Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
From the photo, I can see he's wide left.  I'm OK.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
This is 100% the right answer. I'm moving left and back rapidly. A-Pillar blocks and windshield deflects. I'm not drawing, I'm going for cover.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Originally Posted By kcobean:
can't beat a drawn gun.  I'm moving to my left, his right to put his a-pillar/windshield between me and him as quickly as possible in search of cover.  Of course I'm drawing in preparation for a fight, but not getting shot is priority 1.
This is 100% the right answer. I'm moving left and back rapidly. A-Pillar blocks and windshield deflects. I'm not drawing, I'm going for cover.

Right and forward makes him have to move not just his arm, but entire head and torso to maintain any kind of sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:
serpentine
View Quote
Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#4]
take it away or start laughing. its easier than you think, and very effective.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
De-ass out of there as quickly as I could to put some cover between me and him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Pull my pants down and moon him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I release my assault chihuahua and charge in behind my tactical wheelbarrow. Its on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creatyre] [#8]
Originally Posted By imq707s:
Find cover ASAP. You aren't drawing and getting a round off before a guy that's already got his gun aimed at you with his finger on the trigger. Not happening.
View Quote

I think too many people are focused on getting a round off before bad guy. Getting shot isn't a a sure death sentence. I guarantee you can draw and fire quicker than you can find cover.

Move, but get in the fight.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#11]
RIGHT AT HIM!

No joke, best tactic and movement and best cover is to instantly run at the left front wheel and jump on the hood or roof of the car.  Last thing Mr Euro-hitman will expect, surprise gets you the time to close the distance (*), and then what does he do shoot you through his own windshield?  Yes he can drive forward and tumble you off, but that will take a couple seconds to react/decide/drive.  He can't possibly run you over, you will have the initiative and know he'll do that next... if you could draw and handle your gun (are a cartoon super action hero), then it's a dead shot at him from above.  More likely slide off the far side and keep running.

This only works if you have internalized that in any gun-barrel situiation (in the open, no escape/cover, caught) you are about to be shot, with worse to follow, and so direct attack is your automatic reaction.  I'm old enough that I have little to lose.  Not much different from how I survived in school being a brainiac shrimp 2-3 grades ahead.  Call it the "Ender's Game" strategy.

* -- Assuming the camera angle is not lying here and it would only be three-four strides to the car.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Stand still, raise both hands & wait for him to call "Shooter Ready?"

Preferably all while hiding behind strong cover...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Dive left.  Most people pull shots.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:35:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: floridahunter07] [#14]
Move to cover as far to my right as possible, draw, shoot back. I figure I'm getting shot one way or another at this point, maybe he'll save me having to pay taxes this year

Moving to my right:
1. Conceals my arm behind my torso (maybe he won't see me draw, maybe he will)
2. He can't aim as well turning around in the car seat
3. His motion is largely limited by the B-pillar if he tries aiming out the window
4. If he has to shoot through seats and auto glass, chances of him making a good hit on me go down
5. If he's gonna get out and come after me, that's a HUGE (compared to him already having the drop on me) time advantage in my favor
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I can only guess from a similar situation.

I was walking to the front door of a restaurant when a thug opens the door and puts a handgun to my forehead.
I was calm, polite and did everything he asked.

Not much else to do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Call 911 of course.  

Honestly I don't know.  This me tends to go away in high-stress situations and a different me takes over.  I usually don't know about it until it's over.

(Not in some kind of badass superhero way.  Calmer, more organized maybe)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Lecture him on how his OODA loop is fucked up and he should have used better tactics, like the ones I've learned from GD.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I don’t care what that guy’s up to nearly as much as I care about not getting shot. I’m running away until I get to solid cover.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I just act like it's the coolest shit I've ever seen. "Oh wow, is that a REAL gun? Oh damn bro, that's BADASS!!! I've always wanted one of those! Bro, that is SO COOL! What kind is it???? I've literally never seen one before!!!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I would say "Excuse me", then start with 3 steps.

Never see me no more, lol.

This actually happened to me a very long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:28:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#21]
Would break left very quickly and pray for the best. Harder for him to track me with the cars widshield structure in the way. Would draw once I knew I was out of danger of taking aimed fire.

ETA: Scenario wouldnt happen though, I wouldnt stand out and try to film a guy shooting someone
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
I whip out my dick and start swinging it in a circular motion while yelling ‘helicopter , helicopter, HELICOPTER’ loudly in hopes to reset the gunners OODA loop long enough for me to get to safety or put rounds down range.
View Quote

Which defensive pistol class does one take to learn this?  Asking for a friend…
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_3273_jpeg-3202068.JPG

You walk out of a store in the city. See a person down on the ground with a vehicle right next to him. The driver pulls out a handgun and points it straight at you. You are armed (concealed carry).

Do you stand your ground, draw and fire, knowing you’ve already been beat?

Do you try to reason with the armed driver?

Are you moving off center? Are you moving left? Right? Down? Are you drawing while moving or focusing 100% on getting out of there?

What would your actions be?

View Quote

"...knowing you've already been beat?"

I'd make a good Act of Contrition. Then maybe try to talk to the guy because I can talk faster than i can run.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top