Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks much, Fish! Look forward to trying some different blades.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigrob83] [#4]
holy crap fish...
I started the thread forgot all about it and now im putting you out

let me restock you with some blades or pmags or something
pm me please

ETA: whoops no pmags LOL
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the sampler today.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my sampler in over the holidays.
Thanks very much for the generous stash!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
How's this work?

Are any left?

I'd like to give a few a shot. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fish223:

This works by sending me an IM with a shipping address.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gqGjXGubZxw/U5oVC_C7CPI/AAAAAAAAJA8/lVeVHJ2mWWA/s1600/smiley-shaving.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMiller613:
How's this work?

Are any left?

I'd like to give a few a shot. Thanks

This works by sending me an IM with a shipping address.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gqGjXGubZxw/U5oVC_C7CPI/AAAAAAAAJA8/lVeVHJ2mWWA/s1600/smiley-shaving.png

Sent.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:40:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, shit got crazy around here.

Whoever sent me their address for a Feather blade sampler, please PM me again. I accidentally deleted all of my forum emails like an idiot to make room for IM's that weren't getting through due to a full inbox.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got my package from Fish on Sat.  Exotic blades from all over the world.  Thanks again for the hook up
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#13]
So it appears I need to convert to shaving with a DE ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]

My pleasure.  Happy New Year.

Jump in, water's fine.

73Charger, Er_Mah_Gerd, your blades went out today, I thought they went out Friday, but I found them still in the outbox today when I got to the office, sorry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steelraincdo:
Just got my package from Fish on Sat.  Exotic blades from all over the world.  Thanks again for the hook up

My pleasure.  Happy New Year.

Originally Posted By whiskerz:
So it appears I need to convert to shaving with a DE ?

Jump in, water's fine.

73Charger, Er_Mah_Gerd, your blades went out today, I thought they went out Friday, but I found them still in the outbox today when I got to the office, sorry.

Thank you so much, recieved them a few days ago. Can't wait to try them once I can get rid of this winter beard.
I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Just ordered a Merkur 34C as my first venture into the classic shaving world. Is the offer still good on a sampler?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:27:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Just havta say THANKS for the blade samples!!

It was GREAT!!

Chock full of samples, really appreciated!!!

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Fish, I got the blades today. Thank you very much!
And the art work on the envelope, great job!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:30:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Jumped into the DE fray with a Merkur 34C. Per multiple reviews, I discarded the "included" Merkur blade to avoid beginners disappointment. Picked up some Astra platinums but would like to see how a few other brands fare. Is the pay it forward sampler session still active?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I have tried Wilkinson Sword and Derby.  The Wilkinson Swords work best for me so far, but I would like to try some others if the offer is still out there.  By the way, let me know if anyone would like to try some Derbys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Really great idea...  Wish I had seen this sooner!

I switched to safety razor about a month ago and tried the included Merkur blade and didn't care for it too much.  I purchased (didn't know about the shaving topic) a variety pack from Amazon to try out some different bladed.  I was planning on trying a new blade each week and rate from there.  I figured this would be a good way to weed through them.  Start each Monday with a new blade and use it for the week (usually Monday - Thursday) keeping notes on cuts, overall smoothness, if it lasts all week (noticeably duller quicker than others), etc...

So far, I have only tried the Gillette Silver Blue and will be switching up tomorrow and trying the Bic Chrome Platinum.  I have about 10 more brands to try and look forward to finding the right one.

On a side note, the Gillette Silver Blue was 10x better than the included Merk.  Here's hoping the rest are even better.  Can't wait to find the one for me!!!

If there are any recommendations or must tries anyone has, please let me know.  At this point, I am picking from the variety pack at random.

Thanks and happy shaving!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Got my sampler today!
Thanks again fish!

As for Merkur blades, the one that came with my 34c was garbage. Might as well grind your whiskers off with a cinder block.
Interested to see how the rest of the bunch shaves.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:31:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Received today, thank you.

Like others, I really appreciate you taking he time to do this.

Cool envelope as well.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:11:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NYMini] [#29]
Just received the sampler. This really helps. Thanks a bunch. Came in a USPS mylar with printing apologizing for damage during shipping. Envelope was re-taped. The BFL logo must have raised an eyebrow.    

Maybe you should provide a label on the package stating "WARNING: High Tech Tactical Shaving Equipment Enclosed"

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I've only used one blade from the sampler so far.  Three shaves with it.  (I shave only when I want to shave).

The Astra was my first selection.  Holy. Hell.  

Much...much better shave than I was expecting.  

Thank you for the pack.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:08:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NYMini] [#31]
Have used the Astra Platinum as my first blade selection and was impressed with the quality of shave.

Haven't tried the Astra Stainless yet but I'm sure it will be similar. I have heard the Platinum glides easier but no comparison yet.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NYMini] [#33]

Well, I'm glad it finally got there.  There should have been 8 to 10 packages in there, let me know if it was short any.
I wonder if it was actually damaged, or opened for some inspection. I've sent probably 40 out, and you are the first to have any issue at all.

Yeah, Astra is pretty good.  I still use Feather, but Astra is a very close second.  I can't tell the difference between the green and blue Astra blades.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NYMini:
Just received the sampler. This really helps. Thanks a bunch. Came in a USPS mylar with printing apologizing for damage during shipping. Envelope was re-taped. The BFL logo must have raised an eyebrow.    

Maybe you should provide a label on the package stating "WARNING: High Tech Tactical Shaving Equipment Enclosed"

Well, I'm glad it finally got there.  There should have been 8 to 10 packages in there, let me know if it was short any.
I wonder if it was actually damaged, or opened for some inspection. I've sent probably 40 out, and you are the first to have any issue at all.

Yeah, Astra is pretty good.  I still use Feather, but Astra is a very close second.  I can't tell the difference between the green and blue Astra blades.

Thanks again. Looks like they are all there. May have gotten caught up in their automated equipment.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Got the samplers today.  It's so cool seeing all the different packaging styles.  I can't wait to give them all a try.

Thanks, Fish.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Wish i would have switched to DE months ago and found this thread.   Got my first DE last week, need to get a sampler pack. Got a Jagger DE 89. It is beautiful
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I made the leap from Derby to Feather blades this week after reading this thread. What a pronounced difference they are! The Derby blades used to cut the crap out of my face and cause a ton of razor burn, even if they were straight out of the box. My Feather blades don't even feel like they're there, but boy do they put the enjoyment back into shaving.

And to think I used Derby blades for 8 years as if nothing else was out there....
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:17:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#37]
I'm at a loss to what to try next. Any chance you still have some samples left?  I've been debating astra and feather blades. I've been useing derby blades but they seem to be tugging my coarse hair. I have coarse hair and sensitive skin. I'll pm you my info. I can send some unopened derby packs back to you in case you could use them to send to others let me know thanks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#39]

They went out in yesterdays mail, give it a couple of days.
No need to send anything to me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akuser-47:
I'm at a loss to what to try next. Any chance you still have some samples left?  I've been debating astra and feather blades. I've been useing derby blades but they seem to be tugging my coarse hair. I have coarse hair and sensitive skin. I'll pm you my info. I can send some unopened derby packs back to you in case you could use them to send to others let me know thanks.

They went out in yesterdays mail, give it a couple of days.
No need to send anything to me.

Wow Thanks fish you sent me such a nice assortment This will truly help me find the the right razor blades for my skin and beard. I really do appreciate this. Thanks so very much. I received them on Saturday. I haven't tried any yet but will report on the experience on another thread once I find a winner thanks so much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:39:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#40]
Amazing how many different types of blades there are, a sample pack is an awesome way to try them, thanks for putting this together

ETA: thank you so much, awesome sampler pack, it arrived today!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:36:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigfoot_Wallace] [#41]
Sir, I sent you an IM, if still available.

ETA- Thanks Fish, I will advise when they arrive.

- Fish, my wife says your package arrived, I will be back in town tomorrow
 and will begin finding the perfect blade for me.  I want to express my thanks for your doing this for me.
 Please advise if ever I might return the favor.

- Started out trying the feather blade after reading the commentary here.  
First shave was interesting as I could not tell I was shaving until I saw the red,
Slowed down a little and all was well.  I have used the same blade for seven days
Straight and it is still acceptable as compared to my normal Walgreens blade,
Which most time I feel needs to be changed on the third day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I was wondering if there are any samples still available?  Tossed my Mach 3 turbo whatever. I can't justify the price.  I picked up a cheap razor and I'm eyeing a older one. My buget one came with asian made blades which I have heard are not too great.  I did try it out and it seems okay and not the bloodbath I thought it would be. Also what is a good website for supplies and accessories etc?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Askari] [#44]
PM sent. Very cool offer

I'm checking out the info provided. Even with the blades I have, I wish I would have tried this years ago. Who would have thought it, come to a firearm forum for a great shave?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Is there anymore sample packs?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Because of the Sampler ... I ordered this the other day.

Best shave I've had in years and the blade has held up through 3 very stubbly shaves.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077LAJT2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After more than a decade of being a 'meh ... I use a generic double edge' guy ... the premiums in the sampler woke me up from a stupor.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Fish, Thanks for the blades.  Stoked to try them out and learn more about DE Razors
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm interested in switching to a DE.  Sending the generous posters an IM. I can't decide what DE to start with. I've got suggestions to order a Maggard, EJ89, Parker 24c or go vintage Gillette like a tech or SS. Hive consensus?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top