Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:47:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RobertL] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Auxcoastie:

Had to be an AD, he still has blood in those veins.
View Quote

lol.   Good point.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Super nice day here in Tennessee. I have been wearing this newer Turtle for a couple of days now. I am really impressed with it. Accuracy better than expected. Everything a Seiko diver should be. I love the OEM rubber strap, although I think I will get an Uncle Seiko bracelet too. Ultimate summer lake watch, field watch, work in the yard beater. $396 at the PX out the door is hard to beat.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:48:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Oiparhon] [#8]
My daily wear watches I like Citizens

Who said quartz watches have no soul?

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Oiparhon:

View Quote

Big fan of the Eco-drives 👍
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 5thLegion:

Big fan of the Eco-drives 👍
View Quote

same, I like mine a lot.  Huge value IMO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
https://i.imgur.com/RgR3gaCh.jpg
View Quote

@DV8EDD

Is that a stock bezel or did you replace it???

…if so, where did you get it, that seems like it would work well on my Orient Ray II

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:39:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#13]
Originally Posted By Colt653:

@DV8EDD

Is that a stock bezel or did you replace it???

…if so, where did you get it, that seems like it would work well on my Orient Ray II

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2275/IMG_9409_jpeg-3197569.JPG
View Quote

Stock bezel that came on the Kanno.  I like it, though it scratches easily.  Got a couple spots I have hit with a sharpie.

ETA - info  on mods, not sure what options there are.   https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/kano-mods.5091783/
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#14]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Beautiful- the best of both dials! Shame they don’t make this today in 39mm case.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Snoopy!!!

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Awesome!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:

Awesome!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:

Awesome!  

I’ve been on the waiting list forever for this watch. My Dad was an Army pilot and Snoopy, specifically Flying Ace, was Dad’s spirit animal. He would add Snoopy drawings to his letters home to my Mom from Vietnam. I have his letter to her telling us he was coming home from Vietnam framed at our house in Missouri. I’ll post a photo of it next time I’m there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Fantastic watch and RPN master race background.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RobertL:

I’ve been on the waiting list forever for this watch. My Dad was an Army pilot and Snoopy, specifically Flying Ace, was Dad’s spirit animal. He would add Snoopy drawings to his letters home to my Mom from Vietnam. I have his letter to her telling us he was coming home from Vietnam framed at our house in Missouri. I’ll post a photo of it next time I’m there.
View Quote

How cool is that?! Neat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Super nice day here in Tennessee. I have been wearing this newer Turtle for a couple of days now. I am really impressed with it. Accuracy better than expected. Everything a Seiko diver should be. I love the OEM rubber strap, although I think I will get an Uncle Seiko bracelet too. Ultimate summer lake watch, field watch, work in the yard beater. $396 at the PX out the door is hard to beat.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112468/IMG_3434_jpeg-3197457.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112468/IMG_3435_jpeg-3197458.JPG
View Quote

Sweet.  I have the SRP777 from half a dozen years ago or so.  So happy they released a 6306/6309 homage.

But…
I want the Lume dot on the correct end of the seconds hands, and no big PS/X symbol.  Like they were meant to be.

I could live with the PS/X symbol in the little small location like the SUWA symbol was on the eaelyn6306/6309s.

But I still want my seconds Lume dot in the right place.
Regardless, I still keep meaning to snag the SRPE93 update.
All I can see different is the extra Lume indice next to the day/date at 3 o’clock.

The 6306/6309/srp777/srpe93 is the Toyota HiLux of dive watches.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ramairthree] [#25]
Still going with the Sharkhunter.

Dogs still doing good.

Other than always getting wet.  

The little pond was a present for the wife that could have been a new sub or sd purchase instead.

Damn women.

But so could the zero turn that cuts my pasture mowing time in half compared to the 60 inch PTO cutter on the tractor.

But..
Is it really for me if it’s mostly her horse pastures?
Double damn women.

Hell, I can’t even ambush her when she gets out of the bath after a horse ride because of the damn dogs.

Then again, I have stupid stuff.

Like some retro games, record player, 8 track player, multi cassette players, XD players, iPod to analog to tuner converter, vhs, multi region dvd, Blu-ray, 4K, etc.  Hundreds of sf of book shelves, etc.

And like most of you, I’m going to plead the 5th on guns and watches.

I loved the huge blueberry bush we had next to the lake at our last house.  Damn horse ate the one next to the pond pasture here though.  And I accidentaly mowed the new one I planted a few years ago.  I did she a few surprises she must have planted for me when I was at work.

I guess she’s not all that bad.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Oiparhon:

View Quote

Why are the times so different on each watch?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#27]
What's the story on this one?  Very neat.  Year?  New bezel?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:35:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#29]
Originally Posted By emsjeep:
What's the story on this one?  Very neat.  Year?  New bezel?
View Quote

It is an early Rolex Sub model 6538 from the 50s. It was my father's.   Based on the marking inside of the case back, it was in military service at some point.  Just had it cleaned/tuned up.  

Regards
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#30]

I’m always amazed by GS. They have arguably the best dials, handsets, applied indices, cases, etc. in the business.  Much better than most, if not all Swiss manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#31]
NWD

Attachment Attached File

Digging it so far.  Will play around with some leather straps to dress it up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#32]
In Sin City for the weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Installed a nato on my sapphire sammy...

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#34]
FedEx came early!!!

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Normally my Rangers territory but loving my new pilot watch.

Wife says I should wear it in Africa next year so it will be.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:58:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teats] [#36]

I'm going to have to sell my first born, and left nut, so I can buy one of these.
It is soooo much better looking than a Rolex, and probably keeps better time.
My grail Watch for sure.
Well done sir, well done....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:05:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve118] [#37]
Auxcoastie, I love that pointer-date in bronze. I want a bronze watch and it's one I've been contemplating.

I got this guy below on a cruise ship actually - curious who you were sailing with /destination if you don't mind sharing?

Just changed it up this morning
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Joescuba:

It is an early Rolex Sub model 6538 from the 50s. It was my father's.   Based on the marking inside of the case back, it was in military service at some point.  Just had it cleaned/tuned up.  

Regards
View Quote
Very cool.  Ever had it appraised?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#40]
@ramairthree - man I am loving that Sharkhunter. I don’t have a black steel watch but if I did that would be it!

Regarding the Turtle- the 3 O’clock pip doesn’t bother me but I fully agree on the “X” - I hate that.

Good point on priorities too. Mine have also shifted in the last 2 years- with $ better spent on family time or things for my wife and kids vs myself. Wisdom gained with age I like to think. I am still not perfect but even trying to slim down a bit with regards to my toys - watches and guns being my main excess.

BB58 is back for the weekend and for a while probably. It’s on a Tudor OEM bracelet but with the Steel Reef extension- pretty slick mod actually. @ramairthree I know you love those Tudor hands ha!

Enjoy the weekend gents.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#41]
@ramairthree - man I am loving that Sharkhunter. I don’t have a black steel watch but if I did that would be it!

Regarding the Turtle- the 3 O’clock pip doesn’t bother me but I fully agree on the “X” - I hate that.

Good point on priorities too. Mine have also shifted in the last 2 years- with $ better spent on family time or things for my wife and kids vs myself. Wisdom gained with age I like to think. I am still not perfect but even trying to slim down a bit with regards to my toys - watches and guns being my main excess.

BB58 is back for the weekend and for a while probably. It’s on a Tudor OEM bracelet but with the Steel Reef extension- pretty slick mod actually. @ramairthree I know you love those Tudor hands ha!

Enjoy the weekend gents.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112468/IMG_3439_jpeg-3199165.JPG

Very nice.  I like the retro look of that model.

Regards

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#42]
@ramairthree - man I am loving that Sharkhunter. I don't have a black steel watch but if I did that would be it!

Regarding the Turtle- the 3 O'clock pip doesn't bother me but I fully agree on the "X" - I hate that.

BB58 is back for the weekend and for a while probably. It's on a Tudor OEM bracelet but with the Steel Reef extension- pretty slick mod actually. @ramairthree I know you love those Tudor hands ha!

Enjoy the weekend gents.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112468/IMG_3439_jpeg-3199165.JPG

View Quote
@5thlegion - I believe we have the same watches BB58 and Explorer 1. Can you tell the Steel Reef extension is aftermarket?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#43]
So I lost my para 3 clearing brush over a month ago and today my brother, my father, and I were cutting up downed trees in the same area. We had already hauled out 5 truck loads and had been about to leave with the final load when my brother found my stupid knife partially buried in the mud.

This thing was outside for 5 weeks through a tornado and multiple storms and it looks absolutely fine after cleaning it up, the only rust was in two tiny spots on the pocket clip that had previously been worn down to bare metal from carrying it, the rust came right off with a little scrubbing.

I was wearing my favorite Casio today too.

before
Attachment Attached File

after
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:
So I lost my para 3 clearing brush over a month ago and today my brother, my father, and I were cutting up downed trees in the same area. We had already hauled out 5 truck loads and had been about to leave with the final load when my brother found my stupid knife partially buried in the mud.

This thing was outside for 5 weeks through a tornado and multiple storms and it looks absolutely fine after cleaning it up, the only rust was in two tiny spots on the pocket clip that had previously been worn down to bare metal from carrying it, the rust came right off with a little scrubbing.

I was wearing my favorite Casio today too.

before
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369083/spyderco_para_3_returns_jpg-3199470.JPG
after
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369083/5610_para_3_returns_jpg-3199469.JPG
View Quote

Looks like a job well done!

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
@5thlegion - I believe we have the same watches BB58 and Explorer 1. Can you tell the Steel Reef extension is aftermarket?
View Quote

@IDidThat - Great combo! I am very impressed with the Steel Reef. Build quality and finish on par with OEM. Pic of the extended link:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Looks like a job well done!

https://i.imgur.com/OiGaaLB.jpeg
View Quote

Thank you again for the help!

That Oris is awesome is that a two-tone bezel?

what knife is that?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#48]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:

Thank you again for the help!

That Oris is awesome is that a two-tone bezel?

what knife is that?
View Quote

My pleasure. It's a Diver's 65.

It is two tone, but not what one might normally expect.

The knife is a Giant Mouse Biblio XL, that one was a LynchNW exclusive (CF and DLC Magnacut). I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#49]
This turned out perfect in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#50]
Cornhole with the kiddos.......Easy now, this isn't GD

Tissot doesn't get much love, but I got this for a steal and couldn't pass it up. I don't hate it. Lume is pretty sub par, but once I find the right Nato, it will be a good beater watch that looks pretty good. I can always get what I paid for it. Like $139. I think they retail for $375 with the rubber Tissot strap which is about $45 for the branded strap

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page / 378
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top