larger than normal and patterns work better than solid colors.
When I wear a suit or tux off duty, my 4" S&W M10 round butt is worn in either a paddle holster or an old Bianchi #6 suede clip on IWB holster. Two speed strips go in an accessible pocket. The round revolver grip hides nicely and I can still shoot the service .38 pretty well, I think.
No jacket and tucked in shirt is covered by a 442-2 in a pocket holster with at least one speed strip.
5'10 and 200 lbs.
Having multiple types of handguns does make life easier in some respects...
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I'm off duty, this is my carry set up and I do carry all of this, without fail, year round
<a href="http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/psouthern1214/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150620_153752_zpsdeoby1so.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s400/psouthern1214/Mobile%20Uploads/20150620_153752_zpsdeoby1so.jpg</a>

Plus phone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most people that claim to carry a full size 24/7 either have very permissive lifestyles ( work/live/ socialize only in environments where some printing would not result in a swat call out) or lie about always carrying and skip carry when it is hot or they are only wearing shorts and a t shirt, or really do carry a small pocket gun that they don't talk about.

I wouldn't be so quick to say all that. It really depends on the person, their style of dress and their holster setup.
This site tends to have a lot of chest beating, meaning they say one thing, then do the total opposite after they turn off the smart phone or computer. When you meet folk for real that are members, get to know them, and see things come to light.

<a href="http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/psouthern1214/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150620_153752_zpsdeoby1so.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s400/psouthern1214/Mobile%20Uploads/20150620_153752_zpsdeoby1so.jpg</a>

Plus phone

What holster is that?
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My usual dress off duty is a pullover garment of varying weight and jeans. I usually carry a G22 off duty behind the hip in a leather pancake holster or a Galco Summer Comfort IWB with one extra mag in a Glock polymer mag carrier on the weak side. My pullovers are at least one size larger than normal and patterns work better than solid colors.
When I wear a suit or tux off duty, my 4" S&W M10 round butt is worn in either a paddle holster or an old Bianchi #6 suede clip on IWB holster. Two speed strips go in an accessible pocket. The round revolver grip hides nicely and I can still shoot the service .38 pretty well, I think.
No jacket and tucked in shirt is covered by a 442-2 in a pocket holster with at least one speed strip.
5'10 and 200 lbs.
Having multiple types of handguns does make life easier in some respects...
View Quote
I'm with you, I don't believe in getting that one gun to do it all, as it obviously doesn't.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What holster is that?
View Quote

Working Dog. Don't know if they're still in business or not
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:55:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What holster is that?

Thanks for quick reply! Did a little searching around and it looks like deadmanholster's is either the same person or maybe someone who worked there (they still have the same holster) will probably order one soon. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks for quick reply! Did a little searching around and it looks like deadmanholster's is either the same person or maybe someone who worked there (they still have the same holster) will probably order one soon. Thanks again!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What holster is that?

No problem. Very good product
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bass pro fishing shirt

Columbia is running a huge sale and I grabbed one. It should be here soon and I will give it a shot. O still want to try that BPS one too, never hurts to mix it up some too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#18]
My progression of carry options and dress.

I used to be an Engineer and met with clients and had to make frequent trips to City Hall and attend meetings like Planning Commissions.   I carried a Seecamp .380acp in a pocket holster.   Never was made and frequently talked to police and officials.  Wore Dockers and polo shirts, occasional button down.

Since retiring, I carried a Kahr CM9 in a Don Hume JIT OWB.   Wear shorts.Tee Shirts.  The gun really didn't print

I recently bought a few of the Colombia Fishing Shirts.   With these shirts I am currently carrying a Glock 19 and it prints but I no longer care.  The holster is  a Galco with a retention strap.  A better holster would print less.   I am Florida for the winter, so the shirt matches the the standard outer wear
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ever thought to pocket carry something else or move to IWB with that G43?

Beware of those telling you you need to only have a strong holster and a good belt, and that dressing around a gun is foolish. Those guys don't have too much critical thinking when it comes to wearing the appropriate dress for professional work clothes, or taking an actual classy woman out that doesn't mouth breathe as much as they do, and you don't want to look like street trash or like a slouch.
View Quote

I agree with this 100%

I am 5'10" and weigh about 180-190 depending on the season.  I usually fit into medium sized shirts very well but that's if I want to be "form fitting" which obviously doesn't help much with CCW.  What I've found is that large silky/synthetic golf type polos are perfect.  I still look athletic and fit but they're loose enough that I can AIWB a G19 without any printing issues whatsoever.  

I do need to order pants 2 inches larger than I actually wear but I've been doing this for a few years now and I don't even have pants in my actual size anymore lol.  If pants or jeans are a little loose (aka I'm not carrying) then just synch up another notch on the belt.  Too easy

Ohh and helpful hint:  nice moisture wicking polos don't have to be $50 each.  Walmart has very nice ones for $15.  Also ALWAYS wear a shirt underneath your cover garment.  Helps keep holster from digging into your guts and keeps swear off your gun and holster (if you use a leather one)
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree with this 100%

I am 5'10" and weigh about 180-190 depending on the season.  I usually fit into medium sized shirts very well but that's if I want to be "form fitting" which obviously doesn't help much with CCW.  What I've found is that large silky/synthetic golf type polos are perfect.  I still look athletic and fit but they're loose enough that I can AIWB a G19 without any printing issues whatsoever.  

I do need to order pants 2 inches larger than I actually wear but I've been doing this for a few years now and I don't even have pants in my actual size anymore lol.  If pants or jeans are a little loose (aka I'm not carrying) then just synch up another notch on the belt.  Too easy

Ohh and helpful hint:  nice moisture wicking polos don't have to be $50 each.  Walmart has very nice ones for $15.  Also ALWAYS wear a shirt underneath your cover garment.  Helps keep holster from digging into your guts and keeps swear off your gun and holster (if you use a leather one)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever thought to pocket carry something else or move to IWB with that G43?

Beware of those telling you you need to only have a strong holster and a good belt, and that dressing around a gun is foolish. Those guys don't have too much critical thinking when it comes to wearing the appropriate dress for professional work clothes, or taking an actual classy woman out that doesn't mouth breathe as much as they do, and you don't want to look like street trash or like a slouch.

I agree with this 100%

I do have a few of these and they do hide very well, carrying at 4:00. I got mine from Target and its nice,

I don't wear suits, khakis and a button up are my usual dress up. On the rare occasion (and by rare I mean e times in7 years rare) I do wear a suit, my carry gear still works with it. Kydex holsters seem to hide better than leather options, especially the tuckable offerings
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I carry a G19g4 at my 3 o'clock or 5 o'clock with jeans and a t-shirt. same for the G26g4 in shorts depending on how hot it is.
I can carry my 1911 at 5' o'clock and don't have any issues either, A button down short sleeve and jeans and i'm GTG.

View Quote

I got my permit this Dec and only have a G19. No issues concealing it in a Raven holster at 4 o'clock under a sweater, etc like I normally wear this time of year. But I'm going to have to find another gun for my standard summer wear of jeans and a tee. The gun would print like crazy at 4-5 o'clock simply because of my build; I'm a bit...er....muscular around the rear and all so a gun on my hip sticks out more than most. I can't do what you do.

6'1" and 185lbs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:16:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I got my permit this Dec and only have a G19. No issues concealing it in a Raven holster at 4 o'clock under a sweater, etc like I normally wear this time of year. But I'm going to have to find another gun for my standard summer wear of jeans and a tee. The gun would print like crazy at 4-5 o'clock simply because of my build; I'm a bit...er....muscular around the rear and all so a gun on my hip sticks out more than most. I can't do what you do.

6'1" and 185lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6'1" and 185lbs.

Must be the only place you're muscular
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6'1" and 185lbs.

Gotta love amateur road cycling for that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top