Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/9/2024 6:37:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glocklover]
coming up with common sense solutions”, what do you think of the dumbass politicians who utter it?
Edited to correct the spelling of aisle in the title because I’m retarded.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what our politicians are doing on an island and why they cant just stay there
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Here? On the island? With politicians? This vacation sucks! Must be more of a junket
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Uniparty working together to fuck over Americans , as usual. I wonder what the average sell out price is .
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve never heard a Democrat want to reach across the aisle when they are in control.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Republicans and Democrats will stand together any time they can line their pockets with the money they steal from the US tax payers. As long as they both profit, they will agree to fuck us over every chance they get.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:
Uniparty working together to fuck over Americans , as usual. I wonder what the average sell out price is .
View Quote

Originally Posted By X-CaptHook:
I’ve never heard a Democrat want to reach across the aisle when they are in control.
View Quote

Originally Posted By macro:
Republicans and Democrats will stand together any time they can line their pockets with the money they steal from the US tax payers. As long as they both profit, they will agree to fuck us over every chance they get.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Here instead of hear
Commas instead of quotations
Isle instead of aisle

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
Here? On the island? With politicians? This vacation sucks! Must be more of a junket
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Uniparty went on a 3 hour tour, was hit by a storm and washed up on an island shore?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#11]
It was only supposed to be a 3 hour tour.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Shots fired.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#13]
They need their reach across hand smashed with a16# sledge and punched in the junk by Tyson.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:58:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#14]
I'm paying more attention to other things now.

They mama and they know it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Manchin did a couple of times.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:59:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#16]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

Token hire.
Small potatoes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Originally Posted By macro:

QFT!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I always assume it means both sides will fuck the dog shit out me/us, in broad daylight, as opposed to off camera how the usually do
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By C-ham:
Uniparty went on a 3 hour tour, was hit by a storm and washed up on an island shore?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I fixed everything
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Unfortunately,  the things they seem able to reach across the aisle on, are the things none of the taxpayers actually want.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By glocklover:
View Quote

Have more coffee and try again
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:17:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pineywoodsbuck] [#23]
Reaching across the aisle isn’t for D’s
It’s for R’s and it means they caved
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Fair enough
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#25]
It's easy to fuck over the People when basic English escapes them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#26]
All I hear when that is said, is a can being kicked down the road.

It means nobody is doing anything about it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Compromise is the formula for mediocrity. Mediocrity is the formula for failure. Our Critters are PROS at failing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#28]
It means that the Dems will get 100% of what they want (and maybe some extra),
and the Rhino's will get a token pork project victory nobody cares about.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Gov is about two things .

1: Punish Americans
2: Steal money
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#30]
“Dealmakers”
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I told my rep that the only time I wanted to see him "reach across the aisle" was to strangle someone.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#32]
"reach around"
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#33]
= “We just gave the Democrats what they wanted..”
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I always visualize both parties jerking each off as they pass legislation to screw the common man.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I think it is a republican giving everything to Ds with barely anything in return.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Common sense is not present in democrats.   That precludes them from agreeing to common sense ideas.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

More likely the Presidents escape pod landed on Manhattan Island and they're sending Snake in to recover him
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I think of Dan Crenshaw.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I hate democrats and I hate non-conservative RINOs. All politicians suck, those types just hate you and suck more.

"Reaching across the aisle" is analogous to republicans accepting that they're going to get a big dick in their ass.

I laugh when I hear those cucks talk about "taking the moral high ground". There are no moral congress critters, hence moral high ground doesn't exist.

I hate all politicians despite understanding the purpose they're supposed to fill for governance. However, I fucking hate and despise every fucking democrat (they can all fuck off and die), all of the RINOs (also can all go fuck off and die), and the vast majority of so-called conservatives who compromise on the constitution if it benefits them. If they aren't fucking you in the ass, they're facilitating someone else fucking you in the ass, and when called out they lie to your face and say that big dick in your ass isn't really a dick, and when they get caught lying, either say they're compromising by reaching-across-the-aisle, taking the moral high ground, or saving you from getting 87 other dicks in your ass, so shut up and be a good taxpaying subject.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

This.  First thing I can think of is ‘sellout’.  

Age limits and term limits need to be a thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#43]
When both parties cooperate on 'common sense solutions' to 'get things done' it means we're really going to get a royal fucking.  And if we try for a little Vaseline, they'll throw in a hand full of sand.

Cause in reality it means the demonrats will get 75% of what they want and they'll get the rest and more on the next round.

Republicans, as a group, are pussies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#44]
coming up with common sense solutions", what do you think of the dumbass politicians who utter it?
Edited to correct the spelling of aisle in the title because I'm retarded.
View Quote
common sense solutions = fuck you

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#45]
The common sense solution entails rolling back 87% of all legislation and 100% of all gun bills.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#46]
I think "fucking RINO's"
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#48]
I never, ever hear of Democrats reaching across the aisle to forward Republican-led initiatives.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey guys, when you hear a phrased used by people we don't like, don't you hate that?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:54:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#50]
coming up with common sense solutions”, what do you think of the dumbass politicians who utter it?
View Quote

I get the "our way or no way" attitude, but rejecting compromise and insisting on a hard line approach reflects a lack of understanding of the legislative process. It's a House of Representatives type of thinking and ignores the realities of a Senate.

In the real world, nothing gets past the Senate unless it can escape a filibuster. Unlike the House, debate and discussion doesn't end in the Senate until everyone has their say -- for as long as they want. I suppose some state senates have different rules, but in my state, a single senator can stop a bill from moving forward. Certainly, a handful of aligned senators can tie things up forever and nothing moves. In the U.S. Senate, it takes 60 votes to end debate and that's not going to happen often with an evenly split body.

The ultimate result of the senate's culture and rules is that almost nothing gets passed that both sides can't accept (if not agree to). There's no point trying to pass some extreme bill if you know the other side is just going to block it. That means that bills get negotiated to the point that everybody gets something out of the bargain and that the strongest/most extreme measures are watered down or simply eliminated. The requirement to get past the senate means that compromise is required. You or I may not like that, but it's the reality. The purpose of the senate is to be deliberative, to slow things down and prevent extreme shit from happening. That's not a bug. That's a feature.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top