Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 10:35:50 AM EDT
I’m a Shimano guy and was looking to replace my Sahara 3000. Shimano had taken away the anti-reverse switch, but had added it back now.

First I went to BPS to see if I liked something more higher end (Ultegra, Spheros, Stradic). I have heard all great things about the Daiwa line so I tried them. Just dinking with them in the store, they do seem real nice. Especially as the Shimano seem to have a bit of a hitch when retrieving to close the bail. The Daiwa just snicked right over.

Anyway, my question is the Daiwa product line. What do you get when you go from the Fuego to the Procyon to the BG?

I see the Fuego is 5.3 while the Procyon is 6.2, but then the Fuego 2500 is 6.2. And the BG goes to 5.7?  What else makes the differences?  And does Daiwa even make a 500 or 750 size?  I wasn’t seeing anything smaller than 1000 and the counter guy said he didn’t think they had ultralights. Although I’m currently looking at 2500/3000 size, I may replace my ultralight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've caught tons of snook, peacock bass and snakeheads with a BG 5000 and I think 3000 series. I love them for what they are. I prefer them to the Penn Battle 2 for what that's worth.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the Stradic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well you guys weren’t much help, so I had to go and spend my money on my own.

I happened to find a NIB Tatula 3000 for $150. It’s the deep spool, which I wasn’t looking for but it’s no biggie and I’m not gonna say no to 25% off. Then I guess there’s some free shirt rebate or something going on too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top