Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vikingsouthpaw:
While doing a similar thing, I was told by other group members that food increases the number of ladies that attend.
View Quote

Like sausages?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:

Like sausages?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scrambler28:
Originally Posted By Vikingsouthpaw:
While doing a similar thing, I was told by other group members that food increases the number of ladies that attend.

Like sausages?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 8nbait:

LOL    OP is 49.  He would be in his 70's when he kids would graduate HS even if he could find someone half his age who thought his net worth was was enough.
View Quote

What other reason is there to entangle yourself with a woman who might have notions of relationship longevity, as implied by the choice of his hunting grounds?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you never know until you go.

give it a shot  
View Quote

At 46 and divorced a year and a half ago I'd say I would go if I were you. S*** man I'd roll with you. Our church never does that, pretty small get together over here though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I would guess far more women than men in attendance to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My guess is that she might be there looking for you.  Get your ass over there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rlm0n0:

At 46 and divorced a year and a half ago I'd say I would go if I were you. S*** man I'd roll with you. Our church never does that, pretty small get together over here though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you never know until you go.

give it a shot  

I do think it would be better to go with a friend. I've talked to a buddy of mine about it and he's game, but I will likely go solo the first time out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
That might send the wrong message.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Enjoy the casseroles.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
SITPAPP? (Sit in the pew and post pics)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#12]
What church OP? I’ll send my son.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Fat.

Lots of fat.

And totally fucking insane broken level of crazy.

But also fat.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
"You cannot win, if you do not play." -S. Forbert
View Quote

“If you’re going through Hell, keep Going.”  - W. Churchill
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I was talking to a friend about this just yesterday.  Similar situation re Christian based singles group.  He went for about a year.  He's married now though he met his wife through a different Christian outlet.

He referred to the land of misfit toys.  He didn't say anything to indicate the ratio of men to women was off.

His general message was you have to do the work in separating the wheat from the chaff.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Sartorius:
What denomination?

I'm still gonna bet there are more women there than men. Women like church more than men.
View Quote

Yep, all searching for their next victim.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
You have nothing to lose from going.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#18]
If you don't go, then you will always wonder if you missed out on finding the one. So go.

When you arrive, go up to the hottest woman there and introduce yourself. Then tell her that you are there to hopefully find a beautiful woman to get to know. Then ask her if she knows anyone who fits that description she could introduce you to.  Her ego will be enraged and she won't be able to get you out of her head.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
What church OP? I'll send my son.
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
That's the age the carousel riders are realizing it's their time to pay so they are looking for a simp to settle down with & begin their personal retirement. They are changed & not into all that freaky stuff they did with men the previous 20-30 years, they need a serious guy that can love them at their worst.

Probably more females there than men.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
Fat.

Lots of fat.

But also fat.
View Quote
I know a single mom in her mid 30's who's big into the church stuff. She quite attractive but fucking shit the bed and roll around in it crazy. I actually asked my buddies wife the other day who knows her better why X always has a new boyfriend or single, she's definitely not gross? She's said "because she's fucking nuts" lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Stop guessing and go.  Report on percentages.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Used to help my church with security for the over 50 events, usually there were more women than men.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#25]
You have nothing to lose and if you go you can provide some entertainment for us later.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#26]
A friend of mine asked me to go to a single's night with him as a wingman. This was I while back and we were both in our late 20s. It was a church thing.  My memory was that there were quite a few good-looking women and some of them were pretty wild.  The guys were a bunch of brooding, awkward desperate for love types. My buddy and I were fresh meat and got a lot of attention from women in their 30s and 40s. The guys saw us as competition, and it was a weird scene.   I think he ended up with a pretty cute girl for a short term thing.  

So to answer your question OP. It will likely be a sausage fest but if you are a decent looking confident guy and have the ability to talk and be charming, you will have fun.  It is never a bad idea to put yourself out there and do something like this.  Make the best of it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 80085:
The women who attend will certainly be Heavy and Hairy.

@midcap
View Quote

They will also have bad and un-Christian attitudes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 80085:
The women who attend will certainly be Heavy and Hairy.

@midcap
View Quote

Been to a bar lately.

Ask midcap
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I forget the Church that said this back in the 90's, but the #1 place to find a good matching partner with matching morals wasn't Church.  Shockingly it was through volunteer work.  It's more specific than just going to Church.  It's shared morals and common interests.  I'm pretty sure it was the Catholic Church that said that as my Mother gave me the article and we were Catholic.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By anesvick:
Used to help my church with security for the over 50 events, usually there were more women than men.
View Quote

Now here is some solid Intel!

I don't know, OP, I may have to take back my earlier comment.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Kind of depends. Depends on what kind of church it is and what it's made of.

Around here there are a lot of churches that are sort of non-denominational, We accept everybody sorts of places. If you were to attend such an event there, just about everything is going to be damaged good either currently recovering or previously recovered from some sort of addiction and probably three or four deep with some other guys kids.

Depending on the demographic in your area, you might fare much better. Around here, only places you could ever imagine posting an event like that would be the places you wouldn't want to go. All the respectable churches are super uptight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anesvick] [#33]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Wat? Security for an over 50 event? They must be pretty frisky.
View Quote
Shitty neighborhood and the hoodrats could smell church food a mile away.  

Some were pretty frisky though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Around here, east TN, that's the place to meet women and don't think for a moment it's a bunch of prudish old maids……just women that want some vitamin D but their socio-cultural norms figure into the equation and they go this route vs the bar scene….it also helps that there are no bars around here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Don’t women attend church at higher rates than men? I would assume the opposite of your hypothesis, OP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Get there an hour early and watch who attends as they enter.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Depends on the church.

I was going to a Calvary Chapel affiliate church in Colo Spgs, our singles group was kept on the straight and narrow path.

Now the Denver based church as a different story.

Sinners do sinner things.   Some try to justify it with age or loneliness etc.

And there are some predators out there, too, to be aware of.    Not true born again but players thinking they have a target-rich environment of women that don't have the same luggage as "club women"      

In some cases they are wrong about that, too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GDaawg:

Tinder is full of thots, fatties, and the mentally ill.  

Don't lower your standards OP.
View Quote

Well, some sage advice was given to me as a young man: with a condom your peepee never actually touches a ladies vagina. And, pussy got no face.

Standards are for commitment evaluation. Tinder is for getting certain needs met.

It was a joke for OP cause a Church mixer is the antithesis of Tinder.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anesvick:

Someone spiked the punch!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
Fat.

Lots of fat.

But also fat.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pdm:
Around here, east TN, that's the place to meet women and don't think for a moment it's a bunch of prudish old maids……just women that want some vitamin D but their socio-cultural norms figure into the equation and they go this route vs the bar scene….it also helps that there are no bars around here.
View Quote

Have t go to VFW or Elks to buy a drink?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Go. Definitely go. I got so much pussy at Christian functions.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#44]
When I was single I joined a Bible study group. I was the only male. It was all older cat ladies.

I predict very slim pickins.

Then I went Contra Dancing with a female friend. It’s like Irish square dancing. Way more women than men. Some of the women would wear a necktie and assume the male roll during the dances.

That worked out way better than Bible study.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dano556x45mm] [#45]
The broads there will be single for a reason.  They couldn't keep a man then, they sure as hell can't now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Honestly, I think you should go. You might be surprised. I know of a few 30 something's who met their spouses at church functions.

Worst case it's a bust and you can report back and laughs will be had.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Fatties.
Divorcees.
Widows.
With kids.

But they'll have a great personality.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Don’t do it!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Likely more women than men but single women between the ages of 30-50 is not the first round draft pics… very likely there is a solid reason why they are single at that age. Tread cautiously
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By thawntex:
Well if I don't go at least I have this thread for tonight's entertainment
View Quote

Eharmony was huge because that's where girls who weren't whores went to meet guys who weren't whores, so they could hook up, not feel dirty and not get diseases.  

I met a lot of very classy whores that way

I think church groups are where you go meet nice normal girls who aren't whoring it out at the bars.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top