Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:55:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PlaneJane] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xd341:
Ahh....the heady days of meritocracy.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Actually in the Sub service in particular meritocracy is the law....something about being hundreds of feet underwater in a steel tube with a nuclear reactor at one end and thousands of pounds of explosives at the other tends to keep the bullshit to a minimum.
View Quote

OK.  Every I time get into a conversation with the Navy, I swear I’ll never do it again. It’s like those goddamn Hormel tamales. After a year, I think “How bad can they be?” So, decide to give them a shot.  And after fifteen minutes, I swear I’ll never do it again.

ETA: I believe the gentlemen I was talking with previously were surface war types.  And by the by, what percentage of Navy personal are Submarine Service.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

No ma'am I do not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:

I would be fine with all women subs but mixing them is stupid because humans are humans. That's also the reason behind no gays.

The entire idea is you shouldn't serve with people you could possibly be attracted to, because that will distract from the task at hand.

Well, I suppose that could be a factor.  But my real point was that I don’t want a an American mother or father to lose a child because the person next to them was a diversity hire. Do you?

No ma'am I do not.

I was confident that would be the case.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
OP your premise is bull- eh, never mind. https://fxtwitter.com/ShuratHaDin/status/1784568568022966506
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#4]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:
OP your premise is bull- eh, never mind. https://fxtwitter.com/ShuratHaDin/status/1784568568022966506
View Quote

The next series of vids should be entertaining, I hope they can fly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]

OK.  Every I time get into a conversation with the Navy, I swear I'll never do it again. It's like those goddamn Hormel tamales. After a year, I think "How bad can they be?" So, decide to give them a shot.  And after fifteen minutes, I swear I'll never do it again.

ETA: I believe the gentlemen I was talking with previously were surface war types.  And by the by, what percentage of Navy personal are Submarine Service.

View Quote
I'm not sure, looks like 73 boats...figure 130 per...like 10K serving on actual subs. The boomers have two crews..so give or take.  Not a lot. All volunteer and the reason I specifically mentioned subs in regards to meritocracy is the qualification process all crew have to go through, can take a year, essentially peer reviewed and encompasses most of the major systems on the boat.   So that in a life or death emergency you can act with knowledge regardless of the area of the boat or casualty you might experience.

Gender plays no part.  You either know your shit or you don't.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm growing potatoes this year because some dick squirrels ate all my Virginia peanuts I planted.

I'm not even that mad I'm sure they were like FUCKING JACKPOT
View Quote

The squirrels didn’t recognize your right to grow peanuts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JamPo:

View All Quotes

I'm growing potatoes this year because some dick squirrels ate all my Virginia peanuts I planted.

It's almost like rights are made up
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

The squirrels didn't recognize your right to grow peanuts.

Oh they recognized your right to grow them, they didn't recognize your right to keep them.  Or you didn't recognize their right to take them, almost like sometimes it takes force to secure you rights.

Shall I ask my FIL for his anti-red squirrel field manual?, he has a pool....I think that plays a big part in his interrogations....
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh they recognized your right to grow them, they didn't recognize your right to keep them.  Or you didn't recognize their right to take them, almost like sometimes it takes force to secure you rights.

Shall I ask my FIL for his anti-red squirrel field manual?, he has a pool....I think that plays a big part in his interrogations....
View All Quotes

The squirrels didn't recognize your right to grow peanuts.

I am rather impressed by the squirrels. They had a 100% success rate.

They can live for now. If they try to eat my potatoes they will poisoned by Solanine, which is yet another reason potatoes are really cool.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By thepantydropper:

Force is entirely under the dominion of men.

For example, if all men woke up tomorrow and decided women no longer had rights, there is nothing women could do to stop it.

Alternatively, if women woke up tomorrow and decided men no longer had rights, they would be unable to enforce it because men could easily stop it.
View Quote

Well, except for all those pesky armed women.  Dang.  I guess force isn't entirely under the dominion of men.

Oh, no, I'll get reported for derailing the thread for not lockstepping with the misogyny here.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:34:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#11]
Originally Posted By Alex_F:

Well, except for all those pesky armed women.  Dang.  I guess force isn't entirely under the dominion of men.

Oh, no, I'll get reported for derailing the thread for not lockstepping with the misogyny here.  
View All Quotes

For example, if all men woke up tomorrow and decided women no longer had rights, there is nothing women could do to stop it.

Alternatively, if women woke up tomorrow and decided men no longer had rights, they would be unable to enforce it because men could easily stop it.

Originally Posted By SF1058:
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:
OP THAT IS REAL RETARDED

Even if I grant you that rights must be backed by force, by your fucked up interpretation, only the strong have rights, the strongest of strong men specifically. You miss two key realities. First:

The gun equalized all.

Men and women of all sizes can defend their rights.

That is why we are on Arfcom.

Second: societies operate systems of laws and governments to protect rights. That is what separated pre-gunpowder societies and even ancient civilizations for example, the Greek/Egyptian/Chinese Shang from small bands of barbarians where the biggest guy called the shots.

And you’d be wrong.  Women don’t have the will or capacity for overwhelming violence that’s innate in most men…

Don't be that_guy folks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

I just looked up the last Olympics and men beat women at every shooting contest
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Sir, this is a potato thread.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe I will try power lifting clearly women will win there.

Oh wait, maybe I should look at sports like gymnastics and ice skating where grace and beauty meet physical? Because women are beautiful creatures and us retards legit can never be graceful or beautiful?

Nah, let's just pretend women are physically and mentally the exact same as men
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

View All Quotes

Again, my fault and my apologies.

If you put a little oil on your baked potato you get a wonderful crunchy skin when you bake it. Crunchy potato skin is just amazing.

You can 2x this hack by using animal fat
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#16]

If you put a little oil on your baked potato you get a wonderful crunchy skin when you bake it. Crunchy potato skin is just amazing.

View All Quotes

I have 22# of pig fat in the freezer....I'm running low.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Yeah, but can they chug?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

Yeah, but can they chug?
View All Quotes

Yeah, but can they chug?

This dude can't. Honestly I am downright terrible at it.

I cleared the rifle range the fastest at East last year. But I finished middle of the pack because my chug sucks ass and I need to work on upper body strength more.

Luckily there were both men and women there to call me a faggot and motivate me to be better
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, but can they chug?
View All Quotes

Yeah, but can they chug?

It depends on the substance....

Fear Factor Moments | Donkey Juice
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I take a weeklong break from the internet and the first thread I see here is about women's rights not being real. Holy shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
I take a weeklong break from the internet and the first thread I see here is about women's rights not being real. Holy shit.
View Quote

We also are discussing potatoes and that no rights are real btw
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Might makes right. That's as real as anything.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Dude the crunchy skin on a baked potato is so awesome.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

You're pretty much caught up
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not sure, looks like 73 boats...figure 130 per...like 10K serving on actual subs. The boomers have two crews..so give or take.  Not a lot. All volunteer and the reason I specifically mentioned subs in regards to meritocracy is the qualification process all crew have to go through, can take a year, essentially peer reviewed and encompasses most of the major systems on the boat.   So that in a life or death emergency you can act with knowledge regardless of the area of the boat or casualty you might experience.

View All Quotes

OK.  Every I time get into a conversation with the Navy, I swear I'll never do it again. It's like those goddamn Hormel tamales. After a year, I think "How bad can they be?" So, decide to give them a shot.  And after fifteen minutes, I swear I'll never do it again.

ETA: I believe the gentlemen I was talking with previously were surface warfare types.  And by the by, what percentage of Navy personal are Submarine Service.

OK. Wiki says approximately 60,000 officers and enlisted personnel in the Submarine Service.  Again from Wiki, 335,000 AD personnel in the Navy. That leaves a considerable number for something other than  “Gender plays no part. You know your shit or you don’t.”
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#26]

OK. Wiki says approximately 60,000 officers and enlisted personnel in the Submarine Service.  Again from Wiki, 335,000 AD personnel in the Navy. That leaves a considerable number for something other than  “Gender plays no part. You know your shit or you don’t.”
View All Quotes

ETA: I believe the gentlemen I was talking with previously were surface warfare types.  And by the by, what percentage of Navy personal are Submarine Service.

Women and men like each other.

When men and women are in society, conflicts occur. This is normal and natural in every day life.

This does not work in war. The distraction of attraction must not exist. The entire focus must be on the mission.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
And squirrel jihad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#28]

OK. Wiki says approximately 60,000 officers and enlisted personnel in the Submarine Service.  Again from Wiki, 335,000 AD personnel in the Navy. That leaves a considerable number for something other than  "Gender plays no part. You know your shit or you don't."
View Quote
Ok..you lost me...what point are you trying to make?  

You were talking about not wanting diversity hires to get people killed, I mentioned subs because everyone has to Qual and it's a big deal on subs, so less of a chance that a diversity hire gets through ...your saying the navy has plenty of room for fuckups not in subs?

No argument there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#29]
You can make the argument all rights are illusory, but women's certain peoples' rights definitely are.

Let's think this through logically.

In order for a right to exist, it must be enforced.

To enforce a right, you must use force.

For example, if all White men woke up tomorrow and decided women non-White men no longer had rights, there is nothing women anyone could do to stop it.

Alternatively, if women non-White men woke up tomorrow and decided White men no longer had rights, they would be unable to enforce it because White men could easily stop it.

That brings me to my last point, feminism reality.

Feminism Minorities and women can only exist as long as White men allow it them to exist.

Take your typical feminist liberal. They claim they live in an oppressive patriarchal structure.

How do they combat it?

By using White men in this patriarchal structure to fight against it as a scapegoat to push their feministic radical ideals. It's quite ironic.

Thus, most women non-White men in positions of power are merely wielding the levers of power to create additional illusory rights that don't and couldn't actually exist.
View Quote
In before my ban?

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PlaneJane] [#30]
Ok..you lost me...what point are you trying to make?  

You were talking about not wanting diversity hires to get people killed, I mentioned subs because everyone has to Qual and it's a big deal on subs, so less of a chance that a diversity hire gets through ...your saying the navy has plenty of room for fuckups not in subs?

No argument there.
View Quote

Yeah, basically.

Thanks, You made me laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Yeah, basically.

Thanks, You made me laugh out loud.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I have a very distinct code of when I am 100% absolutely willing to lose my life (and I won’t go into it here) but I would absolutely go into the front lines or be in a perch if it meant becoming basically chattel to men.

Before I succumbed I would hope I could take at as least as many as Lyudmila
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#33]
And squirrel jihad.
View All Quotes

And squirrel jihad.

And Iowans
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lovetheduns:

I have a very distinct code of when I am 100% absolutely willing to lose my life (and I won’t go into it here) but I would absolutely go into the front lines or be in a perch if it meant becoming basically chattel to men.

Before I succumbed I would hope I could take at as least as many as Lyudmila
View Quote

But how many baked potatoes can you eat in one sitting?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#35]
One. If that lol

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lovetheduns:
One. If that lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#37]
You can make the argument all rights are illusory, but women's rights definitely are.

That brings me to my last point, feminism.

Feminism can only exist as long as men allow it to exist.

Take your typical feminist. They claim they live in an oppressive patriarchal structure.

How do they combat it?

By using men in this patriarchal structure to fight against it to push their feministic ideals. It's quite ironic.

Thus, most women in positions of power are merely wielding the levers of power to create additional illusory rights that don't and couldn't actually exist.
View Quote
This will inflame a lot of people but that doesn't make them any less correct
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#38]
Originally Posted By trout3:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trout3:
You can make the argument all rights are illusory, but women's rights definitely are.

That brings me to my last point, feminism.

Feminism can only exist as long as men allow it to exist.

Take your typical feminist. They claim they live in an oppressive patriarchal structure.

How do they combat it?

By using men in this patriarchal structure to fight against it to push their feministic ideals. It's quite ironic.

Thus, most women in positions of power are merely wielding the levers of power to create additional illusory rights that don't and couldn't actually exist.

Where do bears fall into this thread? Asking for a buddy™.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:
The gun equalized all.

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#40]
lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#41]
https://tomwoods.com/ep-2494-how-liberal-democracies-become-tyrannies/

There is always someone in charge.
All rights are illusions.
The Constitution is a snapshot in time, to include Virginian objections to it.

You will always be ruled, but by whom?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#42]
The OP didn't even take it far enough.

Not only are women's rights made up, so are men's. To his point, women's are much much easier to take away because they're physically weaker. But so are men's rights. It is really easy to kill men as well.

No one has any rights, except what they choose to enforce by violence
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#43]
The longer we ignore human nature the more we suffer.

Most people want to be ruled.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top