[#2]
We are now totally not on a

Vertical
Grouping
Of
Names.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the time of day and location.

3rd shift/midnights: yes mostly looking for criminal activity.

1st shift/days: no, traffic enforcement primarily but if criminal activity shows itself then will take it.

2nd shift/swings: could go either way depending on traffic patterns and call loads.

Ghetto: traffic stops tend to be for criminal activity but the traffic offenses are astounding and make probable cause (probably cause on GD and by retards) overwhelming.

Low crime areas: mostly traffic enforcement advocated by local residents, Karen’s and businesses.  But criminal enforcement occurs in conjunction.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run I-10 between Houston and New Orleans for work quite a bit. I've been lucky lately but over the years I've been pulled over the most the BS things. After the rookies see my carry permit and run my license, they feel the need to come back with the lamest story of "just trying to keep everyone safe, blah blah" BS. Just say, I'm Duputy Doofus and my boss told me to go fishing.
View Quote

I had a TX State Trooper pull me over heading towards the border, when I was going 10mph over. I roll the windows down, and he's at my door before I even get my license out. While looking everywhere in the vehicle besides at me, he says I was going a little fast and asks if I'm hiding anyone in here. I laugh and say 'no,' he takes one glance at my license, hands it back to me, and tells me to slow it down. Walks back to his car drives off before I can even put my license back in my wallet. The whole thing took about 7 seconds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Gene5 is that you?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
all you have to do is watch live pd. in certain areas they are fishing, warrants, drugs, alcohol or other impairment. i suspect they become 'attuned' to certain types of drivers/vehicles. i used to work in a drugstore as a tech. you'd get folks with fake scripts. it got to the point that as soon as they walked through the door, you 'knew'. i suspect cops are the same.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
In Va, typically speeding, once they establish a valid primary charge, they can do BS like tint, loud exhaust, weed, etc.

Va stopped tags, stickers and taillights, etc as a primary because they were pulling too many POCs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got pulled over once at 2 a.m. right down the street from my house. Sitting there thinking "ok, what the hell could this be about?" Sat there for 5 or 10 minutes before officer approached. He comes up, I say "good morning." "You know why I pulled you over?" "No idea." "Yeah, I uh.....noticed your muffler was kind of loud." Like he had to think about it on the spot. Granted, it had a hole and was kinda noisy, but not THAT loud. Tuna can exhausts are far louder. Gave him my license and insurance, he did whatever in his car for 20 MINUTES. 20 freaking minutes! I was tired and wanted to shower and go to bed. Finally comes back and gives me a written warning.

"Muffler was kind of loud," yeah, pretty sure you just wanted to see what I was doing out at 0200. Probably hoping for a DUI. He was a young guy, newer to the force.

So I'm not sure about most, but that one certainly was.
View Quote

That wasnt a DWI stop
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you having a stroke?
View Quote

Was I not supposed to do 80 on the service road before the on-ramp?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a pickup with rusted out noisy glass pack mufflers.  State patrol turned around, pulled me over, said it was too noisy. Was towing watercraft at the time.

He asked for all the registrations including trailer. I had all of it. No ticket just told me to get the muffler fixed.

Ended up saying the real reason he pulled me over was to check the watercraft. A lot had been stolen recently.

He wasn't exactly nice or the least bit apologetic but glad he was doing his job.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck all this made up bs.

Got stopped about 10 times by DPS over 20 yrs (heavy foot), all warnings except 1.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Left a red light with my visor up talking to my brother going 25 mph. At 4 pm Pulled over gun drawn and screamed at. All 5 foot 1 of 350# bitch. Had been 4 years since any tickets. Found out well know locally living statey known for her bull shit. Took the day off to fight a 25$ visor ticket and won, well worth it. Fuck you
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
actually this seems reasonable to me

now the 'road side safety check'  /  paperz pleaze zitizen    that's bullshit

thanks for the spell check
View Quote

Wrong, its all about the revenue
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I mostly just made traffic stops so that GD would have something to talk about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Definitely fishing for other stuff. I am glad I moved to a state with the cheapest traffic tickets and least amount of cops.

cops are in place to keep the plebs in place. And yes I am a pleb as well

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

no,  are you always an ass clown or only here?

eta   uncalled for  on my part - head hung in shame
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you having a stroke?

no,  are you always an ass clown or only here?

eta   uncalled for  on my part - head hung in shame

That’s cool bro.  It’s part of the great GD wheel of kharma to come here for the ass clowns, try to reason with ass clowns, become an ass clown, attract other ass clowns, and ride the ass clown chakra into the light. Do you know why I stopped you?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Definitely fishing for other stuff. I am glad I moved to a state with the cheapest traffic tickets and least amount of cops.

cops are in place to keep the plebs in place. And yes I am a pleb as well

View Quote

I travel all across the western U.S. been stopped in just about every western state there is. Idaho is the worst, you are assumed to be a drug mule if you have out of state plates and will be treated as such. I feel sorry for POC in Idaho, it’s bad for them. But ND is the best, hardly any cops and both times I was stopped in my home state, was let go with a warning to just slow down. Helps that it was sub zero and the wind was howling and nobody wanted to be out in that shitty weather.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
How would our ARFCOM cops respond if they had this interaction during a night time stop for a minor or pretextual traffic infraction?

Subject: Good evening officer, how can I help you?

Officer GD:  Good evening, sir.  I'm Officer GeneralDiscussion from the ARFCOM Police Department.  License and registration, please?

Subject: No problem Officer, may I ask if this is a ticket, a warning or a polite conversation?  I'm happy to have a polite conversation with you, but once I hand over my identification, on the advice of my counsel, I'm no longer allowed to talk to you until the traffic stop is concluded.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
When my friend was a beat cop on crime/drug duty, he said someone would have to drive excessively foolishly for him to pull them over.
When we talked a few weeks later, he had made his largest drug bust yet based off of a pretextual traffic stop.

Don’t be afraid to try new things
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
If i get popped its for tint or speed. Speed being the PC for tint).

Once, I had a cop riding my ass on the backroads. Even talked to my wife about the guy behind me driving like a dick and riding my ass so I sped up not realizing he was a cop. Middle of the night and only cars on the road so I was taking corners over the double yellow when safe. Completely sober. Was awkward when the blue lights came on

That time he was definitely looking for drunks though. Said he pulled me over for speed and failing to maintain my lane. Told him yeah man, i was trying to avoid the asshole behind me. Just said slow down
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How would our ARFCOM cops respond if they had this interaction during a night time stop for a minor or pretextual traffic infraction?

View Quote

I’d shake my head and laugh
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]
It’s always a fishing trip regardless of reason for stop.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Whats going on in this thread….oh Lawd
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Those always made for the most boring, and frequent, segments on COPS. "This car just failed to signal. We're going to pull them over and see what's going on." Then the poor behind the wheel of some poverty wagon gets arrested for a personal-use amount of drugs in the center console, suspended license, warrants, etc.

It's happened to me thrice. Once when I was leaving a bar that I had gone to watch a band at; not drink. I'm certain that LEO thought he was going to make a DUI arrest. The other two instances were when I was leaving work, in a business park that was a ghost town after 6pm, around midnight. I'm certain those two thought I was a burglar. On both occasions the LEOs scanned the inside of my car with their flashlights while they were questioning me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So... ticket, warning or conversation?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why are you getting stopped?  Why you are getting stopped along with other factors dictate the result of a stop........not some kind of pre-arraigned sovereign citizen-esque monologue.  Whats the classic saying....you cant talk youre way out of a ticket, but you can certainly talk your way into one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We are now totally not on a

Vertical
Grouping
Of
Names.
View Quote

I
D
G
A
F
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why are you getting stopped?  Why you are getting stopped along with other factors dictate the result of a stop........not some kind of pre-arraigned sovereign citizen-esque monologue.  Whats the classic saying....you cant talk youre way out of a ticket, but you can certainly talk your way into one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure that not wanting to answer a lot of questions only to then be given a ticket is sovereign citizen-esque.   A couple decades ago, I happily answered a ton of questions and let my car get searched, only to then be given a traffic citation for the full speed.  If a cop is going to pretend to be nice and make polite conversation and then ticket me, I'd rather lawyer up and just take the citation.

Edit:  I don't want to be an asshole... seriously,  tell me if stating that at the beginning of the traffic stop is an asshole thing to do.  Is there a politer way to do it?

"Hey officer, I'm happy to answer any questions... but if I answer questions, can we make this a warning?"
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#31]
It all depends….. lot of grant money out there for different shit. Interdiction on Interstate corridors one side, looking for dope loads, partners on the other side looking for money curriers going back, a lot of high speed equipment, access to different databases. DUi grant money, equipment, new squads every 2 years, overtime and holiday pay out the ass, and pretty much looking for dui, with no time for much else. Another grant program, like step/select traffic
enforcement program is all about ticket volume, overtime pay, new squads or Harley’s every 2 years, but got to bring in the numbers… the joke was there could be a kidnap victim tied up in the back seat and it would be, here’s your ticket, instructions on the back, have a nice day

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Officer GD:  Good evening, sir.  I'm Officer GeneralDiscussion from the ARFCOM Police Department.  License and registration, please?

Subject: No problem Officer, may I ask if this is a ticket, a warning or a polite conversation?  I'm happy to have a polite conversation with you, but once I hand over my identification, on the advice of my counsel, I'm no longer allowed to talk to you until the traffic stop is concluded.

1- There can't just be a conversation, since you are being detained

And if you want to know if this is a cite, warning, or hug time, well, I don't know that until we have a conversation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It all depends….. lot of grant money out there for different shit. Interdiction on Interstate corridors one side, looking for dope loads, partners on the other side looking for money curriers going back, a lot of high speed equipment, access to different databases. DUi grant money, equipment, new squads every 2 years, overtime and holiday pay out the ass, and pretty much looking for dui, with no time for much else. Another grant program, like step/select traffic
enforcement program is all about ticket volume, overtime pay, new squads or Harley’s every 2 years, but got to bring in the numbers… the joke was there could be a kidnap victim tied up in the back seat and it would be, here’s your ticket, instructions on the back, have a nice day

View Quote

I mentioned my worst police interaction... let me tell you about my best.  In April 2017, I retired from the USAF and headed east from Las Vegas.  Somewhere about 45 minutes west of Flagstaff, my 12 year old toyhauler RV I was towing at 300 lbs under max weight sheared the bolts on one then the other wheel on the right side.  I had my in the truck and over $60k worth of firearms, NFA, night vision, and ammo as well as my gold and silver from my safe.  I was upset, on the side of the road, trying to figure out if AAA could help (they really couldnt) when an Arizona state trooper.pulled up, took a look at my face, and said,
" You ok, man? You look.like you need a hug."

Yeah. Lt Col Disco started crying and got a hug.  He pointed me towards a fleet service company or two and they helped me get the RV parts I needed to repair it.  He told me he'd drive by every 15 or 20 minutes until it was taken care of.  When it was fixed, he started his lights 300 yards behind me on I-40 and gave me room to merge back.onto the Interstate on an uphill slope.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not sure that not wanting to answer a lot of questions only to then be given a ticket is sovereign citizen-esque.
View Quote

Your laughable monologue is like some of the dumb shit Moors would say when we stopped them.  And not answering questions doesnt instantly mean you are getting a ticket or a trip to jail.   Act like a normal person, which seems to be a completely foreign concept to many in GD , and just see where the stop goes.  Saying dumb shit at the start just paints yourself as a moron for the length of the stop and the cops arent going to be intimiadting by your "assertion".......they are just going to laugh at you.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

new vehicles every two years?  Must be nice.......we have to drive the same vehicles (which are line cars, no takehome cars here) until the dollar amount of repairs surpass the value of the vehicle.   I just came out of a 2017 Explorer with 140+k miles on it and now a SRO is driving it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]
As a former cop I disagree.

There are some real dicks that LOVE writing traffic tickets ALL. DAY. LONG.

It’s what they LIVE for.

Never got into that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Probably.
I got pulled over for  no insurance Sunday afternoon.  At least he said when he ran my plate it said “no insurance”. I handed him my card. With a 2025 expiration date. He didn’t shoot me, and I went on my way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Your laughable monologue is like some of the dumb shit Moors would say when we stopped them.  And not answering questions doesnt instantly mean you are getting a ticket or a trip to jail.   Act like a normal person, which seems to be a completely foreign concept to many in GD , and just see where the stop goes.  Saying dumb shit at the start just paints yourself as a moron for the length of the stop and the cops arent going to be intimiadting by your "assertion".......they are just going to laugh at you.

View Quote

Hey, thats good feedback.  But can you empathize with how I felt after being fully cooperative, allowing a search, and then getting a full amount ticket?

Someone once told me good cops either lecture or ticket, not both.  Getting interrogated and vehicle searched and then fined is worse than lectured.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Road pirates. They are out for the booty quota.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Not happening in Michigan.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hey, thats good feedback.  But can you empathize with how I felt after being fully cooperative, allowing a search, and then getting a full amount ticket?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If he was doing it right; you would have gotten the ticket before being asked about a search.

Someone once told me good cops either lecture or ticket, not both.  Getting interrogated and vehicle searched and then fined is worse than lectured.

I cant stand dudes that lecture people.  Either take some kind of enforcement action and let the driver go.....no one wants to hear you drone on about something the driver isnt paying attention to anyways.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That whole post made Baby Jesus cry, because he had warrents.
View Quote
I start to call them "attachments" after watching too much Steven Seagul LAWMAN! And G19 for gun too boot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Haven't some states banned asking questions that don't pertain to the reason for the stop to end the fishing expedition bullshit?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Dash and or Hello...

Of course it's true.

Your Papers are not in Order
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:08:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In NYS the money goes to the state general fund. Unless you're a Trooper you, your locality and agency don't see any revenue from ticket fines. The court gets a surcharge to offset the cost of handling the ticket. Tickets on average are a net loss

Quoted:

I cant stand dudes that lecture people.  Either take some kind of enforcement action and let the driver go.....no one wants to hear you drone on about something the driver isnt paying attention to anyways.

So you're saying that you'd rather get the ticket?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gotta generate that revenue to fill the coffers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You'd be a funny story in roll call the next day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#48]
How’s the bender going OP?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the guys in my traffic unit was the king of that. Every stop was a 15 minute lecture.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't know. Could be. But every time I have been stopped I was actually speeding, except once.

That once I had a headlight out and it was still dark (I go to work at about 3:45 a.m.). I didn't get a ticket for that one, just advised to fix it and I did, stopping to get a bulb on the way home from work.
Page / 3
Top Top