Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2024 10:48:56 AM EDT
Do I have to connect a window unit a/c to wifi in order for it to work?  I have zero desire for that feature, and don't care to have another app.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine does not need connection to wifi, but it is an option if I want to.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I was able to read the pdf manual, states to first download the GE app and proceed.  So if I don't download the app, then it wont connect.  Has a remote and a controls on the panel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Plug it in and turn it on. If it requires internet to operate, then it wouldn’t work during outages.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
My LG is wifi enabled and it's pretty dang nice, really.  It's the only iot device in the house and I find it pretty useful.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the A/C unit have buttons or controls on it?  Does it have a remote?  Sounds like having wifi allows it to be controlled via smartphone app.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top