Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2023 2:03:20 PM EDT
So what did you make on your Weber Kettle today?

I made a whole chicken.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 2:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Kyuss-] [#1]
A roast on the BGE and a pork butt on the Traeger.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
So I wanted the nicer ash catcher for my basic kettle.  I looked up the price of the parts  and could not justify the price.   A well used one popped up on market place for $20.   It had the catcher and the thermometer I wanted.  I pulled the parts and put them on my new basic kettle.   I had planned to trash the old one but it just seemed wasteful.  The ash sweep was shot and I decided to roll the dice on an aftermarket one. It needed a ton of scraping to get the junk off.  A stainless bolt and fender washer filled the hole from the thermometer and I was in business.  
Today was its first cook.  I’ll keep oil on the rust on the lid and see how long this old thing keeps going.  

So for a grand total of $34 I got the parts for my other kettle and another functional kettle.

Cooked up some Hot Italian sausage.

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]

A 11lb pork butt for tonight’s dinner.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 9:20:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xring04] [#4]
Simple ribeyes on the kettle tonight.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Small 5.8 pound brisket from last summer's steer.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]
A quick dinner.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Chilean Sea Bass.

No pics.  We ate it.

Virtually any fish cooked over charcoal turns out pretty tasty.  And if you want to keep it simple, a squeeze of lime is all you need.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quick and easy dinner tonight.  Pork tenderloin on the kettle.  The venom kept the temp at a perfect 375.  Applewood gave it the perfect flavor.  

Makes for a build the fire, then set it and forget it kinda deal.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Grilled some sirloin steaks on the Weber Performer.

The built in gas torch makes lighting the charcoal chimney much easier.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]

No pics of the freshly finished product, just the left overs.  Missing is the pic of the broccoli.

Cook time of about 22 minutes at ripping hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top