Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/26/2024 10:59:15 PM EDT
A long time ago we had the army pursuing Indians across the country and protecting the settlers. They used to protect the border from Mexican incursions. Why aren't they doing that now with the border being overrun by illegal aliens?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#2]
“They” want an open boarder. Why would they send the Army.

Edit Also I’ve known tons of guys who spent time on the boarder conducting surveillance and doing hand offs to boarder patrol. When they were deporting people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Because we lost a few rifles and almost lost a private last time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
OP is from Texas and was in the military and he honestly does not know the answer.

Biden's handlers and the dems want millions more illegals in so they can be counted in the next census to gain more power and funding . The dems will wait until the timing is right and claim there are so many "migrants" in America that they can no longer be left in the shadows. The dems will whip the illegals into a frenzy and they will all be demanding citizenship aka voting rights. That is when 30-50 million illegals come forward and America is over instantly.

Remember Chuck the schmuck Schumer stated amnesty for however many illegals were in America.

If Trump is stupid enough to pick Rubio aka Gang of 8 aka Mr. Amnesty I might vote Biden just to help speed the inevitable fall into the abyss along.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
In case a 2-services vet really doesn't know, it's this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Of course, we SHOULD have the Army at thh border, doing REAL Army things, but that will never happen, especially with the Perv Administration in power.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Because that would disrupt the plan, which is working well for the Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTM1:
OP is from Texas and was in the military and he honestly does not know the answer.

Biden's handlers and the dems want millions more illegals in so they can be counted in the next census to gain more power and funding . The dems will wait until the timing is right and claim there are so many "migrants" in America that they can no longer be left in the shadows. The dems will whip the illegals into a frenzy and they will all be demanding citizenship aka voting rights. That is when 30-50 million illegals come forward and America is over instantly.

Remember Chuck the schmuck Schumer stated amnesty for however many illegals were in America.

If Trump is stupid enough to pick Rubio aka Gang of 8 aka Mr. Amnesty I might vote Biden just to help speed the inevitable fall into the abyss along.
View Quote

I took the OP's post differently, like why in the hell is our army not on the border stopping this nightmare?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
A long time ago we had the army pursuing Indians across the country and protecting the settlers. They used to protect the border from Mexican incursions. Why aren't they doing that now with the border being overrun by illegal aliens?
View Quote

The military exists to kill people and break things. They’re not suited for policing.

Which is part of the reason Posse Comitatus act prevents use of the military for domestic law enforcement outside a few very specific exceptions.

Illegal entry is a criminal and civil legal matter. Even on the criminal side it’s a misdemeanor unless the person has been formally deported before.

And even if the military were there it wouldn’t make any difference. They’re be under the same restrictions as DHS /US BP, and there would be the same lack of consequences for anyone they arrested.

The same DHS /US BP infrastructure and forces we have now were able to get operational control of the border during the Trump administration because there were timely consequences for illegal border crossers.

Anyone who thinks / suggests the U.S. military is going to go to the border and start using belt fed machine guns on unarmed civilians over a misdemeanor is a damn fool.

The fact is everyone with real power in this country wants migrants. The Democrats think they are more likely to be future Democratic voters, the Republicans and the business community want them as both workers and consumers for demographic and economic reasons.

Hell, the US military has been full of immigrants for the past 200 years. Given the current recruiting issues and the appalling number of American youth physically unfit for military service we’re likely to need them for military demographics as well.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would they be defending the country when the marxists in charge of the country want to destroy the country?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HCM3156:

The military exists to kill people and break things. They’re not suited for policing.

Which is part of the reason Posse Comitatus act prevents use of the military for domestic law enforcement outside a few very specific exceptions.

Illegal entry is a criminal and civil legal matter. Even on the criminal side it’s a misdemeanor unless the person has been formally deported before.

And even if the military were there it wouldn’t make any difference. They’re be under the same restrictions as DHS /US BP, and there would be the same lack of consequences for anyone they arrested.

The same DHS /US BP infrastructure and forces we have now were able to get operational control of the border during the Trump administration because there were timely consequences for illegal border crossers.

Anyone who thinks / suggests the U.S. military is going to go to the border and start using belt fed machine guns on unarmed civilians over a misdemeanor is a damn fool.

The fact is everyone with real power in this country wants migrants. The Democrats think they are more likely to be future Democratic voters, the Republicans and the business community want them as both workers and consumers for demographic and economic reasons.

Hell, the US military has been full of immigrants for the past 200 years. Given the current recruiting issues and the appalling number of American youth physically unfit for military service we’re likely to need them for military demographics as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A whole lot of "we can't, so we just roll over and take it" vibes.

The military's #1 job is to protect America.

POTUS could issue orders to do so through executive authority.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
View Quote

“Last time”

You mean now?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:25:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: maxima2] [#12]
View Quote
Because Biden wants the illegals to come here.

New York already said they want to let them vote in elections.

Other states will follow.

You must have been asleep for 3 years?

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m constantly amazed by the simple naivety of so many people here.  

The Democrats Want the constant flow of immigrants.    Many Republicans do too.    

You don’t have to Like it, but you do need to accept it as Fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
I'm constantly amazed by the simple naivety of so many people here.  

You don't have to Like it, but you do need to accept it as Fact.
View Quote
QFT.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The Low IQ Left wants the border open because that's bad for America.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:26:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mah_lee] [#16]

View Quote

It could be that or the sort of mental cope you see in a lot of border threads, i.e. start dictating
"set up landmine fields, machine guns with overlapping fields of fire" knowing full well no one
who actually makes the decisions wants to even turn people away, let alone order groups of illegals be cut down
Totally powerless, but you get to feel something typing out the command. Happens all the time  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:40:11 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Because it would work to end the invasion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Were you allowed to arrest invaders?

Were you allowed to push invaders back?

Were you authorized to use deadly force to protect the border?

No you weren’t.

Maybe we can call the invaders “Russians” and maybe the Uniparty will give a fuck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Remember when Marines shot the kid out plinking on his property....
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:

It could be that or the sort of mental cope you see in a lot of border threads, i.e. start dictating
"set up landmine fields, machine guns with overlapping fields of fire" knowing full well no one
who actually makes the decisions wants to even turn people away, let alone order groups of illegals be cut down
Totally powerless, but you get to feel something typing out the command. Happens all the time  

View All Quotes

You do not seem to understand that the barbarians are at the gates.

I used to be a professional machine gunner. I am willing to come out of inactive status to save our country.

There are many more vets like me who understand what is at stake and will "set up landmine fields, machine guns with overlapping fields of fire" if called upon.

A nation that caters to invaders over its citizens is doomed to failure.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

They are invaders and the end result of them
Not being stopped is the 3rd world destroying the Western world,

They WILL vote dem, that’s one of the problems. Rome thought as you did towards the end how did that work out for them?

If you showed a group of invaders getting mowed down on tv south of the border/around the world do you think it would encourage or discourage invaders?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:52:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Silence:
Remember when Marines shot the kid out plinking on his property....
View Quote

“This one time, something bad happened, therefore you can’t exist”-Shitlibs.

How about we move on from that singular example and move towards sanity?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
View Quote
Why have the Army on the border when they won't let them shoot invaders?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By maxima2:
Because Biden wants the illegals to come here.

New York already said they want to let them vote in elections.

Other states will follow.

You must have been asleep for 3 years?

View Quote

But declaring martial law to end this madness is not acceptable to some here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
The army should be us, but we are to scared and worried about ta ta and my shity pension which will evaporate into 0.
there ya go
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:00:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Frank762:

I used to be a professional machine gunner. I am willing to come out of inactive status to save our country.

There are many more vets like me who understand what is at stake and will "set up landmine fields, machine guns with overlapping fields of fire" if called upon.

View Quote

I and millions of citizens will join you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By greyeyezz:
The army should be us, but we are to scared and worried about ta ta and my shity pension which will evaporate into 0.
there ya go
View Quote

Or the Feds arresting US for doing their fucking job. They won’t arrest MS13 for trafficking fent and kids but they will arrest you for stopping them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:09:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mah_lee] [#28]

View Quote

No one is going to give you those orders, at least for the foreseeable future.

That's not a moral judgment, just the reality. I've ranted and raved about needing to severely curtail all immigration on arf for forever, but it's
important to recognize what's actually up. The only way the border of a soverign state gets defended, is if the state decides that.

An equivalent cope would be a lib commanding the decision makers to ban all gas and diesel cars, and hell throw in a 100% solar energy grid too, tomorrow.
Just not going to happen, but people feel good dictating it
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#29]

That's not a moral judgment, just the reality. I've ranted and raved about needing to severely curtail all immigration on arf for forever, but it's
important to recognize what's actually up. The only way the border of a soverign state gets defended, is if the state decides that.

An equivalent cope would be a lib commanding the decision makers to ban all gas and diesel cars, and hell throw in a 100% solar energy grid too, tomorrow.
View All Quotes

No, no one is going to give me those orders.

No, I do not have a machine gun either.

I do not wish for an equivalent cope.

I want to shut the gates.

Nothing else matters at this point in our country's path.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

Or the Feds arresting US for doing their fucking job. They won’t arrest MS13 for trafficking fent and kids but they will arrest you for stopping them.
View All Quotes

There are a ton of MS13 gang dudes that get arrested daily not to mention catching traffickers.

I and millions of citizens will join you.

Where have you been?

But declaring martial law to end this madness is not acceptable to some here.

"Tyranny is okay when I do it"

So the Patriot act is good now, huh?

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
“They” want an open border. Why would they send the Army.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Our government is actively and openly destroying our republic right in front of our eyes.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I agree with OP, but our views are contrary to that of Bathhouse Barry and other puppet masters of Pedo Pedro.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

View Quote
I ask to start a conversation. I know about posse comitatus. We can't use the military, the feds aren't doing anything useful, national guard is effective, but leaves gaps in our defense. They are deployed to stop the public crossing, but are not helping with the traffickers that have an intelligence network of their own.
The flood of drugs flowing across the border is not a civil matter and hasn't been for a long time. It is an attack on the country. Just one of many, mind you. We should be treating it as an attack and respond with military force. Apaches could take out the drug convoys coming up through the border. Hell, call it a training exercise. We need real men to handle this. We need a plan that works. The politicians don't follow the law, maybe we shouldn't either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Frank762:A whole lot of "we can't, so we just roll over and take it" vibes.

The military's #1 job is to protect America.

POTUS could issue orders to do so through executive authority.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Seriously OP?  If anyone in DC gave a shit about closing off the southern border it would be done already.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Might make sense to just switch roles.

The police can be the military and the military can police.

All while cutting their budgets.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#39]
IKR?
What can WE do?
Set up shooting ranges across drug caravan routes?
Hold Cola War games in the areas of interest?
Sit on our hands as the world collapses?
I think this is what an unorganized militia could do, in Minecraft?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#40]
China won't let Joe do it.  They will cutoff 'business' payoffs to his crackhead son if he doesn't listen.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#41]
IKR?
What can WE do?
Set up shooting ranges across drug caravan routes?
Hold Cola War games in the areas of interest?
Sit on our hands as the world collapses?
I think this is what an unorganized militia could do, in Minecraft?
View Quote
You would have to defeat ICE first, since they protect the cartel human smuggling trade.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Our army should be set up five miles outside our border.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Ask them to join us? I hear they aren't too happy with the way things are now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HeckThomas:
View Quote
Mexico DMZ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Because globalists tell our bitch ass politicians what to do .
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:57:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#46]
Mexico DMZ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeckThomas:
Mexico DMZ?

Absolutely. Interdict the problem BEFORE they reach the US and become subject to US laws. We don't need a wall on the border, we need a wall in Mexico. Same reason we put AQ in Gitmo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#47]
If you close your eyes you can’t see them, if you can’t see them, they can’t see you.

My male cat does this when he’s napping where he’s not supposed to and I call his name.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#48]

No, no one is going to give me those orders.

No, I do not have a machine gun either.

I do not wish for an equivalent cope.

I want to shut the gates.

Nothing else matters at this point in our country's path.
View Quote

Not just shut the gates but repel invaders as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Because democrats are assholes that don't care about the country and just want to cheat harder to stay in power. What do I win?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Americans don't think the Invasion be like it is, but it do.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top