Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those of you who have Alien Gear holsters, how well does the kydex fit the gun?

I ordered two shells, one for a 1911 commander, the other for a G20.  Neither shell, IMO, fits the gun.  With the shells off the leather, neither are what I would consider to be good fits.  The G20 shell leaves a gap either on the slid or the trigger guard.  I've tried several different screw/spacer combinations, none of them seem to help any.

On the 1911, I would consider the fit to be a bit better, but not what I expected.  The shell is marked for a 5", but I did order for a 4.25" gun.  I think it goes in a bit too deep.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/DC19C207-4070-44B2-8625-0705F9A59827_zpsa8vmdoh0.jpg

I'm going to give it a couple more days, but after eight hours of wear and fiddling, I'm not a fan.
View Quote

Mine fits my G30 fine. I have used Galco Kingtuk, and uncle mikes kydex and I would say the alien gear fits better. I would say Fobus makes the tightest fitting kydex of anybody.
I  also think the gimmick of haveing different shells is a bad idea. The leather will create indentations to match your pistol, also you have to adjust and fine tune the tightness of the screws to each gun and as it breaks in. They are so cheap I would just order complete holsters. After my holster broke in and I had it set where I wanted it I locktited the screws.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mine fits my G30 fine. I have used Galco Kingtuk, and uncle mikes kydex and I would say the alien gear fits better. I would say Fobus makes the tightest fitting kydex of anybody.
I  also think the gimmick of haveing different shells is a bad idea. The leather will create indentations to match your pistol, also you have to adjust and fine tune the tightness of the screws to each gun and as it breaks in. They are so cheap I would just order complete holsters. After my holster broke in and I had it set where I wanted it I locktited the screws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered two shells, one for a 1911 commander, the other for a G20.  Neither shell, IMO, fits the gun.  With the shells off the leather, neither are what I would consider to be good fits.  The G20 shell leaves a gap either on the slid or the trigger guard.  I've tried several different screw/spacer combinations, none of them seem to help any.

On the 1911, I would consider the fit to be a bit better, but not what I expected.  The shell is marked for a 5", but I did order for a 4.25" gun.  I think it goes in a bit too deep.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/DC19C207-4070-44B2-8625-0705F9A59827_zpsa8vmdoh0.jpg

I'm going to give it a couple more days, but after eight hours of wear and fiddling, I'm not a fan.

I've tried about every combination of screw and spacer. The G20 just won't holster reliably. The leather is getting broken in with the 1911 and is feeling pretty good although I wish there was more retention.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used both the Crossbreed and Old Faithful holsters pretty extensively.  I like them both.

I like the OF screw together design, for the flexibility and ability to tighten it.  They are a little less expensive too.

I prefer the Crossbreed belt clips, there is a longer space between the clip and the attachment screw, it makes it smoother getting onto and off of the belt.  I have one Old Faithful holster with Crossbreed belt clips on it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've tried about every combination of screw and spacer. The G20 just won't holster reliably. The leather is getting broken in with the 1911 and is feeling pretty good although I wish there was more retention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Galco KingTuk has virtually no retention. I even contacted Galco and they said that if you are wearing it and were hung up-side-down your gun should fall out. My alien is better than that and replaced my kingtuk. Maybe you got a bad one? Maybe Aliens quality has gone down? They have a warrenty, contact them and explain your concerns, see what they say.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Old Faithful. Cheaper, just as comfortable, more adjustable. Assemble it yourself.
View Quote

The guy that makes  OLD FAITHFUL IS ALSO THE PRESIDENT OF ALIEN  GEAR
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
That Alien Gear looks pretty much identical to my Old Faithful, with the exception of the logo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Old Faithful. Cheaper, just as comfortable, more adjustable. Assemble it yourself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My Galco KingTuk has virtually no retention. I even contacted Galco and they said that if you are wearing it and were hung up-side-down your gun should fall out. My alien is better than that and replaced my kingtuk. Maybe you got a bad one? Maybe Aliens quality has gone down? They have a warrenty, contact them and explain your concerns, see what they say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If gravity alone allows your pistol to fall out of your IWB holster,you probably need to cinch down your belt a little tighter.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Cross Breed and an Alien.   The Alien is far superior IMO and cost about half as much if I remember correctly.   I can't speak for Old Faithful.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top