Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/1/2024 12:39:39 AM EDT
Who just plays the same old game over and over.
Due to home life and kids it's hard to commit to a new game and focus on it for hours on end.

For me I mainly play games that are either online single battle games (10-25 minutes) or single player games that can exit or pause on demand

Used to play and loved Enlisted
Simple, ease to play and no pay to win
Hated new UI so I quit

Was playing Tiny Tina's but the totally random boss fights get me (as well as the alphabet bs)

So now back to Borderlands 3
Pretty much maxed out Zane so now replaying as F4LK

Sometimes MechWarrior online but in the past it was pay to win

Never play/preorder new games anymore, Tarkov soured me on that as well as the old Republic
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Im stuck on the same few

Quake Champions
Rising Storm 2
Battlebit Remastered

I tried The Finals recently, its pretty fun. Free to play if you wanna try something new with a big playerbase.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
ARMA 3 SOG Prairie Fire

Call of Duty: World at War

IL-2 1946

I are nerd.

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the initial investment of learning a new game that keeps me going back to what I've played for years.

It doesn't help that very few new games even interest me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 6:45:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#4]
I have my "all-time favorite" list that I will keep going back to, but I like playing new games when I can find time.

A big thing for me was that I had a 10-year-old PC that couldn't run any modern games. I bought a new one last Spring and have played a ton of new stuff since then.

2023 was, IMO, the best year for gaming since 1998.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Only thing I play is phone games with the arf clans. Boom Beach and DomiNations. I'll play video games with my son when he 's staying with me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Borderlands.  God damn that game series is a classic.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:51:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#7]
When I built my gaming computer two years ago I got a bunch of games on sale from Steam.
Then I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator, and haven't touched any of the other ones since.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
It's the initial investment of learning a new game that keeps me going back to what I've played for years.
View Quote

I like strategy and RPG games, all with intricate systems or combat sets to learn. So when you just want to chill, picking up something new is the last thing on your mind.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Unreal
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm still on mario from the NES.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#11]
HOI4

Used to do a lot of WOT’s and eve online.  Don’t have time anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been playing BFV on Xbox since early 2019. Level 450ish. Currently roll with a mic'd up party, so one game or ten () and it's always a blast.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Since I got turned on to Single Player Tarkov, I'd found myself just running raid after raid while I watch TV or youtube.  Seems to relax me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I am horribly bad about playing a million games at once.  I have this in joke with myself on video games 'Give it a good 10 Hours'.  LoL.  A friend of mine is the same way.  We differ though in that he will power through a game over a couple weeks, just totally obsessed about it.  Then, on to the next.  Myself, I keep hoping around game to game, and therefor, am thoroughly mediocre at all of them!

I will say though that this year, DCS has been my main focus. Couple years before that I was pretty stuck on IL-2.  Other long time games for me is Elite Dangerous and a couple MMOs (Everquest II and Elder Scrolls Online)

Now, another friend, he is more like the topic of the thread.  He has played MWO (Mechwarrior Online) since it was in beta, maybe alpha.  And that's been pretty much it.  He'll occasionally try one of the games and I and the other friend are jabbering about, be he always goes back to MWO.  Starfield for him has been about the only thing to pull his attention away from giant stompy mechs.  (Meanwhile, yeah my other friend and I blew through Starfield in about 40 hours each, and uninstalled it, and back to our ADHD style of 'what's next?'
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Deep Rock Galactic. I know I can knock out a mission for 20-30 minutes between doing chores around the house or right after the kids go to bed. I'm working on the last four achievements and then I'll have it maxed out besides levels.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I still play madden 16 on ps4 lol. I used to get the new madden every year but they started being really unplayable. I really liked the gameplay on this one and still run through franchise mode. Haven't bought a new one since.

Also still play some company of heroes 2 and killing floor 2 with friends.

We really don't like any new games.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I get about 2 hr a week to sit down and game (XBone)
I always fire up Ghost Recon Wildlands and run some faction missions or just wander around and blow shit up, depending on my mood
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Good to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't really buy into new games
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:14:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#19]
Just Elden Ring because my friends play it. Other than that I don't really play anything unless I really want to beat a particular game. Last year I played RE4 Remake, Dead Space Remake, Alan Wake 2, Starfield, Phantom Liberty, FF16, and FF7R. Almost all of them were pretty short playthroughs. Even FF16 because I skipped all of the side content.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#20]
All the Skyrim series, Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas,  Arma, Kerbal, Cold Waters, probably add Cyberpunk to the list.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:21:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZYoungGun] [#21]
On PC, it’s the Half-Life, Portal, F.E.A.R., and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, but my computer is old as dirt so I can’t really try anything new anyway.

On console it’s Ace Combat 4, Tourist Trophy, and Red Faction on PS2, Singularity on PS3, and finally Dead by Daylight and Titanfall 2 on the PS4.

When I can stomach them or want a nostalgic bit of frustrated suffering, I cycle through the COD Modern Warfare series.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#22]
World of Warships, and division 2
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Chess
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Red Dead Redemption 2

I can just fuck around for hours playing RDR2, and I'm still finding new things. I'll play other games, but I always come back.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Fallout 4, XCOM 2, and Kerbal Space Program are huge time sinks with their respective modding communities.
Occasionally Prison Architect.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Division 2 for 4-5 years. I play it every day 1-3 hours.

MWII for about 9 months. Done with MW for a while.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been playing a lot of Roguetech.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CrabDizzy:
Red Dead Redemption 2

I can just fuck around for hours playing RDR2, and I'm still finding new things. I'll play other games, but I always come back.
View Quote

Hands down one of my favorite games to play. Got it beginning of 2023, put nearly 300 hours into it only to beat the storyline once. Got too distracted with exploring, hunting, and side quests.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Hands down one of my favorite games to play. Got it beginning of 2023, put nearly 300 hours into it only to beat the storyline once. Got too distracted with exploring, hunting, and side quests.
View Quote

Arthur Morgan is the best character in video games.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Red Dead Redemption 2

Never played that game
Kinda wanted to buy again see OP :)
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I play the Fallout series off and on.  

The ladies at work have been playing candy crush for years.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm playing on an old Star Wars Galaxy emu server.  Mainly just play the space game from Jump to Lightspeed.

I also still play Masters of Magic (original 90's and new version from last year)
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Never played that game
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:
Red Dead Redemption 2

Never played that game

It’s definitely a game I could play over and over again, just started my second playthrough. My other replayable favorites are Titanfall 2 and Halo Reach.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I finished the platinum for Sekiro in early October, and it's made other games unplayable for me.  I've tried Dead Space, FF16, RE4, and Armored Core 6 and they all felt completely empty after Sekiro.  I've got Lies of P installed and I can't be bothered to even start it up.

Sekiro and MGSV are the only games in 30+ years I consider to be flawless gameplay wise.

I won't play anything else until FF7 Rebirth.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I only play Valorant.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I've been playing Old School Runescape a lot lately with my account that is just shy of 20 years old.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Destiny 2 PVP.

Play with family and it is consistently fun.

Before that played tons of Titanfall 1/2

FU "Wokeness" Legends
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By skindroid:
Destiny 2 PVP.

Play with family and it is consistently fun.

Before that played tons of Titanfall 1/2

FU "Wokeness" Legends
View Quote

Titanfall 2 is an epic game.

Apex legends is a fun game with much better fun play but you spawn in, grab guns and gear for 10 minutes before being killed by an 11yr old with much faster reflexes than you.

Got out around time of the dead dude, revenant I think.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ajek:
I bought a new one last Spring...
View Quote

Specs?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Shagohod:
I finished the platinum for Sekiro in early October, and it's made other games unplayable for me.  I've tried Dead Space, FF16, RE4, and Armored Core 6 and they all felt completely empty after Sekiro.  I've got Lies of P installed and I can't be bothered to even start it up.

Sekiro and MGSV are the only games in 30+ years I consider to be flawless gameplay wise.

I won't play anything else until FF7 Rebirth.
View Quote

I forgot about MGSV. It's a damn shame what they did to Kojima.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Most of the time I'm playing with friends, and it's usually:

Borderlands 3
Deep Rock Galactic
Arma 3
Earth Defense Force 5
Age of Empires 2

And sims, like:

DCS
MSFS
Project Cars 2
Assetto Corsa

I try new games now and then. The last one I found that I really enjoyed was Dredge. Complete surprise.

When playing single player, it's often boomer shooters, something I can turn off my brain on and just listen to the soundtrack while blasting away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#42]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I just play Call of Duty with my son and some goofy football game on my phone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:25:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Sorensic:

Specs?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sorensic:
Originally Posted By Ajek:
I bought a new one last Spring...

Specs?

Intel Core i7-13700KF 16-Core 3.4 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI - MSI VENTUS 3X OC
Team T-FORCE Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHz 32GB (2x16GB)
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB SSD
Seasonic Focus GX 1000W Gold PSU
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
Fallout 4, XCOM 2, and Kerbal Space Program are huge time sinks with their respective modding communities.
Occasionally Prison Architect.

Kharn
View Quote
@Kharn

Have you tried their new game The Last Starship? It's a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By myitinaw:

ARMA 3 SOG Prairie Fire

Call of Duty: World at War

IL-2 1946

I are nerd.

View Quote

I didn't save anywhere near enough files from Mission For Today.

Great music, too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I did the whole “Return to World” campaign. MHW:I is one of the few games I have well over 400 hours into. Trying to learn melee builds atm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rDigital] [#48]
Tarkov and OG Doom.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Gran Turismo and it's iterations.  27+ years now...where does the time go???
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#50]
If BF1942 Wake Island Demo still had server support, I’d still be playing it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top