Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2024 8:03:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540]
I don't care if you're pro or anti cop

Who the hell suits up for this sh*t day after day?

I'm grateful someone does, but I truly don't understand how they do it.  

Knoxville Police Officers Fatally Shoot Man Who Shot Woman in Front of Them
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like he shot the woman point blank in the face but she lived.

Wonder what the back story is.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Brutal shit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn that was fast.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah fuck all of that.

A few questions though as I'm always interested in how things work:

- From the youtube description, it says officers were there on a domestic call. From the video leading up to them going inside the home, I did not see/hear them say anything about seeing/hearing/knowing about a guy with a gun inside the house or that he had a chick up against the wall. How did they just casually open the door (which was unlocked) and enter the premises based on someone just calling and telling them something was going on?

- Had the door been locked and the cops don't see or hear anything. Then what?

- Wonder if the cops being there gave the guy the reaction to shoot the girl or if it was just perfect timing. Makes you wonder if that would have even happened if the cops never came.

- What's the over/under on the girl now suing the police for 'causing' the guy to shoot her?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Access requires signing up to Youtube - no, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pr24guy] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
Yeah fuck all of that.

- From the youtube description, it says officers were there on a domestic call. From the video leading up to them going inside the home, I did not see/hear them say anything about seeing/hearing/knowing about a guy with a gun inside the house or that he had a chick up against the wall. How did they just casually open the door (which was unlocked) and enter the premises based on someone just calling and telling them something was going on?

- Wonder if the cops being there gave the guy the reaction to shoot the girl or if it was just perfect timing. Makes you wonder if that would have even happened if the cops never came.

- What's the over/under on the girl now suing the police for 'causing' the guy to shoot her?
View Quote

All day long I've been waiting for someone to make a post that could only have come from a substance induced way of thinking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiskey1Alpha] [#8]
Originally Posted By pr24guy:

All day long I've been waiting for someone to make a post that could only have come from a substance induced way of thinking.
View Quote

Awesome, so answer the question.

Like I said, I don't know the answer, I'm not a cop nor would I have a desire to ever be one.

From just the video, they just go straight into the house. I'm basing it off of the only description on the youtube that says there was a call about a DV. For all I know dude was outside with a gun waving it around or holding it to the chicks head. Didn't see or hear about that from the video.

So anyone can call a DV in on your house and cops end up in your living room with guns pointed at you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCPatrolAR] [#9]
Yeah fuck all of that.

View Quote

their pistols were out for a reason

Side note:

HTF does Police Activity get all of that footage?  Are agencies that loose with the footage or are officers sending that stuff in?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
I'm not sure she was hit at all, they could be blurring out her face for privacy.  Or, he could have hit her a glancing shot I guess.

The cop was fast and accurate.
View Quote

She was hit.  In critical condition and will require reconstructive surgery.  Apparently a good bit of nerve damage along with brain trauma (at least according to the local news).
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
@Trollslayer

Try Freetube:  https://freetubeapp.io/

Private and no ads. No ads.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah fuck all of that.

View Quote

Here’s some answers…

https://www.wate.com/news/top-stories/kpd-releases-bodycam-footage-from-fatal-officer-involved-shooting-in-west-knoxville/
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Side note:

HTF does Police Activity get all of that footage?  Are agencies that loose with the footage or are officers sending that stuff in?
View Quote

It was released by KPD.  They are fairly quick to release bodycam footage since there are a number of professional race baiters in this state.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FourLoko] [#14]
Yeah fuck all of that.

View Quote

1. There had to be some call info that indicated what was going on. Could have been from a third party that was not present.

2. He was waiting for that moment. He could have shot her and been long gone.

3. Sadly, not a terrible question. Good luck, glad she lived.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

This was my first thought too.
Cop had weapon drawn upon arrival so they had to know something beyond a "run of the mill" domestic violence call or they had history at that residence. I was a cop for 10 yrs and I can't tell you how many times the victim sided with the abuser and would attack you as you were trying to protect them from the assault.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Records show that KPD responded to the same address Feb. 7 regarding a domestic disturbance. During that incident, Griffin fired a gun multiple times at Basurto's rear driver's side tires while she tried to get away from him after he became agitated.
In the February incident, records state Griffin was at the home when Basurto arrived. He had flowers, a warrant states, and he wanted to get back with her.
Basurto told police she didn't want to get back with him and he became "agitated and destroyed the flowers." When she tried to leave, he fired gunshots, according to the warrant.
Griffin was charged with reckless endangerment and vandalism after Basurto reported the incident to the police. He was scheduled to appear in court in May, according to records.
View Quote

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/bodycam-video-kpd-jamauri-griffin/51-dfd3ef1b-35c7-4b23-a63e-bc4f65b66053
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Can I send a FU and welcome to hell card?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Im sure he had beat her ass multiple times in the past
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#21]
But were the officers overweight?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

View Quote

Used a .40?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:

Used a .40?
View Quote

probably had the gun on his support side
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By doc540:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFnZIhvQ9YM
View Quote

That screen shot makes it look like he was looking out the window......he'd probaably would shot at the cops if they had gone to the front door.

BTW, this is one of the situations that has prompted cops to park away from a residence (and not turn on blue lights when parked like some advocate) when responding to domestics
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

Yep
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTM1:
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

Yep

Nope.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Side note:

View Quote

I wonder the same thing, so many videos!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

I wonder the same thing, so many videos!
View Quote

and they get the footage quick.

Hell we have shootings here and we never see the footage unless we were actually firing the shots or it gets released to the press and then the public sees it before we do.  Our footage is on massive lockdown
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MHowski:
Records show that KPD responded to the same address Feb. 7 regarding a domestic disturbance. During that incident, Griffin fired a gun multiple times at Basurto's rear driver's side tires while she tried to get away from him after he became agitated.
In the February incident, records state Griffin was at the home when Basurto arrived. He had flowers, a warrant states, and he wanted to get back with her.
Basurto told police she didn't want to get back with him and he became "agitated and destroyed the flowers." When she tried to leave, he fired gunshots, according to the warrant.
Griffin was charged with reckless endangerment and vandalism after Basurto reported the incident to the police. He was scheduled to appear in court in May, according to records.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/bodycam-video-kpd-jamauri-griffin/51-dfd3ef1b-35c7-4b23-a63e-bc4f65b66053

WTAF
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Rest in hell Jam.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought her face was blurred out.  It wasn't.

She had a plastic bag over her head and covering her face.  Like the mother fucker who was righteously shot dead made her put the bag on since he planned to shoot her in the face.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Rest in piss, you won't be missed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah fuck all of that.

View Quote
Ask why she had a plastic bag over her head.  Ask who made her put the bag over her head.  Ask why he would do that.  Ask why she was backed in a corner with a bag over her head.  Ask why he was pointing a gun at her face.  Ask why all of that happened before the police got there.  Ask why he shot her in the face the moment the police announced they were police.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Mogadishu was a quiet place and all it took was some Marines with A2's and an appropriate ROE
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Houstons_Problem:

She had a plastic bag over her head and covering her face.  Like the mother fucker who was righteously shot dead made her put the bag on since he planned to shoot her in the face.
View Quote

Quite possible, but more than likely he was intermittently suffocating her as punishment or torture.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Lay with dogs wake up with fleas.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#37]
Pretty tight work by the cops.

I count 7 shots, 4 yards? No hits on the hostage from them.

It all went down in what 5 seconds from entry?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By doc540:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFnZIhvQ9YM
View Quote
Money shot is around 0:45.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Jamauri was the second choice for names when naming my first boy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:48:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: contract] [#40]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#41]
It can literally fuck your mind up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#42]
That female is lucky to be alive and I hope she learned a valuable lesson.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

View Quote

You'd be surprised at how much of your head you don't really need for immediate, short-term survival. CNS hits. Anything else is just ad-hoc plastic surgery.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

#NeatFreak
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:37:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagger41] [#45]
He shot her in the face.

"On April 27, at 7:47 am, Winter Basurto was shot in the face in a domestic violence incident. She was home alone and was brutally assaulted and shot “point blank range”. Winter had a no contact order in place from a previous domestic assault charge months prior to this attack.
She’s had her first (of many) facial reconstruction surgeries on Sunday, April 28th.
Winter will require multiple surgeries including a tracheotomy & feeding tube over the next several months and years to repair the damage caused by the bullet.
Winter and her family have a very long road ahead of them -
I’m not only asking for your prayers at this time, I am also asking you to financially support this family in their time of need.
Her mother, Michelle Byrd Blakely is one of the most generous, loving people I know. There is so much uncertainty ahead of them .. medical bills, car payments, phone bills, rent and extreme psychological trauma for mother and daughter.
Please donate .. if you can only give $1 .. give $1!
It’s hard to imagine what this family is going through right now … let’s all work together to lift some of the financial burden off of them!"

https://www.gofundme.com/f/5q4nvu-cover-medical-expenses
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:23:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#47]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq03Jj9Ys4I
View Quote

Doing God's work. "For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy."  James 2:13
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Holy shit. Nice shooting.

How does an officer come down after something like that, damn.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Awesome, so answer the question.

Like I said, I don't know the answer, I'm not a cop nor would I have a desire to ever be one.

From just the video, they just go straight into the house. I'm basing it off of the only description on the youtube that says there was a call about a DV. For all I know dude was outside with a gun waving it around or holding it to the chicks head. Didn't see or hear about that from the video.

So anyone can call a DV in on your house and cops end up in your living room with guns pointed at you?
View Quote

Swatting, It was all the rage a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#50]

View Quote

Lol thats not a plastic bag

Shes wearing a robe

Prob just got out the shower

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top