Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/24/2014 5:51:07 PM EDT
Does anyone (non LEO) carry two guns during their day?  I know many carry mags or speedloaders/strips, but who carries two pistols on their body during the day?  

If you do, what are the guns and how do you manage it?  I need a new belt, but I couldn't imagine carrying another glock on my waist.  I usually have a 342pd Smith .38 in my pocket but it's not often I carry the .38 in pocket and the Glock on the waist.  I've also never seriously messed around with the idea of ankle carry, I find pocket carry to be the simplest, my G26 in my Milt Sparks summer special to be the next best option.  

Sell me on two....or more, gun carry if you do.  How do you train, what belt, holster/s and so on........
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
2 is 1...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Between one pistol (Shield or 1911), extra mag, pocket knife, cell phone, wallet and E-cig... I don't have room for another gun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry two.  Kahr MK9 on my strong side OWB and a Seecamp 32 in my left pocket.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Glock 19 4 o'clock, spare mag and either a P3AT front pocket or Colt Defender appendix.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
MP9FS w/ TLR3 AIWB.  3x20rd spare mags, knife, SFP2X, 642 strong side pocket.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a 9mm/45 acp depending on mood right side 4 o'clock plus 2 mags then a 442 air weight in my left front pocket.
You get use to it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Two Hi Powers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have dual drop leg rigs like Laura Croft.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
No need to carry two guns when my edc is a serbu super shorty.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Between one pistol (Shield or 1911), extra mag, pocket knife, cell phone, wallet and E-cig... I don't have room for another gun.
View Quote

^
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I typically carry my primary gun (either a Glock, M&P, or 1911) on my strongside at 3:00, and a Ruger LCP in my support side pocket.  The LCP is so small it's hardly noticable.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I always CCW a spare gun when I Open Carry. If I'm going to an area that being in alone puts me an extra notch on edge, I'll bring a second gun.

Sometimes I carry my G27 in place of a spare mag for my G23.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm comfortable with a G19 in MTAC holster, and a Kahr CM9 in a Galco ankle holster.  Also can carry the CM9 in cargo shorts pocket, but it is noticeable when sitting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
If I ever need more than one gun to get out of a situation I will take it as a clear sign that God needs me up there for something important.  I am all for being prepared but two guns for civilian conceal carry seems a little too paranoid/mall-ninja for me.  But if it makes you feel better have at it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I have been wanting to get an ankle holster, but I have not found one I like yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#16]
In the winter I'll sometimes carry a J frame in my jacket pocket and a holstered pistol underneath. Other than that, I don't normally carry more than 1.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock 26 or 29  iwb. At work I always have a naa pug 22 mag
On my weak side pocket to go with the one iwb
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If I ever need more than one gun to get out of a situation I will take it as a clear sign that God needs me up there for something important.  I am all for being prepared but two guns for civilian conceal carry seems a little too paranoid/mall-ninja for me.  But if it makes you feel better have at it.
View Quote

This is pretty much where I'm at.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I did, but not anymore. I will again eventually.

When I carry, its always full size. Its either a 1911, CZ75/82, or sometimes a revolver.
When I used to have my .22 magnum NAA pocket revolver, that was my second.

I think getting something any bigger than derringer or minimal pocket pistol size is just more clutter. The .22mag was small, and did not bother me as a secondary.
I ended up selling it to get a Charter Arms Undercover .38 3in from the 70s/80s. They were both fine guns.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. I'll tag an extra mag on if I'm going somewhere on the rougher side of town. That's about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
2 is 1...
View Quote

1 is none.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#22]
depends....springer XDM 4.5 .40 cal. at 4 o'clock. Often, not always a pf-9 a my 12 o'clock aiwb.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Sometimes when I'm feeling frisky, I will carry a 642 in a Renegade ankle rig, not on the regular though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#24]
My original reason for asking about this carry style, was based on the website post:   http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/robert-farago/rabbi-carries-three-guns-carry-one/       The article, with video, explains and shows why the rabbi carries three guns.....sort of.  In his "training" video he doesn't use anything besides his one firearm on his right hip.  Which is fine, but if he carries three guns I expected to see him train using more than one gun......maybe even three.  That is why I asked about people training with their primary and their backup or backups to see if anyone had any advice to someone who might be interested but isn't quite sold on the idea.

With all that said, I shot a Nighthawk 1911 (not sure what model but it was 5") and out of 100 rounds I had 6 malfunctions.  I also put 100 rounds through a springfield XDS .45 and had 3 failures.  Both guns are i'm sure reliable guns by many peoples standards, but tools fail and guns are tools.  That's what gets me thinking more about a backup instead of an extra mag.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Never.  Half the time I don't even carry one.  The university frowns upon such things.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:28:31 AM EDT
[#26]
On have at times concealed carried 2 guns.  Usually G19 or 1911 on right hip with 442 in left pocket.  

CD
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Me too. I'll tag an extra mag on if I'm going somewhere on the rougher side of town. That's about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the argument is a quicker follow up shot in the event of a complicated malfunction (New York reload.)
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I do just like this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

My primary carry gun is a Diamondback DB9 in my left front pocket, as it is so small and discrete as to be almost unnoticeable, regardless of my attire. When I'm going somewhere where I don't feel the limited capacity and short sight radius/barrel of the DB9 is sufficient, and my attire allows, I carry a Glock 19 with Inforce APL OWB at 4 o'clock.

Those times when I do carry the G19, I still carry the DB9, as well. It's not because I think I may have to dual wield them in a death blossom while fending off a dozen ninjas. I do it because carrying the DB9 in my pocket is routine and I don't like to break routines, lest they stop being routine. Of course, the fact that I have a New York reload available is nice, in case one goes down or breaks. And, having two young daughters (3 mo and 3 yrs), I frequently have one of them in my arms, sometimes switching arms. This way, I have a gun immediately available, regardless of which arm I'm using to carry one of my kids, who I'm not dropping in the midst of a life-or-death struggle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope... Only  carry the one. The law in NM regarding concealed carry only allows for one concealed weapon on your person at a time. I have no idea why the law is this way but that's the way it is. If it was different or ever changes I don't know if I would carry a backup though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:34:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I do most of the time. I didn't used to. But earlier this year I started doing and it became habit. I carry a smaller .32 in my right front pocket. And then carry my CZ 75 Phantom, cross draw on my left. The Phantom is accessible by either hand. It's OWB. Times when I need to be super discreet, I just carry the .32.

Like SiVisPacem mentioned above, it's all about habit with the smaller gun. Paranoia or mall ninja(ry) has nothing to do with it. Everyone just does what they want. Some carry one gun, some carry two or even three. Some carry no spare mags/speed strips/etc. Some carry one or two.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Most of the time my EDC is only my G27 in my Crossbreed holster. But on occasion I have been known to carry my G22 IWB and my G27 on my calf. When the shit hits the fan I also carried my LC9 in right inside pocket and my B85 in  my left inside pocket of my Cut. You never know.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I carry 13+1 .45acp. If I run out, then it surely was a good day to die.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I carry my primary pistol  IWB (either a P7M8, G19, Steyr S9A1, Sig 229, or 1911) and keep a Seecamp in my pocket
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I have carried two at times being G27 in CrossBreed SuperTuck and LCP either on ankle in Galco ankle lite or in front pocket using a Desantis nemesis.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:53:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Not with any regularity.

I have carried

A Glock 17 IWB strong side
Glock 17 OWB weak side
j frame each front pocket
asp in right rear pocket
brass knuckles left rear pocket
a kabar TDI on the weak side
and a cheap ninja star on a ball chain on my neck as it's considered a deadly weapon in KY.

When I have taught a concealed carry class and asked people how many concealed weapons they thought I had on me. No one ever got all of them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I carry a Springfield Armory 1911A1 Range Officer in .45ACP as well as a Ruger LCP, both in ISWB holsters. 1911A1 on my right and LCP on my left. I do not always carry the Range Officer, but I do always carry the LCP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:49:42 AM EDT
[#39]
I only carry 1, 2 is an interesting thought, but IMO not practical. If I need more than my 24 RDS of .45, I am in way over my head. Also it would take a lot of extra training to have an effective draw and onto target with a secondary gun, especially from something like an ankle. And if you're worried about jams,I would thinks one could clear a jam faster than just dropping your weapon and drawing something else.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I only carry 1, 2 is an interesting thought, but IMO not practical. If I need more than my 24 RDS of .45, I am in way over my head. Also it would take a lot of extra training to have an effective draw and onto target with a secondary gun, especially from something like an ankle. And if you're worried about jams,I would thinks one could clear a jam faster than just dropping your weapon and drawing something else.
View Quote

The New York reload came into use when the stakeout squad cops were using 5 and 6 shot revolvers before speedloaders were common. I think Massad Ayoob named it. But I think Jim Cirrillo is who made it famous. I cannot recall if he ever actually did a New York reload in any gunfights.

I remember a movie or TV show where a higher up commanding officer wore two revolvers small of back many years ago, anyone know who that was?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Actually, as well as my CCW I always have my NAA .22 Mag 5-shot derringer in my pocket. That on I take EVERYWHERE.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#42]
MP9 FS w. TLR3 AIWB - 3x 20rd spares.  642 in pocket as bug and also to give to wife if things go south.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not with any regularity.

I have carried

Glock 17 OWB weak side
asp in right rear pocket
and a cheap ninja star on a ball chain on my neck as it's considered a deadly weapon in KY.

When I have taught a concealed carry class and asked people how many concealed weapons they thought I had on me. No one ever got all of them.
View Quote

Did you ever carry that load on a daily basis, or just when you had a class to teach to prove a point?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Occasionally but not usually, and when I do it's small guns; usually G26's or CM9's.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I always carry a little NAA .22LR. If I am carrying something bigger, I see no reason to not keep the NAA in the pocket as a backup.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quite often I carry two firearms as well as a folding knife.  Usually a Glock 22 IWB and a Glock 27 in an ankle holster.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I see two as being reasonable.  Tools fail, limbs fail to perform after suffering an injury....it doesn't seem that extreme.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In the winter I'll sometimes carry a J frame in my jacket pocket and a holstered pistol underneath. Other than that, I don't normally carry more than 1.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Bersa thunder9 hc in a safariland strong side. Ruger LCP in a super fly in the left ass pocket
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Did you ever carry that load on a daily basis, or just when you had a class to teach to prove a point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not with any regularity.

I have carried

Glock 17 OWB weak side
asp in right rear pocket

Just to demonstrate carry methods and how easily you can hide weapons on you.
The most I carried at a time was a glock 17 IWB, a glock 26 in the pocket and an asp in the back pocket when I had to do cash drops of 5 grand plus.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top