Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2024 6:16:31 PM EDT
Lady Rodent wanted to see a play for Mothers' Day.

The people sitting beside us were so fat they oozed over the armrests. It was like returning to the womb, so warm and moist.

Most of the audience was obese. Most of the cast was, too. Even two of the ballerinas were obese. One of the ballerinas was a dude with a beard. He wasn't a ballet dancer, he was a ballerina.

Another cast member was a woman with a shaved head that was covered in tattoos.

A dude sitting in front of us was wearing a dress.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Rocky horror picture show?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It sounds like you bought tickets to a show put on by a LGBTWTFBBQ theater company.

Do your research next time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Death of a Salesman?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyfender2:
Death of a Salesman?
View Quote

I’m thinking Cats.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]

There's theater and then there's good theater, same with ballet.

Choose wisely
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a reason that actors were in the same social hierarchy as prostitutes in days of yore.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Hasn't threater always attracted weirdos? Like think of people that want to go see a play, usually weirdos. People that want to be in plays? Weirdos.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Yah..... but I'd bet they are all updated on their shots.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The Vagina Monologues?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was much, much younger I worked in technical theater (e.g. building sets, setting lighting etc.)

Freak show didn't even begin to describe it. And that was in the 80s, I can't imagine how over the top it must be now.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bandanabandit1:
Hasn't threater always attracted weirdos? Like think of people that want to go see a play, usually weirdos. People that want to be in plays? Weirdos.
View Quote
So, every theatergoer before 1900 was a weirdo? Because that's what people did before motion pictures.

Now actors and theater people? Yeah, always attracted certain personality types. There's a reason why the word "drama" has multiple meanings.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
You didn't stay for that shit did you?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#13]
Yesterday,  we were traveling through Green Bay. A town if 100k.
My wife wanted her rings cleaned and thought we should stop at the Jewler.
She told me to park by the food court entrance. Nothing good ever happens at mall food courts.
Fuck that......grab the spare mag before heading in. Then she has to use the restroom in the food court. My head is on a swivel.
Between the lack of English, the filthy people shuffling about,  the pieced faces and purple hair, the crazies arguing with thin air and everyone dressed like a pajama party with money to blow on cheap fast food, I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
I couldn't imagine going to a theater anymore.
I gave up air travel 6 years ago for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FGracing:

I’m thinking Cats Cunts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FGracing:
Originally Posted By sparkyfender2:
Death of a Salesman?

I’m thinking Cats Cunts.

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline001:
Yah..... but I'd bet they are all updated on their shots.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Lorax:
Yesterday,  we were traveling through Green Bay. A town if 100k.
My wife wanted her rings cleaned and thought we should stop at the Jewler.
She told me to park by the food court entrance. Nothing good ever happens at mall food courts.
Fuck that......grab the spare mag before heading in. Then she has to use the restroom in the food court. My head is on a swivel.
Between the lack of English, the filthy people shuffling about,  the pieced faces and purple hair, the crazies arguing with thin air and everyone dressed like a pajama party with money to blow on cheap fast food, I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
I couldn't imagine going to a theater anymore.
I gave up air travel 6 years ago for the same reasons.
View Quote

Wife: "Let's stop at the jeweler!"
Lorax: "Where?"
Wife: "In Green Bay."
Lorax: "No."
Wife: "..."
Wife: "Ok."

See how easy it is?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I literally just returned from a play.

There were a couple of chubby fat kids in the ensemble stuff, that's about it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#18]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:

Wife: "Let's stop at the jeweler!"
Lorax: "Where?"
Wife: "In Green Bay."
Lorax: "No."
Wife: "..."
Wife: "Ok."

See how easy it is?
View Quote

I haven't been there in about 3 years. Wow....things have definitely changed.
I always came in from the other entrance and avoided the food court.
No need to ever go back.
Green Bay used to be chock full of harmless Frankie MacDonald level retards in all their coloquial charm, wearing their green and gold all the time and nor being able to finish a sentence without saying , "Go Pack, Go!".
I do a little work in GB, but on the edge of the main city.
Just watching the news, it has greatly changed as has every town in America over 40k in population.

And yes, Theatre people have always been kind of "off". Same as other artsy shit.
I did Drum and Bugle Corps on the world level. Some others here have as well. You can't be involved in that and not be accepting to some degree.
We can accept some gay dudes or whatever, it's part of the realm, but today's freaks really rub your face in it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Fireside Theater?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Rocky horror picture show?
View Quote

Yeah, that was going to be my first guess.

Freaks on stage and in the audience... Welcome to stupidville.

Was it dance of the sugar plumb fatties?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I was not athletic in high school, and my only chance for hanging out with cute girls was to get into theater.

I would do it professionally, but the opportunity has never presented itself. Theater people are fun.

My high school drama clique:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By thawntex:
I was not athletic in high school, and my only chance for hanging out with cute girls was to get into theater.

I would do it professionally, but the opportunity has never presented itself. Theater people are fun.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/244128/1000004116_jpg-3212768.JPG
View Quote
How many of them came out of the closet after high school?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

There's theater and then there's good theater, same with ballet.

Choose wisely
View Quote
Basically this. The wife and I recently saw The Screwtape Letters at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas. It was very well done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thawntex] [#25]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R2point0:

Only one that I know of, but again, that was the advantage of being a straight kid in drama class
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#26]
The Tonys are a scam.  There are only 33 theaters on Broadway.  8-10 are running shows that have run for years, even decades.  Some are running shows for over a year so they don't qualify.  So you have maybe 15 - 20 newish shows and they are then split into revivals, plays and musicals so maybe 10 musicals and 5 each plays and revivals.

There are 5 nominations for each category.  Unless it is bombing, your show WILL be "Nominated for a Tony!" and you have a decent chance of winning one.

So a lot of crap gets nominated.  It is almost a law that 20% of the main characters and 30-50% of the actors and actresses need to be gay.

It's a wasteland.  But you can make a lot of money at it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rodent:
Lady Rodent wanted to see a play for Mothers' Day.

The people sitting beside us were so fat they oozed over the armrests. It was like returning to the womb, so warm and moist.

Most of the audience was obese. Most of the cast was, too. Even two of the ballerinas were obese. One of the ballerinas was a dude with a beard. He wasn't a ballet dancer, he was a ballerina.

Another cast member was a woman with a shaved head that was covered in tattoos.

A dude sitting in front of us was wearing a dress.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BUCC_Guy] [#28]

View Quote

The theater kids at my school fucked each other like rabbits.

If you wanted to get laid, the odds were good but the goods were odd.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Saw Hamilton a few months ago and the woman in front of us was so large she blocked my view for the first half of the show.  Luckily she squeezed her fat ass in a few empty seat a ways over during the intermission.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Years ago I had some spare time and was a supernumerary (basically an extra) in a Dallas Opera production of Salome.

The guy who played John the Baptist, an insanely talented opera singer whose name escapes me, was big into firearms. I want to say he was from Seattle, but he had brought his AR-15 with him and we ended up going to a local range. That was the first time I shot an AR.

The only people in that production that I recall being openly, flaming gay were the male dancers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I looked at NH, glad I went with WY. You only see that at the fast food places around here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#32]
So was this play in NYC, Boston, San Fran, or Miami?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Live Fat and Die?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Every time I leave the house, no matter where I go, its a freak show.

Now these giant mop top hair cuts are everywhere on the fatties. All they need is a grass skirt and spear to look complete.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I knew some ballerinas in college, every one of them was mentally unstable.  And you know how the theater kids are in high school.  Put those together, and it's a big mess of crazy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Years ago I had some spare time and was a supernumerary (basically an extra) in a Dallas Opera production of Salome.

The guy who played John the Baptist, an insanely talented opera singer whose name escapes me, was big into firearms. I want to say he was from Seattle, but he had brought his AR-15 with him and we ended up going to a local range. That was the first time I shot an AR.

The only people in that production that I recall being openly, flaming gay were the male dancers.
View Quote

I actually saw Salome in Vienna. Not really an Opera guy, but if you wanted to experience the building you pretty much had to see a show, and those old school opera houses are a show in their own right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By seek2:
When I was much, much younger I worked in technical theater (e.g. building sets, setting lighting etc.)

Freak show didn't even begin to describe it. And that was in the 80s, I can't imagine how over the top it must be now.

View Quote

Yep.  I took a Drama class just to get an elective at South Alabama in the early eighties and there were some real weirdos in that major.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#38]
My son received an nomanation to give a speech on a paper he wrote in collge(comm major). Speach was at proforming arts building. Holy cow, there were almost all freaks in the whole building. My 15yr old was wondering where did all the freaks come from.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Way back in college in the 80's one of my house-mates got in with a local theater group. We went to a couple performances - I was a bit shocked at how gay they were.

The housemate didn't give any indication of being gay himself - he seemed to do well with the ladies. He's actually the reason I met my wife - she was friends with his buddie's sister.

This winter I had a bit part in a tiny local historical film - the only thing like that I've ever done. There were a few obvious gays and lesbians, especially on the crew. I didn't notice any trans. The crew was generally ok. The talent was pretty strange to me - clearly theater people and not the kind of people I'm used to.

It was a fun experience. I'm not interested in doing it again.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I dated a girl that was in the drama club at high school. She was a wild one.

That’s all I’ve got.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

What year and where?  Swear to God I think I may recognize some of them.  Looks like late 80s, very early 90s.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By fishbit:
My son received an nomanation to give a speech on a paper he wrote in collge(comm major). Speach was at proforming arts building. Holy cow, there were almost all freaks in the whole building. My 15yr old was wondering where did all the freaks come from.
View Quote
What does that have to do with theater other than it happening in a performing arts building? Was there some kind of freakish sideshow happening along with these speeches?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#43]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

In college it was even better.

In grad school, forgetaboutit.

Professional world, epic.

The crazy/hot matrix increases as you level up (the freaks get weeded out in the lower levels).

Yeah, there are a bunch of weirdos, but there are also a bunch of very intelligent, hot, and crazy people in the biz--and it's a very small world once you are in it.

Ballerinas take this to an even higher level.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SETXshooter:

What year and where?  Swear to God I think I may recognize some of them.  Looks like late 80s, very early 90s.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SETXshooter:

Sent you a PM
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Sent you a PM
View Quote

Year was right in my head, place was off.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:51:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rodent] [#46]
Originally Posted By flyhack72:
… Ballerinas take this to an even higher level.
View Quote
My roommate and I noticed how athletic, flexible and slender all our college ballerinas were. And that straight guys in the classes would have no competition. Ultimately neither of us was brave enough to sign up. I mourn to this day for what my college experience might have been.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#47]
There is a reason the new American dream is a cabin in the woods
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:03:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Baddy] [#48]
I came across an ad for a small, local “performing arts and cultural center” on FB. On every one of their show flyers, they were sure to post prominently that they are still requiring N95 or equivalent masks for entry.

Absolutely ridiculous - but when you consider the intersection of mentally ill, virtue-signalers, and the pasty, unhealthy types that are usually involved in these ventures, it makes more sense.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Full disclosure. The wife and I have had season orchestra and ballet/opera tickets for years. Gone to hundreds.  

Yes,there is an odd one here or there, but it's nothing blatant.  What I think you guys are seeing is the difference between amateur and professional.  

Your local theater group is more than likely a den of loons where your local Kinko's manager thinks he can do King Lear.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#50]
What a freak show the theater world is
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top