Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a small amount of ALAB.  Exciting to watch, maybe IPOs are back.  Watching RDDT, probably won't buy it though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone looking at CMG? They're looking to do a 50-1 split in June...wondering if it might run up a bit before that date.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:40:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TEXASROOTERSBROTHER] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:
anyone looking at CMG? They're looking to do a 50-1 split in June...wondering if it might run up a bit before that date.
View Quote

I missed passed on that one at 140 and at 700.
I knew a guy that got in at 35 and sold at 70.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:18:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#5]
I have been adding small quantities of the following;

Stock     10-year ave. yearly return w/DRIP except AMZN.

LLY          24.73
AMZN      28.01 (no DRIP available)
CTAS       28.16
SMH       104.52

I think I will generally hold off on buying stocks for a while, but I will still add stocks on DRIP. The market appears to me to be highly over-bought, and Cramer is touting a market increase. Your call!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Grabbed 200 shares of HOOD this morning at $18.50.  Never gave them much thought in the past but caught this interview with CEO / cofounder Vlad Tenev over the weekend.  Seems like he has the vision and drive to totally shakeup the legacy fintechs.
Sitting Down With the CEO & CoFounder of Robinhood: Vlad Tenev
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Procat:
Grabbed 200 shares of HOOD this morning at $18.50.  Never gave them much thought in the past but caught this interview with CEO / cofounder Vlad Tenev over the weekend.  Seems like he has the vision and drive to totally shakeup the legacy fintechs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEzknmEzaE
View Quote

One of the companies I was looking into too. I haven't picked anything up but they could become the next Vanguard.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:

One of the companies I was looking into too. I haven't picked anything up but they could become the next Vanguard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEzknmEzaE

They're offering 3% reward for moving an IRA to them, no restrictions on amount.  Have to keep it for 5 years.  They were talking about it on the current episode of All In Podcast if you follow them.   It sounded like David Sacks moved some money there.  His buddy Peter Theil has one of the biggest IRA accounts out in the wild.  Presumably, David does also.  

I haven't really looked into it, but it was pretty funny to see some billionaires eyes light up when they heard that offer, whether RH honors the deal or not for billion dollar accounts, I have no idea.  It definitely caught their attention.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I was skeptical as well.
If you watch the video I posted Vlad basically lays out several examples how banks & financial institutions make money off clients. He basically says here’s what we’re making and we’ll share it with you. The competition cannot compete because their entire business is centered around collecting those fees / commissions in full and never acknowledging to the client that they’re receiving them.  They can’t offer anything like HOOD to attract new money because their legacy customers will demand the same deal. Robinhood basically built a system that will steal market share from the competition and destroy them (faster) if they try to fight it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Keeping my long-term stocks as defined by holding 3 to 5 years or more

However, I cashed out of almost everything else Friday and the rest tomorrow
Whether they were up or down

Will offset the taxes with the losers

It’s just too jittery right now, so for those shorter term stocks. I’m exiting the market.

We will see what it looks like closer to the election or just after before I get back in

Between the Fed, the Middle East, the election, just too many unanswered questions for me right now
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Re:hood

I have some and use it in a small way as well but I don’t trust them yet. If things go south across the board I don’t have faith they we still be standing at the end of the day

I felt the same way about FTX.  People kept saying how great it was, low fees bigger returns etc.  but I stuck with Coinbase and thank god I did

Not saying hood is a bad bet or that it can’t go the distance.  Just saying I won’t be moving my large holdings to them anytime soon and maybe not ever.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:49:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#12]
I have reduced/eliminated some of my weaker performing stocks. Just small amounts so far, and I have increased my T-bills slightly.

Mainly I am leaving my stocks as-is, even though I am expecting a downturn in the general stock market. I usually don't sell large amounts of stocks at one time, and just ride out any expected downturns. This has worked well for me in the past.

Currently I see a troubled world, possible civil violence greater than normal, and an up coming presidential election that is not normal and could lead to problems.

Sorry for the gloom and doom. I am usually optimistic, but just too many moving parts for me right now I guess.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Grabbed another 100 PLTR @ $22
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:10:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#14]
Grabbed another 100 PLTR @ $22
View Quote

Procat

I sold all of my PLTR today. I didn't own much so no big deal.

One of us is going to be wrong! Must be you since it surely can't be me!

Hope your PLTR goes up, up, up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought UNH ahead of earnings. It’s worked out well so far.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I posted a separate thread on this, but since you mentioned NVDA, which seems to be flattening, I found an ETF called NVDY that should do well from a sideways-trading NVDA. They sell covered calls on NVDA, with most of their holdings sitting in treasuries. The monthly dividend has been great since inception last year. Maybe I'm missing some fatal flaw in the strategy?
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#19]
SWA going to fire 2000 employees and cancelling service to 4 airports........
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top