Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GLOCK
GLOCK
GLOCK
GLOCK
GLOCK

View Quote

FFS, you do know there is a subforum for that on arfcom and this is not it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, this is the mythical NATO testing that I was referring to.  The CZ-USA press release is quoted verbatim below.  Nowhere does CZ-USA claim any sort of NATO testing.  CZ-USA starts out talking about "NATO approval" and then launchs into the results of the Czech National Police testing.  CZ-USA's clever writing melds the two subjects, allowing the reader to come to a wrong conclusion.  I bolded two references to Czech National Police requirements in the press release.  NATO "approval" and issuing a NATO stock number allows tracking of the item in the NATO material management system - nothing more.  If you sold toothbrushes to NATO, they too would get a NATO stock number.

You inserting the words "NATO approval test" into your post does not make it so.

Your own Wikipedia reference explains that the CZ-75 design was widely copied because the design does not have the usual patent protection outside of Czechoslovakia.

CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

February 2003

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

The CZ P-01 is the culmination of several years of exhaustive design and testing. Ceska Zbrojovka has always had some of the most rigorous testing requirements in the world but, the Czech National police has required that they go even further, the testing regiment for this new pistol was the most demanding anyone has ever encountered. There are almost 20 specific requirements covering everything from accuracy to interchangability, from safety to reliability/durability and everything in between.

The pistol: The CZ P-01 is a Gen 3 pistol that began as a requirement for a lightweight compact pistol that will deliver the accuracy and durability of a full size, full weight pistol. This was no small task, several manufacturers declined to even start the project.

The first thing you notice about this pistol is the M3 light rail on the frame, a first for CZ, the alloy frame is a little wider at the top than a steel CZ 75. This adds strength and rigidity for mounting the light and increasing the accuracy and service life of the pistol. The P-01 also sports enhanced controls as well as a drop free magazine and a lanyard loop.

The pistol was required to pass a wide variety of tests:

The police required that the pistol ensure the highest level of comfort, an extended slide release was added as well as an extended magazine release and the trigger was reshaped to give a more consistent pull throughout the trigger stroke.

The pistol must be 100% reliable in extreme conditions, the following is a list of some of the minimum requirements.

Must be able to complete the following without failure:

4000 dry firings
3000 De-cockings
Operator level disassembly 1350 times with out ware or damage to components.
Complete disassembly 150 times, this is all the way down, pins, springs etc.
100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

After these tests are complete the gun must fire without service.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

Heritage:
The P-01 is based on the CZ 75, the most used pistol in the world. Over 60 countries use it as the standard side arm of their Armies, National police forces, National security agencies or other Law enforcement organizations. No other pistol can make this claim.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does your manager at McDonald's know that you're on the internet during working hours?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GLOCK
GLOCK
GLOCK
GLOCK
GLOCK

FFS, you do know there is a subforum for that on arfcom and this is not it.

Does your manager at McDonald's know that you're on the internet during working hours?

Dude, they love me here at McDs.

Its a sweet gig, all the McDoubles a man could want and they don't even charge me for the hot mustard sauce.

They keep wanting to make me assistant manager but that would cut into my internet hero time.

CZ ad copy is suspicious.

There is a careful crafting in the words choosen.

I want to see their numbers before I concede the CZ 75 is the "most used pistol" in the world.

And their NATO P01 test piece is of the same level as Mitchell's Mausers excellence ads.

You are not wrong about any of that.

Still have not seen your answer to: was this CZ 75 purchased new or used?

You picked a winner if you got both deformed trigger bow and deformed magazine in one new in the box pistol.

Or you bought a used pistol which is a generally a good bet, but occasionally you lose.

CZ 75s are a straight forward mechanism to work on, in this part time McD's employee view.

Perhaps I am not educated enough to know how hard it is supposed to be.

Otherwise you have made a great thread pointing out how a CZ 75 is not a GLOCK.

A misunderstanding absolutely no one ever had and I do suppose no one will now ever will now, because of your excellent thread.

I look forward to your future threads, certain to be titled along the lines of: Agency Arms flat trigger does not fit my CZ 75 -or- Magpul GL9 magazines do not fit my CZ 75

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a reason the 1911 & CZ design was copied and manufactured by others.......
( Its not because either is a POS and problematic )

If you have  an issue with the gun / design / caliber then buy something else but you sound like a nit wit picking nits.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a reason the 1911 & CZ design was copied and manufactured by others.......
( Its not because either is a POS and problematic )

If you have  an issue with the gun / design / caliber then buy something else but you sound like a nit wit picking nits.

View Quote

Since you've resorted to personal insults, I guess I can be a little blunt here.

You allude to this "reason" and state what it is not, but not what it is.  Are you too dumb to know the reason or are you too lazy to explain it?

I counted 10 errors (see below) in your 47 word post.  This sort of qualifies you as a functional illiterate (you might want to look this up).  By any chance, are you a recent product of the public school system?

On a more positive note.  You did spell "problematic" correctly.  Also, I believe that your comment about "picking nits" is sincere.  You're probably uncomfortable with any level of detail.

I guess my goal of presenting my CZ-75 design observations is complete.  This thread has gone on longer than I ever thought it would.  But, there are some topics, such as the mythical NATO testing, that beg for comment.   My apologies if I came across as overly critical of the CZ-75 design.  My original intent was to simply present my observations in case others might find them interesting.  I certainly never meant this to turn into a CZ versus Glock thread.    I learned several things from your responses.  As someone suggested earlier in the thread, I ordered new magazine and recoil springs and am looking forward to trying them out.

JKH62 error list

"and" instead of "&"
"......" is not a word or real punctuation
"design was" should be "designs were" because you're referring to two designs
"Its" is possessive.  Should be "it's" which is a contraction for "it is"
No spaces preceding or following a slash
Missing at least one comma in your last sentence
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#7]
We know you love your Glocks and that's fine.
At the end of the day, a Glock is a throw-away gun. It works, it's cheap and it's a good carry gun for a couple of reasons.
It's relatively light and if you have to use it, you're not out much if it gets confiscated.

This thread had a foul taste from the beginning and it's definitely run its course.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Weak trolling but entertaining none the less.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
rubicon923 I actually agree with every thing you said.

And I still don't own a single Glock.

BUT if I could choose only one pistol for ever it would be a Glock 19.

Just as if I could ONLY choose one car to drive forever it would be a Base Toyota Camry.

Thank the LORD above we have many options in cars and guns and are not forced to choose utilitarian options only.

I buy and keep CZ's for many reasons, and while they are not Glocks or similar simple striker fired gun, they are extraordinary reliable firearms and a joy in function and form.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is what all those small complicated crummy parts look like after 10k rounds without cleaning.  

This is my bullseye match gun frame and it runs 100% all the time, filthy.  I clean it every two years whether it needs it or not.  But I do use a baggie and cringe every time I have to take it apart.  This one has 33k rounds on it now.  Guess that makes me a CZ fanboy.

Joe

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is what all those small complicated crummy parts look like after 10k rounds without cleaning.  

http://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-W2DvvDH/1/M/i-W2DvvDH-M.jpg

This is my bullseye match gun frame and it runs 100% all the time, filthy.  I clean it every two years whether it needs it or not.  But I do use a baggie and cringe every time I have to take it apart.  This one has 33k rounds on it now.  Guess that makes me a CZ fanboy.

Joe

View Quote

That's a sin!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Joe

View Quote

Impressed!

As a CZ owner, I'm always interested in the high-round count behavior, and what to look for.  Aside from cleaning every 2 years, and lubrication (hopefully that's more often then every 2 years), have you ever done any other maintenance over that 33k rounds?  (Springs, small part breakages, BBL, etc?)  Also, is POI still the same, or has it shifted over that lifespan?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Joe

View Quote

A detailed cleaning is always best but an ultrasonic cleaner does amazing things for crud like that just dropped in the tank.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_75

The countries that copied the CZ design are listed on the bottom along with various users.

The CZ PO1 passed NATO certification which is far from a cake walk.so IF you deem the CZ design problematic try subjecting your preferred firearm to the same test.

Other 9mm NATO handguns that passed :

CZ-PO1
Glock 17
Glock 19
Sig 226 Used by Canada
Sig 228
Hi-Power - used by U.K., Canada
Beretta M 9 - used by U.S.
CZ 75 B

NATO approval test ~

4000 dry firings
3000 De-cockings
100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!

Reliability:
The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

Heritage:
The P-01 is based on the CZ 75, the most used pistol in the world. Over 60 countries use it as the standard side arm of their Armies, National police forces, National security agencies or other Law enforcement organizations. No other pistol can make this claim.
View Quote

I heart my CZ, but this was a Czech National Police standard, not a NATO one. It doesn't take much to get a NSN from NATO.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#16]
My P-01. Still runs too.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My P-01. Still runs too.

<a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/user/jdubya87/media/20150520_081940_zps0pehdcst.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/jdubya87/20150520_081940_zps0pehdcst.jpg</a>
View Quote

Considering the salt content, I wouldn't recommend doing that to your slide rails!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
The store I work @ has Turkish CZ 75 copies, that cock & lock, and a CZ 75 model that only decocks.  Just beginning to learn about the CZ 75 platform - are the clones parts interchangeable?  Obviously, an Italian 10mm or .45"ACP gun won't change parts w/ a CZ 75B - but will the Turkish 9x19mm guns I have exchange parts?  I try to put folks into platforms, rather than just a gun, and I'm trying to learn how interchangeable the CZ 75 platform is.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The store I work @ has Turkish CZ 75 copies, that cock & lock, and a CZ 75 model that only decocks.  Just beginning to learn about the CZ 75 platform - are the clones parts interchangeable?  Obviously, an Italian 10mm or .45"ACP gun won't change parts w/ a CZ 75B - but will the Turkish 9x19mm guns I have exchange parts?  I try to put folks into platforms, rather than just a gun, and I'm trying to learn how interchangeable the CZ 75 platform is.
View Quote

Reportedly, the mags are.  Don't know about the rest.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  The store I work @ has Turkish CZ 75 copies, that cock & lock, and a CZ 75 model that only decocks.  Just beginning to learn about the CZ 75 platform - are the clones parts interchangeable?  Obviously, an Italian 10mm or .45"ACP gun won't change parts w/ a CZ 75B - but will the Turkish 9x19mm guns I have exchange parts?  I try to put folks into platforms, rather than just a gun, and I'm trying to learn how interchangeable the CZ 75 platform is.

Are there a lot of aftermarket bbls, etc?  GF is carrying the CZ75B cocked & locked, she's much happier w/ the single action trigger over her Kahr 9x19mm.  I'd always ignored it, but realized recently how large a platform it has become.  Oddly, b/c of the decocking issue, if someone wants a CZ75, I'm more likely to recommend my Turkish copies that cock & lock rather than my decocking only CZ.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I heart my CZ, but this was a Czech National Police standard, not a NATO one. It doesn't take much to get a NSN from NATO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_75

The countries that copied the CZ design are listed on the bottom along with various users.

The CZ PO1 passed NATO certification which is far from a cake walk.so IF you deem the CZ design problematic try subjecting your preferred firearm to the same test.

Other 9mm NATO handguns that passed :

CZ-PO1
Glock 17
Glock 19
Sig 226 Used by Canada
Sig 228
Hi-Power - used by U.K., Canada
Beretta M 9 - used by U.S.
CZ 75 B

NATO approval test ~

4000 dry firings
3000 De-cockings

Safety requirements:

Drop test

Service life:

Reliability:

Heritage:

Agreed but the bigger point was the design is proven and copied by many.
Its but one battery of tests that stress the design. I am sure an HK or Glock could hang with it as well and those are pretty solid designs as well*

*unless someone deems them too complex, hard to take apart and lack of documentation available, lol.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are there a lot of aftermarket bbls, etc?  GF is carrying the CZ75B cocked & locked, she's much happier w/ the single action trigger over her Kahr 9x19mm.  I'd always ignored it, but realized recently how large a platform it has become.  Oddly, b/c of the decocking issue, if someone wants a CZ75, I'm more likely to recommend my Turkish copies that cock & lock rather than my decocking only CZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  The store I work @ has Turkish CZ 75 copies, that cock & lock, and a CZ 75 model that only decocks.  Just beginning to learn about the CZ 75 platform - are the clones parts interchangeable?  Obviously, an Italian 10mm or .45"ACP gun won't change parts w/ a CZ 75B - but will the Turkish 9x19mm guns I have exchange parts?  I try to put folks into platforms, rather than just a gun, and I'm trying to learn how interchangeable the CZ 75 platform is.

?  

The CZ75 and CZ75b are cock and lock pistols.  With decocking in DA mode possible via manually lowering the hammer.  So not sure I follow.  Sounds like you may have picked up one of the CZ-75 BD models or something.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:45:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

?  

The CZ75 and CZ75b are cock and lock pistols.  With decocking in DA mode possible via manually lowering the hammer.  So not sure I follow.  Sounds like you may have picked up one of the CZ-75 BD models or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Are there a lot of aftermarket bbls, etc?  GF is carrying the CZ75B cocked & locked, she's much happier w/ the single action trigger over her Kahr 9x19mm.  I'd always ignored it, but realized recently how large a platform it has become.  Oddly, b/c of the decocking issue, if someone wants a CZ75, I'm more likely to recommend my Turkish copies that cock & lock rather than my decocking only CZ.

?  

The CZ we have is marked CZ 75, and maybe SP 01?  It's a decocker.  The Tristars from Turkey we have are cock & lock.  Thanks for the links to CGW, but it would seem not all the parts are compatible?  A bit like Beretta 92/Taurus 92 compatibility?  Close, but by no means all?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
The best way to own and run a CZ is to not tamper with it.  Don't change out the factory parts, don't detail strip it.  Shoot it, field strip it, do a basic cleaning, and then don't mess with it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
The Turkish (Canik/TriStar) CZ 75B clones have some spring, grip and
magazine interchangeability with CZ's.  I think some of the models have
sight interchangeability too but I'm not 100% positive.  The internals aren't interchangeable and I don't think the slides/frames are either.  The Turkish guns are built great, finished great and shoot great.  My Canik was excellent.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My fiance's Canik slide works on my 75B frame perfectly. Not so much for the inverse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  The Turkish (Canik/TriStar) CZ 75B clones have some spring, grip and magazine interchangeability with CZ's.  I think some of the models have sight interchangeability too but I'm not 100% positive.  The internals aren't interchangeable and I don't think the slides/frames are either.  The Turkish guns are built great, finished great and shoot great.  My Canik was excellent.

My fiance's Canik slide works on my 75B frame perfectly. Not so much for the inverse.

Hmm.  I hate almost but not quite.  So they're a bit like .308" ARs.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, this is the mythical NATO testing that I was referring to.  The CZ-USA press release is quoted verbatim below.  Nowhere does CZ-USA claim any sort of NATO testing.  CZ-USA starts out talking about "NATO approval" and then launchs into the results of the Czech National Police testing.  CZ-USA's clever writing melds the two subjects, allowing the reader to come to a wrong conclusion.  I bolded two references to Czech National Police requirements in the press release.  NATO "approval" and issuing a NATO stock number allows tracking of the item in the NATO material management system - nothing more.  If you sold toothbrushes to NATO, they too would get a NATO stock number.

You inserting the words "NATO approval test" into your post does not make it so.

Your own Wikipedia reference explains that the CZ-75 design was widely copied because the design does not have the usual patent protection outside of Czechoslovakia.

CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols

February 2003

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

The CZ P-01 is the culmination of several years of exhaustive design and testing. Ceska Zbrojovka has always had some of the most rigorous testing requirements in the world but, the Czech National police has required that they go even further, the testing regiment for this new pistol was the most demanding anyone has ever encountered. There are almost 20 specific requirements covering everything from accuracy to interchangability, from safety to reliability/durability and everything in between.

The pistol: The CZ P-01 is a Gen 3 pistol that began as a requirement for a lightweight compact pistol that will deliver the accuracy and durability of a full size, full weight pistol. This was no small task, several manufacturers declined to even start the project.

The first thing you notice about this pistol is the M3 light rail on the frame, a first for CZ, the alloy frame is a little wider at the top than a steel CZ 75. This adds strength and rigidity for mounting the light and increasing the accuracy and service life of the pistol. The P-01 also sports enhanced controls as well as a drop free magazine and a lanyard loop.

The pistol was required to pass a wide variety of tests:

The police required that the pistol ensure the highest level of comfort, an extended slide release was added as well as an extended magazine release and the trigger was reshaped to give a more consistent pull throughout the trigger stroke.

The pistol must be 100% reliable in extreme conditions, the following is a list of some of the minimum requirements.

4000 dry firings
3000 De-cockings

Safety requirements:

Drop test

Service life:

Reliability:

Heritage:
View Quote

At least part of the problem may be the above press release from CZ-USA.  We discussed the mythical NATO testing, but there appears to be more wrong with the press release.  The press release states that the CZ-75 is "the most used pistol in the world" and that it is the standard sidearm is over 60 countries and that "no other pistol can make this claim".  I did some research on standard service pistols for military and law enforcement in countries around the world.  Of the 59 countries I found information on (listed below), the CZ-75 is the standard pistol only in the Czech Republic.  I found that the standard service pistols tend to be either manufactured in that particular country or one of a small group of popular pistols (Sig P226, H&K USP, Glock 17, Browning Hi-Power).  My guess is that if you search hard enough you can probably find a few obscure countries that use the CZ-75, but the countries on my list must account for most of the world's service pistols, so I don't see how CZ-USA's claims can be true.  Also, casts some doubt on CZ-USA's summary of the Czech National Police testing.

1.Angola
2.Argentina
3.Austria
4.Bangladesh
5.Belgium
6.Bermuda
7.Brazil
8.Cambodia
9.Canada
10.Chile
11.Croatia
12.China
13.Taiwan
14.Czech Republic
15.Denmark
16.Egypt
17.Estonia
18.Finland
19.France
20.Germany
21.Hungary
22.India
23.Iraq
24.Israel
25.Japan
26.Jordan
27.Kuwait
28.Korea (North)
29.Korea (South)
30.Lebanon
31.Libya
32.Lithuania
33.Macedonia
34.Mexico
35.Myanmar
36.Netherlands
37.Norway
38.Panama
39.Peru
40.Philipines
41.Poland
42.Portugal
43.Lebanon
44.Libya
45.Russian Federation
46.Slovakia
47.South Africa
48.Spain
49.Switzerland
50.Sweden
51.Thailand
52.Turkey
53.Tuvalu
54.UK
55.Ukraine
56.UAE
57.US
58.Vietnam

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Was there ever a point to this thread ?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Was there ever a point to this thread ?
View Quote

Rubicon923 does not like CZ and needs you to not like CZ too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Haters gonna hate hate hate.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Ya, I was thinking maybe CZ stole his girlfriend or beat him up as a child and stole his lunch money.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Hope all of you have a wonderful summer.

I hear that living in your parents' basement is not all that bad.   Sure beats living in your car.

Wish I could be more optimistic, but lots of the good jobs have left the US and aren't coming back.  Want to see your future?  Look at Greece (the southern European country, not what you cook your food in).  Somehow, I get the impression that many of you are not much at reading.  Ask one of your nice high school teachers and maybe he will explain Greece, quantitative easing, and economic meltdown.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom are your primary sources for aftermarket parts for CZ guns.  I've seen barrels, but not many.

If you want a gun to tinker with, the top three choices are 1911, Glock, and M&P.  After that, the parts availability drops off considerably, even for guns like the BHP, Sig P-Series, and Beretta 92.  That's not a bad thing, just how it is.  

And regarding the thread in general, for such a lousy gun, there are an awful lot of CZ-75 clones out there.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ya, I was thinking maybe CZ stole his girlfriend or beat him up as a child, stole his lunch money and then decocked 'im.
View Quote

Fixed.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow, saw that first post and was very confused.

I have a 75 BD and it is by far the most reliable and accurate gun I have.  Yep, it's pure Czech stock, no switched out springs, pins, etc.  I'm pretty sure the Czechs know better about how their platform works than I am.  Also, comparing the 75 to a Glock just makes no sense (in my opinion).  It's funny that the OP would be talking about the 75 like its a dinosaur, considering the numerous variants and clones that continue to be released.  Heck, I've heard that 4 or 5 more shooters at the local USPSA matches are running a 75 of some sort now.  Doesn't seem to me that it's dying off.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I own five CZ firearms and have recently been doing a lot of work on my CZ-75B to fix some problems.  As a retired mechanical engineer, I generally enjoy tinkering with things and I've probably spent around 20 hours recently working on my CZ-75B.  Below are my observations on the CZ-75B design and below that are the details on the two problems that I've been working on.

Observations

1) The CZ-75 is a "fussy" design with lots of small parts compared to, say, a Glock.  Even though the Glock was introduced not that long after the CZ-75, the Glock is a modern pistol design while the CZ-75 is an old school design.  Smith and Wesson tried to compete with Glock for years with traditional metal framed pistols and eventually gave up and went to a Glock clone (the M&P).  After working on the innards of a CZ-75, it surprises me that ANY CZ-75s are reliable, although many of them reportedly are.

2) CZ does not appear to make much effort in the maintainability of their guns.  For example, I needed to drive out the trigger pin which is sort of staked into the frame.  This took a lot of pounding on a punch.  I talked to a CZ gunsmith who told me that the trigger pins are installed at the factory using a proprietary tool which CZ does not make available outside the factory.  He also said that once the pin is removed and then reinstalled, the trigger pin is likely to eventually walk out.  The solution seems to be an aftermarket trigger pin.  Compare this to Glock pins that can be removed with only hand pressure in a few seconds.

3)  Not only does the CZ-75 contain a lot of parts, but the parts are relatively expensive.  Also, some of the parts can only be obtained through CZ-USA which (in my experience) has less-than-stellar customer service (maybe having a monopoly will do that to you).  Again, contrasting with Glock whose parts are much cheaper and readily available from several sources.

4) I've concluded that, for me, the advantages of the CZ-75 (great ergonomics and accuracy) do not outweigh the disadvantages described above.  One of the reasons I purchased the CZ-75 was that it was a traditional, metal framed, external hammer design and every year there are fewer guns like this in the marketplace.  Maybe that should have been a clue.

Details

1) One of the problems I had with my CZ-75 was sporadic failure of the trigger to reset.  I traced the problem to a slight bowing of one side of the trigger bow.  The CZ-75 has two trigger bars that are joined at the front and at the back to form a rectangle (hence the term "trigger bow" instead of "trigger bar").  The sides of trigger bow are high, but thin.  In theory, a trigger bow provides redundancy because it contains two trigger bars.  In practice, the redundancy is limited because a problem with one of the trigger bars (one side of the trigger bow) can cause problems.   This is analogous to small (piston) two engine aircraft.  In theory, one of the engines can fail and the aircraft will still fly.  The problem is that the aircraft can be difficult to fly on one engine or as pilots say, the second engine will fly you to the crash site.  This is why the accident rate of small two engine aircraft is higher than small single engine aircraft.  Back to the CZ-75.  Part of the trigger reset function is provided by a wire spring which exerts upward pressure on the trigger bow.  The legs of the spring rest in tiny grooves on the underside of the thin sides of the trigger bow.  My problem was that because one side of the trigger bow was bent, the spring leg rested between the trigger bow and the inside of the receiver and could not directly exert upward force on that side of the trigger bow so the trigger would sometimes not reset.  The bowing of the trigger bar was minor and it took me a long time peering into the gun to notice it.  When I removed the trigger bow from the gun and measured the bowing, it was only 0.003", but that was enough space to allow the spring wire to wedge between the trigger bar and the receiver.  This doesn't seem like a very fault tolerant design to me.  I fixed the problem by replacing the trigger bow.

2) Another problem I had was premature lock back of the slide (slide locking back even though there was still ammo in the magazine).  Apparently, this is a common problem with CZ-75s.  Again, I spent a lot of time peering into the inside of the gun.  The slide release lever has a notch on the bottom which is pushed upward by the magazine follower when the magazine is empty.  Pushing upward on this notch also pushes upward on the slide release lever which engages the slide and locks it back.  My problem was that if the second round in the magazine moves a bit forward (maybe 2 millimeters) the side of bullet can engage the notch as the second round rises to the top of the magazine as the first round is chambered.  I examined the notch and concluded that the notch was thick enough to remove some of it without preventing empty magazine lock back.  I filed away about a third of the notch.  This reduced the problem, but it hasn't gone away entirely because the second round can still cause premature lock back, but the round has to be forward a bit more than before.  I'm still working on this problem.  I haven't determined how much forward a "good" magazine will allow a round to move.    

View Quote

I own five Glocks, but after I threw them into a 55 gallon drum of toluene, they don't work very well.  The frames are all melted.

Must be a design flaw
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have a 75 BD and it is by far the most reliable and accurate gun I have.  Yep, it's pure Czech stock, no switched out springs, pins, etc.  I'm pretty sure the Czechs know better about how their platform works than I am.  Also, comparing the 75 to a Glock just makes no sense (in my opinion).  It's funny that the OP would be talking about the 75 like its a dinosaur, considering the numerous variants and clones that continue to be released.  Heck, I've heard that 4 or 5 more shooters at the local USPSA matches are running a 75 of some sort now.  Doesn't seem to me that it's dying off.  
View Quote

If the 75 is a dinosaur, why are people still using the ever unreliable, jam-o-matic 1911?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:  If the 75 is a dinosaur, why are people still using the ever unreliable, jam-o-matic 1911?
View Quote

More parts, can build @ home if you have a mini-mill, throws a flying ashtray of a hollowpoint, and 16" bbls are available:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/451911barrel16roto.aspx
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If the 75 is a dinosaur, why are people still using the ever unreliable, jam-o-matic 1911?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, I had that same thought but decided to not mention the 1911.  :)
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

More parts, can build @ home if you have a mini-mill, throws a flying ashtray of a hollowpoint, and 16" bbls are available:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  If the 75 is a dinosaur, why are people still using the ever unreliable, jam-o-matic 1911?

It was a joke, bud. I personally have zero use for a 1911, but I don't care if people choose to own them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I hear that living in your parents' basement is not all that bad.   Sure beats living in your car.

Wish I could be more optimistic, but lots of the good jobs have left the US and aren't coming back.  Want to see your future?  Look at Greece (the southern European country, not what you cook your food in).  Somehow, I get the impression that many of you are not much at reading.  Ask one of your nice high school teachers and maybe he will explain Greece, quantitative easing, and economic meltdown.

View Quote

What's your problem man, did some dude who owned a cz lay some major pipe on your wife/husband?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was a joke, bud. I personally have zero use for a 1911, but I don't care if people choose to own them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After I bought my first cz I swore off 1911's.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Joe

View Quote

Jesus H Joe, I can't walk across the living room floor with out stepping around at least a few things that need throwed out.  But I don't have a fire arm one that is as dirty as that.  I put 400 rounds through my 75b, malfunction free BTW, and it broke my heart to see it that dirty.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what you gonna do now that CZ makes a 1911?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what you gonna do now that CZ makes a 1911?

Well actually DW makes it and put CZ on the slide.  ;)
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#49]
My CZ's are reliable as ever.

Its proven, your observations are cool, but the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. It isn't reliable by accident or coincidence.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's this shit got to do with CZ75 and it's awesomeness in the form of SP01?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top