Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 11:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GnarlyDood]
So this is in the local news:

Craziness

I was on my back porch the night the shooting happened that killed the tow truck driver in Taft. I remember hearing what I thought was a lot of fireworks followed by a LOT of sirens. Woke up the next day to this news.  Supposedly all done with 10mm. Not being an Alaskan bear hunter does 10mm sound different than your “typical” caliber?  Wild stuff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:02:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:10:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

His link has multiple "hits"...ETA...quote post edited

APRIL 10
The day before the carjacking, a tow truck driver was gunned down in the Taft neighborhood of Orange County.

A man was shot and killed in a Taft neighborhood.

(Picture was here of house and police tape)

Detectives said they believed that the shooting had been targeted, and News 6 later counted around 80 evidence markers outside a home near where the shooting took place.

According to Seminole County Sheriff Dennis Lemma, over 100 rounds had been fired during that shooting, with “a good percentage” of those rounds being 10mm bullets.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Thanks - I looked but didn’t see anything. Dupe worthy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
10mm was alot of cop guns not long ago.
40 cal & 10mm about the same.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The carjacking & burned out car with a body sounds like some drug / cartel business gone sideways.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
cartel activity -- no doubt

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GnarlyDood:
So this is in the local news:

Craziness

I was on my back porch the night the shooting happened that killed the tow truck driver in Taft. I remember hearing what I thought was a lot of fireworks followed by a LOT of sirens. Woke up the next day to this news.  Supposedly all done with 10mm. Not being an Alaskan bear hunter does 10mm sound different than your “typical” caliber?  Wild stuff.
View Quote

Sonny Crockett undercover again?  …. or a wannabe going to town on another banger’s crib wit his 10mm gat,  … ‘cause disrespected, yo.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#8]
“There’s no criminal history here for either Katherine or her husband in the United States.”

That only means they have never been caught.

Definitely some criminal connection here. The bizarre involvement of the Orange County Deputy just reinforces my belief.

If I had to guess, I’d bet money on a retribution killing over a drug deal that went wrong.

ETA- not sure if there is a connection to the tow truck driver being murdered (executed?) the day before. The fact that the tow truck had towed the suspect’s vehicle last month, may just be coincidence. Tow trucks tow a lot of vehicles.

The lack of 911 calls (FIRST thing I would do if “rammed” by another vehicle) and the weird connections between the Orange County Deputy Sheriff (using an alias) along with the south Florida connection all reads like a script for a Miami Vice episode.

ETA#2- I know the area well. My Mother lived just off Tuskawilla Road until recently. This is something VERY unusual for the area. This is a nice residential area, NOT downtown Orlando. If she was driving up from Jupiter on I95 and then took I-4, they must have been following her for quite awhile, waiting for an opportunity.

ETA#3- beauty solons (the south Florida business) are often used to launder money from illicit income. A mostly cash business that sells more service than product and transactions that are hard to trace. Very easy to take in thousands of Dollars per day, record it as “walk-ins” take it to the bank and have a squeaky clean profit, even after you pay the taxes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

Sonny Crockett undercover again?  …. or a wannabe going to town on another banger’s crib wit his 10mm gat,  … ‘cause disrespected, yo.
View Quote

Most likely 10mm just happened to be the chambering of the stolen gun they used.

Thugs and gangbangers don’t really think about shit like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top