Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 4:10:51 PM EDT
I get a lot of wind around my house and between my house and shop. I’m wondering if I can get 4 or 5 win speed meters that can all transmit data wifi or something so I can monitor and try placing wind barriers in different places before constructing permanent things.

I could buy individual $100 units and place them around but I’m wondering if there’s a cheaper option since I only care about wind and don’t need a whole sensor package.

Anyone done something like this before?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
just put orange flagging tape on stakes and whatnot in the area you want to monitor then point a security camera at it if you want to watch, or just record with something cheap and review.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You cannot stop the wind with a simple barrier.  It will go around and over anything and everything you erect.

You need a building/tunnel.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a speedometer app on your phone and run with the wind?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You cannot stop the wind with a simple barrier.  It will go around and over anything and everything you erect.

You need a building/tunnel.

View Quote

Some barriers may in fact make the wind more intense in certain areas. I have a site with 2 shop buildings on it, one is 12K sq ft 60' x 200' running north to south and the other is 4K sq ft oriented east to west, they are separated by about 30'. Just a slight breeze gets pumped up between the buildings into a door slamming trash can rolling wind, really crazy dynamics right there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top