[#1]
that cut away photo is pretty neat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Yes.

Link Posted: 6/19/2010 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The pic of the Gen4 G19, did you see if it was the dual-recoil spring set up?

If you look at the massive rack of G19's (slide back, looking down the barrels), you'll see that they are all dual-spring equipped.
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I called Glock in Smyrna about this and was told that this rumor is NOT true. They reiterated that the Gen4 17 is designed for full power 9mm, not the underpowered 9mm target loads you find at Walmart, and as long as you stick to full power or +p 9mm, you should not have any problems. My experience with my Gen4 17 confirms this. I just don't understand why some Gen4 17's seem to work fine with everything, and others, like mine, won't run reliably with cheap target wally world ammo.

Quoted:
What was their reasoning behind this?  To make them more reliable with full power ammo?

Personally I don't want something that isn't reliable with both plinking/practice ammo and self defense ammo.

The official answer is that they attempted to have one dual-recoil spring set specification for each model.  This has worked for the 40-cal guns, but not for 9mm.  Thus, there will be two recoil spring sets for 9mm.  One for those who shoot full-power ammo, and (my opinion follows) the other set for those who shop at Wal-Mart and load for IDPA.
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

348,210 shots.  Can your 1911 (or Beretta, or S&W, or [insert brand of gun]) do that?

Yes.

Really?  I'd like to see that documented.

I'm sure that most other makes could do it, with just a few minor parts being replaced (like frames, barrels, and slides).  
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I love you.

Link Posted: 6/19/2010 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
We should tack this or integrate it into the Glock information thread. This is the best, most informative technical thread on any gun forum in years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#8]
thank you
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

348,210 shots.  Can your 1911 (or Beretta, or S&W, or [insert brand of gun]) do that?

Yes.

Really?  I'd like to see that documented.

I'm sure that most other makes could do it, with just a few minor parts being replaced (like frames, barrels, and slides).  

Beretta M9's in my armory alone have seen those rounds counts. Biggest thing I ever had to replace was a cracked locking block (take two seconds to change out) and we changed springs every six months.

Link Posted: 6/20/2010 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to ask the question after seeing this g17 shoot over 300K what was the reasoning for adding the 3rd pin in the frame for the locking block?

I wonder if the 9mm never really needed it but from a manufacturing stand point it made more sense due to the rest of the calibers needing it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have to ask the question after seeing this g17 shoot over 300K what was the reasoning for adding the 3rd pin in the frame for the locking block?

I wonder if the 9mm never really needed it but from a manufacturing stand point it made more sense due to the rest of the calibers needing it.

You've nailed it IMO. The .40 needed the 3rd pin for additional strength. For manufacturing simplicity, they just made all models 3-pin, though as you point out, the 9mms probably didn't need it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Re: fullsize, slimline .45––Probably atleast two or more years off given the 4th gen production eating up resources. However, a SHOT 2011 introduction would be rather poetic––don't you think?

GLOCK I know your PR folks are probably going to see this thread, so if I may nudge you in that direction:

BUILD A FUCKING FULL-SIZED SLIMLINE .45!!!

(Please)
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Great report Thank You
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
How did you get to go on that tour?

Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Release date in the US on the 4th gen 19?

Nice username by the way. Mr. Bond approves.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Re: fullsize, slimline .45––Probably atleast two or more years off given the 4th gen production eating up resources. However, a SHOT 2011 introduction would be rather poetic––don't you think?

GLOCK I know your PR folks are probably going to see this thread, so if I may nudge you in that direction:

BUILD A FUCKING FULL-SIZED SLIMLINE .45!!!

(Please)

THIS

PS This is an epic thread.  I've seen it linked everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Man it would be sweet if they came out with that carbine

I am also looking forward to the full size single stack 45, although a smaller single stack 9mm would be better
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#18]
whats up with the pics?They are not showning....I want to see too......
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Is that without replacing anything in the gun?
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#20]
photos fail
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
whats up with the pics?They are not showning....I want to see too......

Sorry ... but after some others took my links and spread them onto other sites (e.g., Glock Talk and SIG Forum), I had to pull the photos.  My comments are there for everyone to read, and I hope they shed some light onto the reality of things and help put to bed a lot of recent speculation.

After the way I was treated on SIG Forum, I will never do anything that benefits that place.
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sorry ... but after some others took my links and spread them onto other sites (e.g., Glock Talk and SIG Forum), I had to pull the photos.  My comments are there for everyone to read, and I hope they shed some light onto the reality of things and help put to bed a lot of recent speculation.

After the way I was treated on SIG Forum, I will never do anything that benefits that place.

Don't let a few Asshats ruin the best thread in recent history! Bring back the pics!

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I would love to see the ideas they have come up with for a carbine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#25]
tag for viewing at home.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh man, would love to see the pics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't let a few Asshats ruin the best thread in recent history! Bring back the pics!

I guess he took his ball and went home.

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

He committed suicide of the best thread ever.

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What was your sn over there? I know you are not the only one who left.
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What was your sn over there? I know you are not the only one who left.

What?

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Okay someone post the pics up again please
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#33]
What happened with the photos???
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#34]
FAIL
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What happened with the photos???

This!
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish I had come across this thread earlier. I would have loved to see the pics and had you ask about a slimline (single stack) 9mm in the compact or sub compact size frame?
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He committed suicide of the best thread ever.

He did it because some fucking moron on this site decided to post his photos all over the god damn internet without his permission.

He's also not going to be spending a lot of time around here anymore and quite frankly is the kind of guy we all could benefit a great deal from.

His experience, his service, his potential for very insightful contribuition is likely gone.

Nice work ARFCOM. Reputation still in tact.

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

He did it because some fucking moron on this site decided to post his photos all over the god damn internet without his permission.

What's the point of making a thread like this if you don't want people to see and enjoy it? You know if you post something of this quality it's going to get posted/linked all over the various gun forums.

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Damnit, missed the photos!

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

He's also not going to be spending a lot of time around here anymore and quite frankly is the kind of guy we all could benefit a great deal from.

His experience, his service, his potential for very insightful contribuition is likely gone.

Well if that got his panties in a bunch, who needs him.

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#41]
did they answer the questions?

why take the pictures down?

everyone knows you cant post something on the internet without massive amounts of people viewing it.

you took them down because of people linking to the thread? give me a break!!!! there is something rotten in Denmark guys.

im calling BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Former Special Forces?

Yeah...who needs guys like that around here?
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Former SFG member?

He may have some excellent knowledge, but if he is going to act like he is 5 years old...

I have nothing more to say without insulting and bashing the OP.  Unsubscribe.

BTW, for anyone looking for the pics, Google is your friend.

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Former Special Forces?

I agree. I do not prefer posting here anymore. There are better places to gain knowledge. If you want to have a bitching fanboy war, this is the place to go.
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#45]
lock the thread up, nothing is making sense here anymore.

what a FAIL!
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Thread is dead
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top