Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2024 9:54:03 PM EDT
my cover of "Jailbreak"
I'm trying to dial in my drums for recording.
I used a kick mic, a snare mic, and two overhead condensers.
I figured I could pull this off without mangling it too badly.
Share your thoughts! Even the bad ones.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
First thought was the drums weren't loud enough, but after listening to two different Thin Lizzy versions on youtube your drum level is close to what I was hearing on them.  So did you do all those parts yourself?  I thought you sounded very Thin Lizzyesque.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kazual:
First thought was the drums weren't loud enough, but after listening to two different Thin Lizzy versions on youtube your drum level is close to what I was hearing on them.  So did you do all those parts yourself?  I thought you sounded very Thin Lizzyesque.
View Quote

Did it all myself. Well, except for the sirens.lol..
I wanted it to sound as close as I could get to the original.
I put other stuff up on this forum, and the feedback I got was that the cymbals, particularly the ride, was harsh.
So I went with a "less is more" approach with the microphones.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Impressive, imo, recreating all that yourself and thanks for sticking that riff in my noggin.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kazual:
Impressive, imo, recreating all that yourself and thanks for sticking that riff in my noggin.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback, sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top